Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Ossai in action
Who knew a torn miniscus takes this long these days
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2022, 03:52 PM)Tony Wrote: Dude is gonna go off.. 10+ sacks.. Maybe 15..

15? LOL

Micah Parsons “only” had 13 last season. I know we’re all really excited about Ossai (beating Wirfs for a sack is impressive for any player - let alone a rookie), but I think you need to temper your expectations some.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-17-2022, 03:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: That no Lady...That's Dana Jacobson 

F Notre Dame
Reply/Quote
Had another surgery, he's done rip
Reply/Quote
He's one I'm really anxious to see this pre-season.
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't mind renting Clowney for about $8MIL just in case.

Ossai looked good during preseason last year, but so did Darius Hodge when he took Ossai's place.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-17-2022, 03:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Glad to see this from the ROOKIE and hope he has a great ROOKIE year. One of the easiest transitions for a ROOKIE such as Ossai to make is just pinning his ears back and going for the QB. I think he could be in the running for ROOKIE of the year.

I think he could have one of the best seasons ever for a Bengals ROOKIE defender!

Typically, you don't see ROOKIES with as much versatility as Joe, which I think is what makes him so valuable to this team, and being a ROOKIE means that he has a very bright future ahead of him.

Being a ROOKIE, how the coaches use him based off of his plays in games will also evolve.

Pumped to see Ossai succeed as a ROOKIE!
Reply/Quote
Cant wait to see Ossai in stripes for his ROOKIE year.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2022, 04:03 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: 15? LOL

Micah Parsons “only” had 13 last season. I know we’re all really excited about Ossai (beating Wirfs for a sack is impressive for any player - let alone a rookie), but I think you need to temper your expectations some.

He’s breaking the record, 25 sacks this year…..

No it is exciting to see another hopefully fierce pass rusher. It was limited but his explosiveness we don’t really have even though we have some excellent pass rushers . Interested if Hubert brings anything to the table as well. should be exciting ROOKIE years for them.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2022, 08:47 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: He’s breaking the record, 25 sacks this year…..

No it is exciting to see another hopefully fierce pass rusher. It was limited but his explosiveness we don’t really have even though we have some excellent pass rushers . Interested if Hubert brings anything to the table as well. should be exciting ROOKIE years for them.

He must be the Defense Chase, gonna break every Defensive ROOKIE record out there...

PS haven't seen any new posts from Fred, maybe he slipped under the table
Reply/Quote
Video 
Sounds like Ossai had a setback along the way and went under the knife again.

Quote:"He had another procedure done to help the process," Taylor said, "It's going to take a couple more weeks, but he's certainly on track to be able to play in training camp and do some good things for us."

Hate to hear that.

Bengals OTAs continue

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2022, 10:07 PM)jj22 Wrote: Sounds like Ossai had a setback along the way and went under the knife again.

Hate to hear that.

Bengals OTAs continue

Eh. Hope this doesn't continue, we all want him full go come TC and the regular season. Whatever
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2022, 03:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Absolute freak athlete for his size.

6'4"

255 lbs

4.62 forty

41.5 vertical

His most freakish trait was his 10-yard split:  1.58.  Tested in the 99% percentile of all outside linebackers (which is what they have him listed as...an edge rushing LB.

FWIW, he also had a 10' 11" Broad jump and did the bench press of 225lbs 19 times.  That gives him an explosiveness score (Bench+Broard+Vert) of 71.4, which is pretty damn good.  He probably could have gotten in to the elite rating of explosiveness if he trained for the bench press and got in up to 25+ times, but it isn't really that vital, IMHO.  I just like comparing explosiveness among the elite athletes.  
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2022, 05:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I wouldn't mind renting Clowney for about $8MIL just in case.

Ossai looked good during preseason last year, but so did Darius Hodge when he took Ossai's place.

Don't want anything to do with Mr. "Pay me more based on one college tackle".  

The kid from Coastal Carolina (Jeffrey Gunter) will be this year's Hodge...probably kill some poor third stringers in the preseason, and one guy I believe we are sleeping on is Khalid Kareem.  

Kareem didn't get to perform at the combine or a pro day, and it caused him to fall to the Bengals in the 5th round.  He was projected as a mid-round pick, and I read an article at the time that SF was very high on him.  

He had a torn labrum his 9th game of his final year at ND, and played through it.  He said he didn't realize it was torn, as he thought it was just sore.  Tough guy to play through that.  He had the surgery and ended up a Bengal.

He had a really nice game against Denver (helped win it, basically) and had a PFF score of 94 that game, but left with a concussion.  Two weeks later, in the game he got the most snaps of his career, against the Browns (with a lot of backups around him) he scored an 84 on PFF.

I think he is big enough to rotate inside on some pass rush snaps, and the Bengals could use that flexibility.  

Hoping he and Ossai are both healthy and major contributors this season.  The entire defense gets better if Hendrickson and Hubbard aren't out there every snap.  
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2022, 03:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: BTW I am going to be doing a shot every time i see a Bengal fan claim that 2022 is "really his rookie season"!!

Wasted

I will match your shots with bong rips.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2022, 03:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: BTW I am going to be doing a shot every time i see a Bengal fan claim that 2022 is "really his rookie season"!!

Wasted

(05-18-2022, 09:58 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: I will match your shots with bong rips.

You two ROOKIE's are going to be flat on your faces.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2022, 10:02 AM)Stewy Wrote: You two ROOKIE's are going to be flat on your faces.

Anyone else get the feeling that Fred worded it that way so that the shots were consecutively? Lawyering his way out of that problem?
Reply/Quote
Joe Mixon on Ossai when they drafted him "I hate so say it because of where he's from (Texas), but we just got a monster"
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2022, 02:11 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Good to see, hope he lives up to his potential.
Just don't over hype him too much, better to be surprised than disappointed.

agreed....we were so hyped on this dude after a good preseason game VS TB but nothing more....
lets hope that was a true indicator on how good he can be.

Sidenote: Im a bit hyped over the FA
 guy : Tisdale .....6-5 , 280 , ran a 4.6 ??!! WTF?
he must be raw as hell but the measurables are out of this world 
Reply/Quote
I’ve seen Ossai he’s gonna shock a few folks. The guy’s a solid pass rusher
Reply/Quote