Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 1.57 Average
Joe football iQ on another level
So today was a perfect example of how Joe Burrow is playing multiple games of 3-dimensional chess at the same time while I am pushing around a small square rock making bulldozer noises.

Joe was sacked 9 times officially and had 2 more wiped out by penalty/time out. A lot of people were saying "Throw the ball away!!" but if he slings his arm to throw all those away that is another 11 tosses. Joe knew it was better to take the sacks and save his arm strength. If he had thrown the ball away all those times to avoid sacks then he might not have had the juice left to throw that strike to Ja'Marr to set up the game winner.

He sees angles we don't even think about.
Reply/Quote
Imagine what he could do if he took notes in meetings!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Are you drunk this time or no
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 12:28 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: Imagine what he could do if he took notes in meetings!

That's the sad part, when I heard him say that I'm like damn we got a braniac eidetic memory dude here and I'm typing up all my notes at work to do CTRL +F on them later. Without all my notes and CTRL+F, I wouldn't earn a dollar in this world. Joe is a combination of coolest person alive and closet nerd I think. I don't think it's even closet, he's wearing spongebob and dunder mifflin outfits at the same time.
Reply/Quote
Did hell just freeze over? FredToast complements Joe Burrow?

Just wondering because I have alot of stuff that is awaiting that possibility.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Joe just likes to pad his own stats. He gets sacked that’s 10-15 more passing yards he can pick up on that drive.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 12:36 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Joe just likes to pad his own stats. He gets sacked that’s 10-15 more passing yards he can pick up on that drive.

Don't sacks subtract from your yards passed? I forget lol
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 12:38 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Don't sacks subtract from your yards passed? I forget lol

Sacks only come off TEAM stats.  

Joe just likes padding up his personal stats.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 12:27 AM)fredtoast Wrote: So today was a perfect example of how Joe Burrow is playing multiple games of 3-dimensional chess at the same time while I am pushing around a small square rock making bulldozer noises.

Joe was sacked 9 times officially and had 2 more wiped out by penalty/time out.  A lot of people were saying "Throw the ball away!!" but if he slings his arm to throw all those away that is another 11 tosses.  Joe knew it was better to take the sacks and save his arm strength.  If he had thrown the ball away all those times to avoid sacks then he might not have had the juice left to throw that strike to Ja'Marr to set up the game winner.

I can't find anything to argue about here. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 12:36 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Joe just likes to pad his own stats. He gets sacked that’s 10-15 more passing yards he can pick up on that drive.

Not to mention if he threw it away, that would've been 9 more incompletions.

Dude is the Russell Westbrook of the NFL.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Burrow is playing 3D Tic Tac Toe for the Atari 2600.

[Image: 236695-3-d-tic-tac-toe-atari-2600-front-cover.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Sociopath. I like it.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 12:47 AM)Destro Wrote: Sociopath. I like it.

Joeciopath. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
All I know if we can get the OL to give him an extra .50 to .75 and a clean pocket to step up and throw JB will only get better and that is scary for the rest of the NFL
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 01:01 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: All I know if we can get the OL to give him an extra .50 to .75 and a clean pocket to step up and throw JB will only get better and that is scary for the rest of the NFL

If we ever give Joe a top 5 OL the NFL will have to change some rules to make it fair for the other teams lol
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 01:03 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: If we ever give Joe a top 5 OL the NFL will have to change some rules to make it fair for the other teams lol

That is what refs are for
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 12:27 AM)fredtoast Wrote: So today was a perfect example of how Joe Burrow is playing multiple games of 3-dimensional chess at the same time while I am pushing around a small square rock making bulldozer noises.

Joe was sacked 9 times officially and had 2 more wiped out by penalty/time out. A lot of people were saying "Throw the ball away!!" but if he slings his arm to throw all those away that is another 11 tosses. Joe knew it was better to take the sacks and save his arm strength. If he had thrown the ball away all those times to avoid sacks then he might not have had the juice left to throw that strike to Ja'Marr to set up the game winner.

This can’t all be serious can it ^^
Reply/Quote
Classic Fred trying to make lemonade out of oranges. Can never just be happy and always trying to go against the norm of everyone else.
Reply/Quote
Joe got the record for most sacks in a playoff game win, beating out McNabb. I don't know how many McNabb had, but we also tied for being sacked the most in a playoff game (W. Moon). Joe shiesty with another record.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 01:46 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Joe got the record for most sacks in a playoff game win, beating out McNabb. I don't know how many McNabb had, but we also tied for being sacked the most in a playoff game (W. Moon). Joe shiesty with another record.

I believe I heard McNabb won with 8 during the game.
Reply/Quote