Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Mixon's Foot - Bungle Med Staff at it Again?
These guys are so wacky! LOL

Couple of weeks ago I think they diagnosed him with a small case of retardo foot (fetus lookalike meatus), which apparently isn't a commonly known disorder but carries with it a quick recovery time. Like a game and a bye week, according to medical journals.

Been 4 weeks now and Mixon is still out, which has led them to revise the diagnosis to a more modern and commonly known disorder - Imaginary Gangrene (pedibus veridi) with a side of TapDancer's Malady. This is actually not a real thing. Neither one of them, according to a panel of experts.

I think we need to probably find a better team doctor. And RIP Joe Mixon.  
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2020, 04:49 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: These guys are so wacky! LOL

Couple of weeks ago I think they diagnosed him with a small case of retardo foot (fetus lookalike meatus), which apparently isn't a commonly known disorder but carries with it a quick recovery time. Like a game and a bye week, according to medical journals.

Been 4 weeks now and Mixon is still out, which has led them to revise the diagnosis to a more modern and commonly known disorder - Imaginary Gangrene (pedibus veridi) with a side of TapDancer's Malady. This is actually not a real thing. Neither one of them, according to a panel of experts.

I think we need to probably find a better team doctor. And RIP Joe Mixon.  

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
They just don't know how to use the new IR rules.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2020, 05:04 PM)jj22 Wrote: They just don't know how to use the new IR rules.

Yeah, someone really needs to explain to them they can only miss 3 games if required.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
A lot of money being dumped into players who are not playing to their cost:
- AJ Green ($18.1 mill)
- Geno Atkins ($14.2 mill)
- DJ Reader ($10 mill)
- Trae Waynes ($10 mill)
- CJ Uzomah ($5.9 mill)
- John Ross ($5.5 mill)
- Shawn Williams ($4.9 mill)
- Joe Mixon ($3.9 mill)
------------------------------
$72.5 mill

That doesn't even include the amount paid to Dunlap before he was traded.

If people want to know why the season has gone the way it has, look at the injuries, vets not performing well on the field, or just not being used much.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
This is why you don't pay running backs.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2020, 05:42 PM)Whatever Wrote: This is why you don't pay running backs.

Cook otoh is playing like a madman after getting paid. The universe just hates us.

Reply/Quote
We must just play the injury thing more conservatively than other teams do. We're coming off a bye week and were supposed to get a whole bunch of guys back, and it's like well we get Jonah and Sam back and that's about it. I'm not saying that being conservative about injuries is wrong necessarily, just frustrating as a fan.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2020, 05:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Cook otoh is playing like a madman after getting paid. The universe just hates us.

Yes. 

"Don't pay running backs" is a guideline, not an inviolable rule. 
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2020, 04:49 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I think we need to probably find a better team doctor. And RIP Joe Mixon.  

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2020, 06:24 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: We must just play the injury thing more conservatively than other teams do. We're coming off a bye week and were supposed to get a whole bunch of guys back, and it's like well we get Jonah and Sam back and that's about it. I'm not saying that being conservative about injuries is wrong necessarily, just frustrating as a fan.

You have to
Press the issue with injuries
in this business.
Careers are too short

Reply/Quote
Is Mixon out again this Sunday? If so this is ridiculous, just shut him and Geno the **** down already... Better with Gio right now anyway..
Reply/Quote
What about John Ross's fantom foot injury? He really must be going full go in practice to injure his foot. Or they're making it up. Regardless, he's not needed.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2020, 07:08 PM)Tony Wrote: Is Mixon out again this Sunday? If so this is ridiculous, just shut him and Geno the **** down already... Better with Gio right now anyway..

He’s listed as doubtful. Didn’t practice all week. Almost no chance he plays.

Reply/Quote
I've never understood the love for Mixon on this board. Now I'm not saying he's trash but what has he really done that makes him a great running back? Yes the offensive line stinks but the truly great RBs still find away to "get skinny" and create their own holes from time to time. I don't recall ever seeing Mixon do that. And when was the last time he broke a long run and out ran someone to the end zone?
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2020, 05:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Cook otoh is playing like a madman after getting paid. The universe just hates us.

Tru

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2020, 09:06 PM)Mer Wrote: I've never understood the love for Mixon on this board. Now I'm not saying he's trash but what has he really done that makes him a great running back? Yes the offensive line stinks but the truly great RBs still find away to "get skinny" and create their own holes from time to time. I don't recall ever seeing Mixon do that. And when was the last time he broke a long run and out ran someone to the end zone?

Unfortunately,  hes another one of the Dunlap type guys.. Beat the hell out of Jags and the browns and not even be on the radar against good competition...
Does Mixon even have a run over 50 in his career? I know Gio does... Seriously, Mixon isn't much better than Gio if at all...
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2020, 09:21 PM)Tony Wrote: Unfortunately,  hes another one of the Dunlap type guys.. Beat the hell out of Jags and the browns and not even be on the radar against good competition...

I said it in another thread but what I really think we need is 250#+ thumper that will crash into the line of scrimmage for 3-4 yards. If he runs into the backs of a few linemen maybe it will motivate them to try harder and move their man out of the way.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2020, 09:06 PM)Mer Wrote: I've never understood the love for Mixon on this board. Now I'm not saying he's trash but what has he really done that makes him a great running back? Yes the offensive line stinks but the truly great RBs still find away to "get skinny" and create their own holes from time to time. I don't recall ever seeing Mixon do that. And when was the last time he broke a long run and out ran someone to the end zone?

(11-13-2020, 09:21 PM)Tony Wrote: Unfortunately,  hes another one of the Dunlap type guys.. Beat the hell out of Jags and the browns and not even be on the radar against good competition...
Does Mixon even have a run over 50 in his career? I know Gio does... Seriously, Mixon isn't much better than Gio if at all...

(11-13-2020, 09:26 PM)Mer Wrote: I said it in another thread but what I really think we need is 250#+ thumper that will crash into the line of scrimmage for 3-4 yards. If he runs into the backs of a few linemen maybe it will motivate them to try harder and move their man out of the way.

I usually agree with you guys but I don't understand Mixon or Gio hate behind this O-line.

And the only thing Gio is better at than Mixon is picking up the blitz which Gio is elite at. 

Mixon can truck defenders and has just as good of hands as Gio. If used as a pass catcher more there isn't a more dynamic 
RB in the NFL than Mixon. He is great after the catch, has great hands, elusiveness and can go through defenders unlike Gio.

But right now, I stick with Gio while the Offense is rolling. Doesn't take shit away from Mixon IMO.

Roll with the hot hand.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2020, 09:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I usually agree with you guys but I don't understand Mixon or Gio hate behind this O-line.

And the only thing Gio is better at than Mixon is picking up the blitz which Gio is elite at. 

Mixon can truck defenders and has just as good of hands as Gio. If used as a pass catcher more there isn't a more dynamic 
RB in the NFL than Mixon. He is great after the catch, has great hands, elusiveness and can go through defenders unlike Gio.

But right now, I stick with Gio while the Offense is rolling. Doesn't take shit away from Mixon IMO.

Roll with the hot hand.

I completely agree. 
Reply/Quote