Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe on 'blocking out the noise'

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 03:44 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:  

How did Joe read my mind amazing hahaha Joe Burrow 

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-The-Cohesive-Season-Done-or-Not-Done-Thread

Funny Guy...   Everyone here seems to be pretty level headed about the situation Joe
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 03:44 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:  

He has a valid point however I think what we are looking for is just a little bit of consistency. Mixon started to be running better the past couple of weeks and yet against the Browns he went down if they put a finger tip on him. We move the ball at will against the Falcons and yet against a lousy Browns defense couldn’t even muster 100 yards by halftime.

The offensive line seemed to start to click the past couple of games and then lay an egg againsthe Browns. It seems if there is just one premiere pass rusher on defense the Bengals will have absolutely no answer to account for him and the Browns game was another example. At least double down with a TE and chip with a RB or run some quick hits and screens to the TE right behind the rusher.

Our run defense will rebound I’m sure. The other things worry me and and now not to mention what the plans are without our #1CB? Who is going to try and fill that void? Certainly not Eli Apple. If this season is lost at least our young DBs will get a lot of experience now. The absolute lack of any trade discussion at all even to entertain options makes me wonder if the Bengals brass is questioning if the playoffs are attainable this year.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 03:55 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: He has a valid point however I think what we are looking for is just a little bit of consistency. Mixon started to be running better the past couple of weeks and yet against the Browns he went down if they put a finger tip on him. We move the ball at will against the Falcons and yet against a lousy Browns defense couldn’t even muster 100 yards by halftime.

The offensive line seemed to start to click the past couple of games and then lay an egg againsthe Browns. It seems if there is just one premiere pass rusher on defense the Bengals will have absolutely no answer to account for him and the Browns game was another example. At least double down with a TE and chip with a RB or run some quick hits and screens to the TE right behind the rusher.  

Our run defense will rebound I’m sure. The other things worry me and and now not to mention what the plans are without our #1CB? Who is going to try and fill that void? Certainly not Eli Apple. If this season is lost at least our young DBs will get a lot of experience now. The absolute lack of any trade discussion at all even to entertain options makes me wonder if the Bengals brass is questioning if the playoffs are attainable this year.

The fastest way the team has to completely alienate the fanbase again would be to write the season off as that to the fans screams "Same old Bengals". Then again so does not trading to fill gaping holes in a trade market filled with players in the same exact spots. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He’s right, fans and media get way too high after wins and too low after losses. Can’t have players being so moody or it would ruin the season after the 2nd loss.
Reply/Quote
Gotta win Sunday. They do that, and they're right back where they were at this point last year if I'm not mistaken.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 03:55 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: He has a valid point however I think what we are looking for is just a little bit of consistency. Mixon started to be running better the past couple of weeks and yet against the Browns he went down if they put a finger tip on him. We move the ball at will against the Falcons and yet against a lousy Browns defense couldn’t even muster 100 yards by halftime.

They did kick the tires on some WRs prior to the deadline, but must not have liked what they saw....or the price wasn't right.

I would have definitely liked them to have taken a shot at some DBs though 

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 04:13 PM)Wyche Wrote: Gotta win Sunday. They do that, and they're right back where they were at this point last year if I'm not mistaken.

Yeah...last year they went in to the bye 5-4, losing to Mike White and getting blown out by the Browns. 
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 04:15 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yeah...last year they went in to the bye 5-4, losing to Mike White and getting blown out by the Browns. 

The Browns game last year, and this year looked awfully similar. We had a pick six in the end zone last year, and pick deep in the red zone this year to kick things off on offense. No bueno.

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 04:06 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: He’s right, fans and media get way too high after wins and too low after losses. Can’t have players being so moody or it would ruin the season after the 2nd loss.

It’s the way they lose that’s maddening.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 04:27 PM)TKUHL Wrote: It’s the way they lose that’s maddening.

What’s the opposite for when they win? Exciting?

Every loss is maddening. I’d say the browns game was the least maddening loss of all, because you can’t point to just one play. In every other loss, you can look at one play away.

Call me silly but I’d rather get my hind tail kicked than lose a nail
Biter.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 04:15 PM)Wyche Wrote: They did kick the tires on some WRs prior to the deadline, but must not have liked what they saw....or the price wasn't right.

I would have definitely liked them to have taken a shot at some DBs though 

Considering the receivers that got traded and for low prices (Calvin Ridley for one) and the DBs who likewise were being traded for low prices the Bengals could have easily plugged one or the other gaping hole. Instead they just sat there. 
Reply/Quote
Be like Joe!!! Not like those losers who give up at the first sign of adversity. You get nowhere in life doing that.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 05:04 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Be like Joe!!! Not like those losers who give up at the first sign of adversity. You get nowhere in life doing that.

I agree with Joe's mindset...as that's how the players should be approaching it. However, that doesn't mean there's no honest and accurate criticisms to be had by those outside the organization. It's the overreactions that get a little ridiculous, whether good like after last week's game, or bad like after this one. 
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 04:56 PM)Joelist Wrote: Considering the receivers that got traded and for low prices (Calvin Ridley for one) and the DBs who likewise were being traded for low prices the Bengals could have easily plugged one or the other gaping hole. Instead they just sat there. 

Please tell me you didn't just use Calvin freaking Ridley as an example. You think we should have gone in on a guy who's indefinitely suspended from football and at least 100% of the 2022 season? 

I agree it's frustrating we did nothing at the trade deadline but c"mon man.
Reply/Quote
agree with Joe 100 % and that is the mindset he should be leading by example with.

He might have added that part of that mentality was brought on by the teams play and a 0-3 start in the division. But added they're not throwing in the towel and neither should the fans.

Really like that Joe is the Bengals leader.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 06:58 PM)Go Cards Wrote: agree with Joe 100 % and that is the mindset he should be leading by example with.

He might have added that part of that mentality was brought on by the teams play and a 0-3 start in the division.  But added they're throwing in the towel and neither should the fans.

Really like that Joe is the Bengals leader.

strong attribute of Joe and I also like ZT approach.. calm, believes in his players and system,, though i am frustrated with Pollack and Oline and would like to see some change during the bye, i understand letting go of Pollack probably is a bit strong during the bye, let the year play itself out..
Reply/Quote
Burrow gets this spot on.... a number of QBs would say the exact same stuff, but the difference is I believe Joe actually is just speaking his mind and does buy into this.

I think if he was watching the team from a distance he would at least have some concerns. But, the mindset indicated by the OP video is what you want from your QB. A guy who believes in the guys around him and who knows we're really not that bad a team, just need to go out and prove it.

QB's are meant to be leaders anyway, but the guy's mindset is very mature... we forget he's in Year 3. I don't think he's the #1 QB in the league, but I honestly wouldn't swap him for any of the other starters. He's 100% got the right mentality to get a historically bad team some success.
Reply/Quote
Our opposing QBs this year so far:

Trubisky, Rush, Flacco, Dalton, Brissett, Jackson, Marietta, and Bridgewater. That's 7 backups/busts.

This was an epically easy schedule so far.
Reply/Quote
At least something will be blocked.

[Image: DefinitiveSpitefulAnaconda-small.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote