Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Mixon's apology
For anyone who hasn't seen it (and I have a feeling quite a few haven't), here it is. I feel this is thread worthy, because people need to realize how sorry this kid is. This isn't another Pacman Jones, where Pacman goes off on reporters who dare question him. Mixon wanted to apologize, looks 100% sincere/humble and legitimately tears up several times through the video. I truly believe the kid is sorry. Can we forgive him and give him a chance to redeem himself?

The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Well said.
Reply/Quote
I am sticking by my slogan:

You forgive those who repent...not those who repeat.

As long as he has turned it around I have no problem with the kid.
Reply/Quote
Couple this video with the joint statement made by Mixon and Molitor and I'm perfectly willing to give the guy a chance.

It also sounds like the Bengals are going to put together some kind of support system for him too.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I'm def willing to give Mixon a chance. I think he is the best RB in the draft class and is ready to change his ways.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Seems to me like a good young man made a very poor choice. It should not define him for the rest of his life.

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 02:02 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Couple this video with the joint statement made by Mixon and Molitor and I'm perfectly willing to give the guy a chance.

It also sounds like the Bengals are going to put together some kind of support system for him too.

Here is a link for that joint statement, for anyone interested:

http://www.tulsaworld.com/document-read-the-joint-statement-by-molitor-and-mixon/pdf_0f8b689f-8e73-50ce-a28e-9d2f3c91e777.html
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
It is better for Joe Mixon to be in Cincinnati than on the street. While men like Andrew Whitworth and Domata Peko are no longer around to provide mentoring, I think playing for Marvin Lewis is good for a player with a troubled past because Marvin has a heart for such young men -- and so does Mike Brown.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It seems that there are some people who would only be happy if they would have assembled a lynch mob and strung Mixon up after the incident.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
I can forgive the guy and I hope he does big things here.
Reply/Quote
In all honesty, im not fussed about a video apology where the guy tears up. It's good to have done an apology, but really the very least he could've done as well. I would expect the guy to apologise and be ashamed of what he's done.

What is important, isn't this video, but how he handles himself daily here on out. I dont like the pick, BUT he seems to have kept his nose clean since then. All he can do is continue to do so. If he does, then that's really all that can be done. My respect level for him will only rise the more he continues to be a good person. But, I won't forget that he once thought it was a good idea to smash some girl's face in. Forgivness, but not forgetting. I think that's fair and reasonable.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 02:32 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: It seems that there are some people who would only be happy if they would have assembled a lynch mob and strung Mixon up after the incident.

MILK! It does a body good. 
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 02:40 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I can forgive the guy and I hope he does big things here.

Which is exactly the stance you should take.
Reply/Quote
He looks truly repentant, especially when talking about how he let his Mom down.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
As long as he's matured and changed. I say he should be forgiven. Yes, people really can change.

Adam Jones on the other hand still acts like a bitter young man.

The dude has football skills but continually acts like a moron otherwise.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
If your a fan of the football stuff its embraced.
I'm not sure why people are suprised because it's
always been about putting fans in the seats for our owner. Period. Hope the best for the kid because he could be special. He's 20..... No city miles..
I just want the "kid" to become a better person.
The chip on his shoulder is huge because he put it there. I've listened to all his interviews post incedent and now you just hope you get a good outcome. We're not talking about an average talent AT ALL! Its a three down back with pro bowl potential. Morals vs Football. 
Dear Mixon:
Be your own man and go HOME AFTER PRACTICE!!!!
Just get in the community and mean what you say by your actions. I'm rooting for you!!!
Don't EVER be seen with Pac_ Man Jones!!!!!!!!!!-
Take his advice though because its what's not to do.
I certainly don't agree what happened but some didnt agree on the bad choices I made. I won't buy your jersey until you show better than you can tell. If you screw up your ****** for life. Be great or not its up to you!!!!
Start a foundation in the inner city and the suburbs. 
You'd be suprised how many poor people live in the burbs. Last draft post 18
Reply/Quote
I'm guessing that he had to apologize to stay on the team, it was probably required. He did seem to mean it though.
Reply/Quote
I also just watched the video of him breaking the little blonde girls face too. She pushed him first but it's not like she could of hurt him. He knocks her out and then runs out the door.
Reply/Quote
He does look repentant I'm willing to forgive, people make stupid decisions and it's nice that him and the girl got together privately and he had the chance to apologize to her.
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Definately, every Bengal fan needs to see all of this.

Reps Shake and quite a few who already said the way i feel.

It was a one time idiotic, pathetic, terrible thing he did at the age of 17.

Now lets hope he becomes a great man and this is all behind him.
Reply/Quote