Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Joel Klatt on Burrow: 'He's Joe Montana'
A really interesting watch here with Joel Klatt on Cowherd's show. Klatt discusses Burrow vs Lawrence, why Joe's a very good fit in Zac's offense and yeah...he compares him to Joe Montana.

(starts about 5:50 in)

Reply/Quote
Well his first name gets him half way there if nothin' else...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I had to stop watching, early on I might add, when Cowherd knocked Ohio State for scheduling Cincinnati.

His quote, paraphrased: "You know why Ohio State fans, that Clemson got seeded higher than you? Because they got on the phone and scheduled Texas. You scheduled Cincinnati. "

Well, guess what?

2019 Final Rankings

Cincinnati - 21 AP, 21 Coaches
Texas - 25 AP, NR Coaches

This m'fer spews more bs and misinformation than anyone. He consistantly just spits out verbal diarhea based only on his perception. I can't stand this guy. Rant

PS UC was ranked last season as well and returned almost everyone. It's not like this season was unexpected or they were Little Sisters of the Poor going into that game. Not to mention that game has been part of a much bigger picture scheduling wise. It's been in the works for years, pushed back, rescheduled and has ties to the home and home agreement just played in basketball. It wasn't a one-off and UC is HUGE step-up from what some of these other big schools schedule.
Reply/Quote
If Burrow can be anywhere near as special as many think he can/will be, then the Bengals have just hit the lottery jackpot.

Hopefully, Mike and the front office will realize this and give the kid, and this team, the things they need to be successful. I also really hope Zac asserts himself this offseason and demands a better free agency approach and is aggressive in retooling the roster. 

With a good draft, some decent free agent pickups and the right roster moves...the Bengals could start turning the corner pretty quickly. Of course, there's a lot of if's and but's involved...but they really do have a great opportunity right in front of them this offseason. If they can take advantage of it, things could get very interesting this coming season.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 06:47 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I had to stop watching, early on I might add, when Cowherd knocked Ohio State for scheduling Cincinnati.

His quote, paraphrased: "You know why Ohio State fans, that Clemson got seeded higher than you? Because they got on the phone and scheduled Texas. You scheduled Cincinnati. "

Well, guess what?

2019 Final Rankings

This m'fer spews more bs and misinformation than anyone. He consistantly just spits out verbal diarhea based only on his perception. I can't stand this guy.  Rant

PS UC was ranked last season as well and returned almost everyone. It's not like this season was unexpected or they were Little Sisters of the Poor going into that game. Not to mention that game has been part of a much bigger picture scheduling wise. It's been in the works for years, pushed back, rescheduled and has ties to the home and home agreement just played in basketball. It wasn't a one-off and UC is HUGE step-up from what some of these other big schools schedule.

Yeah, Cowherd is a joke, but I've always respected and followed Klatt...so I put up with him to hear what Joel had to say.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 06:55 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yeah, Cowherd is a joke, but I've always respected and followed Klatt...so I put up with him to hear what Joel had to say.

so klatt compares a guy with Zero nfl snaps with one of the best of all time?  or just comparing their college game?
Reply/Quote
Man I wish we could kill the Hype on him a little bit. This seems a lot like the Browns from last off-season.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 07:17 PM)J24 Wrote: Man I wish we could kill the Hype on him a little bit. This seems a lot like the Browns from last off-season.

After a 2 win season that earned us the #1 pick...hype and hope are all we have. LOL
Reply/Quote
Burrow should be swell but the last next Joe Montana was Rick Mirer.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 06:55 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yeah, Cowherd is a joke, but I've always respected and followed Klatt...so I put up with him to hear what Joel had to say.

Yes, everyone knows that Cowherd hates the Bengals.  It was nice to see him struggling for words in an attempt to refute what Klatt was saying about Joe Burrow.

Anyway, Klatt saying that the "old guys" all say that Joe Burrow is comparable to Joe Montana is the stuff of legends.  Let's just hope that Katie steps up to ensure that Joe Burrow is able to realize that legendary career here, with the Bengals.  And by that, I mean do the deals to get the players that Joe needs;  Protection, Weapons, an above average defense.  They may need to frontload Joe with protection and weapons in his developmental years, then as he matures he will be able to simply elevate those around him, ala Tom Brady.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
If anything we need to start comparing him to Greg Cook- the blonde-haired football god from southern Ohio whose destiny is to take the Bengals to the promised land. Hopefully this version has a happier ending
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 07:29 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: After a 2 win season that earned us the #1 pick...hype and hope are all we have. LOL

Not so!
We have Cheese Coney's!
Reply/Quote
Sooooooo, I'm stoked already. I hope this doesn't end up like buying a new Mercedes and driving it into wall. It's so hard to believe something great could happen, and sustain in Bengal-land.

Reply/Quote
most QB busts had red flags coming in. Jemarcus Russell Accuracy work ethic. Vince Young accuracy work ethic. Baker height big 12 QB. Kyler Height and frame. Blaine Gabbert decision making. Bortles mediocre. Only thing on Burrow 1 year wonder.

Im not calling Kyler a bust but Baker is trending there
Reply/Quote
I like Joel Klatt now, damn did he nail it. "Have to adjust, if the swiss ain't cutting it I gotta switch to bree." LMAO!!! Hilarious

Great interview and I cannot stand Cowturd. Thanks Holic.

Honestly I have been comparing Burrow to Brady and Manning cause of the smarts, but he has the wheels and the cool of Joe Cool.
Reply/Quote
With our luck we get Burrow, before the season starts, allegations of fixing mar the NFL, it folds and the XFL replaces the NFL and we miss the glory of Burrow. Game over.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 06:47 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I had to stop watching, early on I might add, when Cowherd knocked Ohio State for scheduling Cincinnati.

Well, guess what?

2019 Final Rankings

This m'fer spews more bs and misinformation than anyone. He consistantly just spits out verbal diarhea based only on his perception. I can't stand this guy.  Rant

Ohio State was seeded higher than Clemson, though.  And Clemson didn't play Texas.  LSU did.

Rankings aside, Texas was 2-3 against Top 25 teams, while UC was 1-3.  Texas also played 2 of the CFP teams, while UC played 1.  Texas blew out #11 Utah in the Alamo Bowl, 38-10.  Texas is in a Power 5 conference, while UC is not. LSU also traveled to Texas, while OSU played UC at home.  

When you schedule in state opponents from non Power 5 conference, the national media is going to scoff at it because you have such a big recruiting advantage in state due to being in a Power 5 conference and there being a shot at a national title.

At the end of the day, the best team won.  You can't say a team didn't deserve to be #1 when they win it all in convincing fashion.
Reply/Quote
Klatt really nailed it as well schematically, Zac runs a west coast system, always has or has been in one.

Great fit and might actually make Zac's scheme work unlike last season. This to go along with how the team improved as
the year went on and finally got a grip makes me think we could of fell into a great position. Taylor with Burrow at the helm
might improve significantly. The play calling has to improve though, big time. A lot of head scratching calls last year caused
us losses.
Reply/Quote
Best part was when Klatt called out Cowherd for his weird marriage analogies lol

Klatt took him to school in that segment. Very Burrow-esque!

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 10:32 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Best part was when Klatt called out Cowherd for his weird marriage analogies lol

Klatt took him to school in that segment. Very Burrow-esque!

Yes sir, made Cowturd look like the Idgit he is.

Klatt knew his stuff big time and he used to like Lawrence better at one time, so no bias by him.

I liked Lawrence better than Burrow for sure last year too. You cannot argue with what we saw this last season though.

Unarguably the best season by any QB in college of all time. Burrow it up and send in the card now.
Reply/Quote