Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Mixon-mystery tweet
https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2020/08/04/joe-mixon-wants-bengals-extension-rank-top-8-rbs/

$8 million/year doesn't seem unreasonable at all. If he's got a contract decision to make, I hope it's because the guaranteed piece is a little light, or the guarantee is solid and the base is a little light with good incentives. Hopefully, they didn't just lowball him outright.
Reply/Quote
We’re paying Gio almost 5 mil. If they won’t give Joe 8 they’re crazy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
hopefully a good news mystery

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
$8 million a year seems fair to both sides as long as he gets a big chunk guaranteed.

I was saying 4 year $35M. That is $8.75 per year, but most of the time the yearly average is meaningless. It is how much you get guaranteed and and how much is pushed to the back end. Players have signed contracts before when they knew they would probably never earn it all. They just wanted to brag about having the biggest contract.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2020, 12:17 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We’re paying Gio almost 5 mil. If they won’t give Joe 8 they’re crazy.

Gio is only making $4.1 million this year, but he is still overpaid.

I hope they don't let that bad contract effect what they pay Mixon.
Reply/Quote
Word is, Joe is about to sign a deal that will reset the market at RB... I say do it.. He has earned it and is a hell of a team player and captain... His play is of a top 5 production the past few years and that just makes him all the more that important. Considering how bad the offense has been since he came, I say sign him now to whatever he's asking...
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2020, 07:18 PM)Tony Wrote: Word is, Joe is about to sign a deal that will reset the market at RB

Link?
Reply/Quote
It seems that they have "an understanding"..

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2020/8/4/21354755/nfl-news-bengals-joe-mixon-twitter-contract?fbclid=IwAR0TVxrIm0rr_LNV4r5CpXPyJijTRQYh0rcEMbniEPLyE7jTeiMeFSZZD4A

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2020, 07:32 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It seems that they have "an understanding"..

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2020/8/4/21354755/nfl-news-bengals-joe-mixon-twitter-contract?fbclid=IwAR0TVxrIm0rr_LNV4r5CpXPyJijTRQYh0rcEMbniEPLyE7jTeiMeFSZZD4A

Not a big fan of giving RBs a huge contract. But I won’t complain.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(08-04-2020, 07:18 PM)Tony Wrote: Word is, Joe is about to sign a deal that will reset the market at RB... I say do it.. He has earned it and is a hell of a team player and captain... His play is of a top 5 production the past few years and that just makes him all the more that important. Considering how bad the offense has been since he came, I say sign him now to whatever he's asking...

That’s concerning considering what other RB’s have been getting the last year or two. I love him, no arguing that he’s not a beast. That said RB’s take a lot of wear and tear. Maybe he’ll play 10-15 years at an all pro level but if they pay him McCaffrey money they’re crazy. $8-10 per year is max I’d go. And if we’re going $10 I’d have to cut Gio to justify that money. I love Gio too but he’s overpaid for how we used him lately. Otherwise keep Gio and draft another back to play out his rookie contract and let Joe go to the market (and get a decent comp pick when he leaves).
Reply/Quote
Social media drama queen.

"Look at me!! Look at me!! I have a secret!!"
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2020, 08:27 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Not a big fan of giving RBs a huge contract. But I won’t complain.

Pretty much my thoughts, as well.  

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
The understanding is HE will be the starting RB again, not Gio. Hehe
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2020, 09:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Social media drama queen.

"Look at me!! Look at me!! I have a secret!!"

Are you at all familiar with millennials Fred?

Reply/Quote
(08-04-2020, 10:08 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Are you at all familiar with millennials Fred?

Yes.

I have to chase them off my lawn all the time.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2020, 01:11 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes.

I have to chase them off my lawn all the time.

C’mon now...millennials don’t go outside.

Reply/Quote
(08-05-2020, 01:14 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: C’mon now...millennials don’t go outside.

Lollygaggers, I tell you.  The whole lot of them.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2020, 01:19 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Lollygaggers, I tell you.  The whole lot of them.

And now I want to watch Bull Durham.

Reply/Quote
(08-04-2020, 08:27 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Not a big fan of giving RBs a huge contract. But I won’t complain.

Mixon will be very important for the next year or two. It's going to be nice to have a bull back there while Burrow acclimates to the NFL and as we finally get a line established.....
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2020, 07:37 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: [Image: Shutyourmouth.gif]

Mounds Bars are delicious.

Also my vote is that Mixon was deciding on if he wanted an original or a spicy sandwich from Chick-Fil-A. That is a killer choice every time. Lol

Popeyes chicken sandwich > Chick-Fil-A chicken sandwich. Don't @ me
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote