Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Mixon's apology
(04-29-2017, 06:04 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/oklahomas-joe-mixon-shows-no-shred-of-remorse-for-punching-a-woman/

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - --
(From 2017)

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/big12/2017/01/05/joe-mixon-no-charges-parking-ticket-attendant/96216816/

(04-29-2017, 08:50 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: It's right after he had a year off from suspension. I am not sure that's "right after".

The press conference you posted is much more recent, sure, but it's also from a guy who is desperate to make millions of guaranteed dollars. "Hey Joe, look and sound super sorry and you'll get $4m. Look like an asshole and you'll get maybe $600k."

- In his apology press conference (much more recent than the article) they asked him why he waited so long to say anything. He explained that his lawyers had told him to not say anything at all or take questions regarding what happened. That advice, and his answers in that article make sense as litigation on  a settlement were still going on.

If you watched the video posted, you would have heard him clarify that when he answered the question.

If you weren't looking for evidence to prove your own point you would have heard him clarify that when he answered the question. it's tough to take someone seriously in a serious discussion when they act like that.

- The parking ticket thing is stupid. He tore up a ticket and tossed it. He says on the ground, someone else says at them. Blah blah. Driving a car to intimidate could mean several things. I take it as he got in and drove away while the attendant was trying to block him arguing over the torn up ticket - then filed the worst description and charge to get him in trouble.

NOTHING happened to him from the above incident with the exception of Stoops suspending him for a game. And good on Bob Stoops for doing that. I'm sure Stoops said zero tolerance and suspending for such a minor incident is pretty heavy handed.

- I also read where his High School coach said in an interview that he had never ever had trouble out of Mixon and that he had broken up a fight where a guy had been hitting a girl in the school cafeteria.

This kid isn't all bad and is still very young.
Reply/Quote