Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Mixon-mystery tweet
This is a great deal for both parties if it happens.

You obviously cut Gio so you are not putting 15M into your RBs, and give mixon his 8 and have some younger, drafted guys as your RB2/3 like the rest of the league does.

The only way I give mixon this deal is if it means they drop useless gio.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2020, 10:33 AM)OrangeTerrain Wrote: This is a great deal for both parties if it happens.

You obviously cut Gio so you are not putting 15M into your RBs, and give mixon his 8 and have some younger, drafted guys as your RB2/3 like the rest of the league does.

1.) Gio's cap hit is actually 4.7 mil.  8 mil + 4.7 = 12.7 mil, not 15 mil.

2.) At 12.7 mil, that's really not that obscene to pay for your RB1/RB2. It's on the higher side, but it's far from the top.

3.) Cutting Gio would actually only save you 3.4 mil at this point.

4.) This late into the offseason there's nowhere you can really put that money to good use. Your best and really only option would be rolling it over.

5.) We have no other backs that have seen a single carry in the NFL.

6.) Gio is our best blocking back.

7.) Gio is arguably our most talented receiving back. Couple this with #6, and he's incredibly useful in obvious passing situations.

8.) Joe Mixon has been getting a good deal of carries these past two years. With an extension, you'd really want to be careful of letting him get close to or over 300.  The last thing you want is to dump a bunch of money into him and then burn him out with overuse.

My Conclusion - You keep Gio for this season, but he's definitely a potential cap casualty or restructure for next season.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2020, 12:05 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: My Conclusion - You keep Gio for this season, but he's definitely a potential cap casualty or restructure for next season.

This.

We are not desperate for cap space and we have no proven RB behind Mixon.  Plus Mixon has only been able to play 16 games once in his career.

Keep Gio this year, but do something about that contract next offseason.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2020, 10:33 AM)OrangeTerrain Wrote: This is a great deal for both parties if it happens.

Whomever did the deed, we thank you kindly (praying hands emoticon).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2020, 12:47 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Whomever did the deed, we thank you kindly (praying hands emoticon).

He brought a fresh perspective of negativity, piss, and vinegar. He will be missed.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2020, 02:05 PM)jason Wrote: He brought a fresh perspective of negativity, piss, and vinegar. He will be missed.

[Image: Theres-a-conflict-in-every-human-heart-b...riumph.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2020, 02:05 PM)jason Wrote: He brought a fresh perspective of negativity, piss, and vinegar. He will be missed.

He will be back
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2020, 08:58 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Leonard shitting on a Bengal.  What a shock!!!  Where is that stat about how he is not a good RB based on the starting line of scrimmage on his long runs?  LOL

Mixon is one of only 3 RBs to have at least 1100 yards each of the last two seasons and he has done it behind a garbage offensive line.  He is not asking for top 5 money.  He is just getting paid what he is worth.

(08-07-2020, 09:47 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Having Brady throwing to your receivers might have something to do with lower yardages in the run game....

What these guys said.
Reply/Quote

Not signing maybe?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2020, 07:04 PM)Synric Wrote:
Not signing maybe?

That don’t look good
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2020, 07:12 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: That don’t look good

Then he followed it up with “Life is good” so who knows. Seems like he’s an attention ***** at this point. I’m done trying to read into his tweets. I’ll wait for real news from now on. Lesson learned
Reply/Quote
HE's watching too much Jerry Meguire....
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2020, 12:47 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Whomever did the deed, we thank you kindly (praying hands emoticon).

Yes indeed!  YesYesYes
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2020, 09:00 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Then he followed it up with “Life is good” so who knows. Seems like he’s an attention ***** at this point. I’m done trying to read into his tweets. I’ll wait for real news from now on. Lesson learned

Done as well, don't know what the hell is going on with Mixon.

I will wait for the real news as you say LF40. Yawn
Reply/Quote
Here is the deal.

Mixon feels that if he "sells out" and takes less money than he feels he is worth that would be "not believeing in himself".

So he is just saying he doesn't care what it looks like. He believes in himself no matter what.

He is so brave and strong.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2020, 06:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Here is the deal.

Mixon feels that if he "sells out" and takes less money than he feels he is worth that would be "not believeing in himself".

So he is just saying he doesn't care what it looks like. He believes in himself no matter what.

He is so brave and strong.

He tell you this personally or you just speaking for him without really knowing anything?

I’ve been grilled on here for making assumptions... seems you’re doing just that. Unless of course, you’re his neighbor and you guys spoke at the mailbox or something.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2020, 06:29 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: He tell you this personally or you just speaking for him without really knowing anything?

I’ve been grilled on here for making assumptions... seems you’re doing just that. Unless of course, you’re his neighbor and you guys spoke at the mailbox or something.

Here is the way I look at it.  We are allowed to play silly little guessing games with players when they play silly little guessing games with us.

It is okay to poke fun at any player who acts like a social media attention baby.  That is totally different from just making up wild theories about a player based on "the look on his face" or something else you just make up in your head.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2020, 11:19 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Here is the way I look at it.  We are allowed to play silly little guessing games with players when they play silly little guessing games with us.

It is okay to poke fun at any player who acts like a social media attention baby.  That is totally different from just making up wild theories about a player based on "the look on his face" or something else you just make up in your head.

Speculation is speculation no matter how you spin it.

He could have been eating mayonnaise that had passed the expiration and is believing in himself to not get sick...
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2020, 01:14 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Speculation is speculation no matter how you spin it.

He could have been eating mayonnaise that had passed the expiration and is believing in himself to not get sick...

Or, with all the talk about Burrow, AJ and the new free agents, he could just be trying to get people to put the focus back on him, and believes in himself that he can do it..... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
I'm just glad he's not challenging us to do better than his one yard per carry vs San Francisco...

I have mixed feelings on Joe Mixon. He's done his best to make people forget his lil incident in college, and he's a nice talent. The guy's known nothing but losing in the NFL, and still walks with his head high talking about nobody being able to stop him, and his teammates. That's gotta be good for the locker room... But... I'm starting to come around to the belief that teams should just run a running back hard on his rookie deal, and then move on. Just like in dating... There's always another train coming.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote