Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe
I noticed in both Andy and AJs postgame pressers they referred to LaFell as "Joe". Does anyone know the meaning behind this nickname?

While I'm on the topic of Joe, I didn't see him dropping any of the passes that went his way yesterday. He had great hands... imagine that! I was skeptical of LaFell but he looked great yesterday as a compliment to AJ. Marvin Lewis seemed excited too. He praised the versatility of Joe, going deep, going across the field. He is somewhat like Sanu and Marvin Jones morphed into one dude.
Reply/Quote
LaFell had a really good game and not many people even talked about it. Caught every pass thrown his way and made some very big plays. Was honestly a little surprised how well he did. I kinda liked him, but now I feel a lot more confident with him taking over for Marvin Jones.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
I believe I heard them say in the post game that Green/LaFell were targeted 17 times combined and caught 16 of them..... I was impressed by LaFell.
Reply/Quote
His full name is Brandon JOSIAH LaFell. I guess they're just giving him shit about it.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 04:28 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I believe I heard them say in the post game that Green/LaFell were targeted 17 times combined and caught 16 of them..... I was impressed by LaFell.

And the one "miss" was the one that AJ almost picked out of the grass. Andy threw 2 low balls yesterday for misses. One to AJ and the other to CJ. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 05:23 PM)Shady Wrote: His full name is Brandon JOSIAH LaFell. I guess they're just giving him shit about it.

I know a few people named Josiah, they all go by Joe.

As far as yesterday, he was probably excited to catch balls with air in them.

Mellow
Reply/Quote
I think in his college days at LSU, and maybe even early on in the NFL, he went by the nickname 'Jojo', which I would have to imagine is in reference to his middle name
Reply/Quote
Also, count me in among the crowd that was EXTREMELY pleased with his play yesterday.  Based on next to nothing in the preseason, it seemed like a bit of a crapshoot to me what kind of receiver he even is.  not that a single game tells the tale, but I am much more comfortable with our receiver stable moving forward.  And once Eifert gets back, that stable of receiving options just gets better! 
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 05:25 PM)Benton Wrote: I know a few people named Josiah, they all go by Joe.

Mellow

Dunno how I read over that one, that's frickin funny right there!!  Very nice!! ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 05:24 PM)Shady Wrote:  Andy threw 2 low balls yesterday for misses. One to AJ and the other to CJ. 

CJ should have caught the one thrown to him.

AJ did an amazing job to even make it look like he caught the one to him.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 05:23 PM)Shady Wrote: His full name is Brandon JOSIAH LaFell. I guess they're just giving him shit about it.

Thanks Shady, you need to show me how to use that google thing! Ninja

(I probably coulda found this out on my own, but thought Joe deserved his own thread anyways.)
Reply/Quote
It's a nickname. 

"BRANDON 'JOJO' LAFELL Cincinnati Bengals WR"

https://twitter.com/Blafell1
Reply/Quote
His Twitter account is Jody Brewze and it says Brandon JoJo Lafell so I think he likes being called Jo

Attached Files Image(s)

Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
I wasn't worried about LaFell. He doesn't drop the ball that much. It's just way overplayed by the media that he does. He had one game where he dropped a lot of passes last year for NE, and that was his first game back from an injury. The rest of his career he's got a solid catch %. I was telling people that he has just as much production as Jones.
Reply/Quote
Lafell looked solid.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 06:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: CJ should have caught the one thrown to him.

I thought there were 2 throws to him Fred, that Eifert would have probably caught, the second was in the end zone, I believe.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 06:19 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Thanks Shady, you need to show me how to use that google thing! Ninja

(I probably coulda found this out on my own, but thought Joe deserved his own thread anyways.)

Anything to avoid real work. LOL
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 10:09 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I thought there were 2 throws to him Fred, that Eifert would have probably caught, the second was in the end zone, I believe.

Maybe...if you remember, Eifert had one game where he couldn't catch a cold. Dalton kept hitting him in the hands. Everyone has off days. If that's an off day for CJ I can't wait to see him when he's on.... and I really can't wait to see them on the field together..
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 05:25 PM)Benton Wrote: I know a few people named Josiah, they all go by Joe.

Mellow

I know a few people named Brandon and they all go by Brandy. I guess this particular BJ could have gone either way.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote