Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe is not Andy
It is early and he has been under pressure but stat they showed when Burrows throws out of pocket was wow, has improvement there besides down the field
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 05:20 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Anytime someone calls Brady the "goat" I shake my head and remind them that if he played in the 80's or early 90's he'd have lasted 2 seasons at most. He is soft, and cries at any hit he takes, the old school defenses would have broken him.

Meh, if it weren't for wimpy Brady then "hard nosed" Pig Ben would have like 8 rings.  
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 06:46 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, if it weren't for wimpy Brady then "hard nosed" Pig Ben would have like 8 rings.  

I love Brady. Might just root for him this season since bengals suck again
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 05:38 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: This is a recency bias take. Brady has played in the league for a long time and has taken some monster shots without a problem. He does what he does to play the rules. 

For instance, here is a shot he took early in his career by a former Bengal, Nate Clements. This hit would likely be a suspension, but back then, it wasn't even a flag. He claps, grabs his helmet and goes back to the huddle. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4OTH0pddv4

This is a stupid take tbh. The idea that Brady would crumble if he started his career five years earlier is laughable.

Not trying to hi-jack the thread, but you are completely wrong.

Name one other QB that this crap happens for... 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ftw/2019/09/18/tom-brady-raekwon-mcmillan-referee-stay-off-tom-patriots-dolphins/40168903/

"the referee in Sunday's Week 2 matchup between the Dolphins and New England Patriots at Hard Rock Stadium told the Miami linebacker to "stay off" quarterback Tom Brady after a legal hit."

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 07:52 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Not trying to hi-jack the thread, but you are completely wrong.

Name one other QB that this crap happens for... 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ftw/2019/09/18/tom-brady-raekwon-mcmillan-referee-stay-off-tom-patriots-dolphins/40168903/

"the referee in Sunday's Week 2 matchup between the Dolphins and New England Patriots at Hard Rock Stadium told the Miami linebacker to "stay off" quarterback Tom Brady after a legal hit."

This doesn’t prove that I’m wrong. What exactly did Brady do, here? Like I said, any complaining he does is to take advantage of the rules. The league has went very heavy on protecting their QBs, and QBs are incentivized to act out in order to get flags thrown. It’s the same thing in basketball and soccer. I just posted a video of Brady getting decapitated and he shook it off without an issue. That was in 2001. Brady DID play in a hard hitting league, and he still ripped off Super Bowl wins. He would do the same thing in the 80’s and 90’s.

Brady is a tough QB and the fact that you’re arguing he wouldn’t last in the league a few years prior to his career start is just stupid. He has been in the league for nearly 20 years at this point, and he is pretty easily the GOAT.
Reply/Quote
Going to be good times on here if Andy has himself a game today for the Cowboys.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 08:04 PM)samhain Wrote: Going to be good times on here if Andy has himself a game today for the Cowboys.

They’re playing the Giants. Lol

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 08:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They’re playing the Giants. Lol

That won't stop anyone from drawing conclusions, lol.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 08:07 PM)samhain Wrote: That won't stop anyone from drawing conclusions, lol.

True.

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 08:07 PM)samhain Wrote: That won't stop anyone from drawing conclusions, lol.

Wait, are you saying people over-react on this message board???

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 08:04 PM)samhain Wrote: Going to be good times on here if Andy has himself a game today for the Cowboys.

He already has a fumble

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Really?

I'd like Andy to throw for 500 yards and 5 TDs if he starts next week. I also would be happy as a clam if Burrow did the same. I can and do root for them both.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 08:17 PM)Joelist Wrote: Really?

I'd like Andy to throw for 500 yards and 5 TDs if he starts next week. I also would be happy as a clam if Burrow did the same. I can and do root for them both.

I agree 
Reply/Quote