82 rating

Game 2
215 yards
1 TD
0 INT
59% completion percentage
5.12 yards per attempt
81 rating

You could argue that these are the two worst games of his season. In my opinion, this isn't being talked about enough. The Ravens have made Joe look pretty pedestrian both times they have played this year.

I am never one to count Joey B out, but I really think this game is going to beautiful mess. 17-10 or something along those lines. Our defense will really have to play well this game because I think points are going to be hard to come by.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2023, 01:17 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Game 1
217 yards
1 TD
1 INT
68% completion percentage
6.2 yards per attempt
82 rating

Game 2
215 yards
1 TD
0 INT
5.12 yards per attempt
81 rating

You could argue that these are the two worst games of his season. In my opinion, this isn't being talked about enough. The Ravens have made Joe look pretty pedestrian both times they have played this year.

I am never one to count Joey B out, but I really think this game is going to beautiful mess. 17-10 or something along those lines. Our defense will really have to play well this game because I think points are going to be hard to come by.

It was the defense that really took us to the SB last year with our offense was just ok in the playoffs... That is great thing about this team, we don;t have to rely on Burrow , with the defense and weapons on offense , Joe doe not have to be great.. just good enough and we can still win
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
And then, there was this....

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/inside-joe-burrows-legendary-525-yard-performance-vs-ravens-bengals-qb-has-fourth-most-yards-in-nfl-history/

Point being, you can take any snapshot from any game(s) and portray the matchup any way you want.

Personally? I trust this team with Burrow at QB against ANY team in the league. This one has all the pundits siding with the Bengals. What they say doesn't really matter to me. But, there's a reason they're picking the Bengals.

And, I don't care if Lamar is playing or not. I'll still take our guys. Besides, Harbaugh is a sphincter.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2023, 01:36 PM)Graphicguy Wrote: And then, there was this....

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/inside-joe-burrows-legendary-525-yard-performance-vs-ravens-bengals-qb-has-fourth-most-yards-in-nfl-history/

Point being, you can take any snapshot from any game(s) and portray the matchup any way you want.

Personally?  I trust this team with Burrow at QB against ANY team in the league.  This one has all the pundits siding with the Bengals.  What they say doesn't really matter to me.  But, there's a reason they're picking the Bengals.

And, I don't care if Lamar is playing or not. I'll still take our guys.  Besides, Harbaugh is a sphincter.

That was over a year ago at this point. We should be looking at the most recent samples when evaluating how a player matches up with certain teams. A lot has changed since then. 
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2023, 01:38 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: That was over a year ago at this point. We should be looking at the most recent samples when evaluating how a player matches up with certain teams. A lot has changed since then. 

Yeah, but Burrow had a really off game last week, which didn't appear to have anything to do with the defense and more just his rhythm was off.  Drops and missed targets.  The offense left points on the field.  I don't know that I see this game as a blowout, just because of how close divisional games get, and knowing how they're D played last week I expect it to be scrappy.  But I expect the Bengals offense to take care of business when they need to. 
Reply/Quote
*Shrug* They have a great defense and they have a bunch of guys back that were out with injury last season.

Burrow doesn't need to be great in order to beat the Ravens. He just needs to be better than Huntley/Brown and not turn the ball over.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I have full confidence in Burrow he's been my favorite QB since Boomer.

But I am dumbfounded by the one 4th and 1 call where he threw it in the dirt... what the hell was that play? The one where the lineman got pulled in to the ravens bench...
Does anybody actually know what the hell happened on that play? lol.

Would love for him to have a huge game vs BALTIMORE again. 500 yarder. Or save it for the Bills!
Just get the W!

actually, i just re-watched it : https://twitter.com/gameonjmoney/status/1613516639194025984?s=20
77 completely blocked the wrong guy. so, that was awful.
Reply/Quote
Burrow was just off last week. He wasn't under a whole lot of pressure he just missed some throws - he makes the three most prominent and add 2 TDs and about 140 yards to his numbers.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2023, 02:26 PM)Joelist Wrote: Burrow was just off last week. He wasn't under a whole lot of pressure he just missed some throws - he makes the three most prominent and add 2 TDs and about 140 yards to his numbers.

let's hope he's not off again this sunday
Reply/Quote
Make no mistake, the Ravens defense is elite once they added R. Smith at LB.

I do hope Tee is ready and 100%, he struggled last week and did not play in the first game played against the Ravens.

I do believe Irwin has stepped up and we may need him to step up again if Tee is hurt.

Hurst had a great game first time we played, not so great second game (Smith).

I read something about the Ravens coverage schemes, they had 3 DB's on chase side and 2 DB's on Higgins side. It sounded as if the place to attack was down the middle of the field. We may see more of Chase in the slot if Tee is healthy.

The key in my opinion will be turnovers, we can't afford to lose the turnover battle. I have faith in Joe to hit a few throws he missed last week. I have faith in Chase and Tee to not drop balls this week as well.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2023, 02:48 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Make no mistake, the Ravens defense is elite once they added R. Smith at LB.

I do hope Tee is ready and 100%, he struggled last week and did not play in the first game played against the Ravens.

I do believe Irwin has stepped up and we may need him to step up again if Tee is hurt.

Hurst had a great game first time we played, not so great second game (Smith).

I read something about the Ravens coverage schemes, they had 3 DB's on chase side and 2 DB's on Higgins side. It sounded as if the place to attack was down the middle of the field. We may see more of Chase in the slot if Tee is healthy.

The key in my opinion will be turnovers, we can't afford to lose the turnover battle. I have faith in Joe to hit  a few throws he missed last week. I have faith in Chase and Tee to not drop balls this week as well.

Let's see if the refs this game are alerted to watch Smith as last game he was headhunting and should have gotten ejected via the two Personal Fouls route. 
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2023, 05:10 PM)Jaydee414 Wrote: Oh, please.

Was one of those alleged PF’s when Roquon bumped Jamar and Jamar took a dive worthy of the World Cup?

He stayed on his feet, didn't dive.

That's what a man with balls does.

JN not for non-Bengal fans.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

Was one of those alleged PF’s when Roquon bumped Jamar and Jamar took a dive worthy of the World Cup?

jamar didnt flop, he just took it
Reply/Quote
It's okay to acknowledge that Joe has had some trouble in the two Ravens games. I do believe though that there's a little separation in the struggles, at least by my eye test and memory. The first game was a general offensive flub that could be attributed as much to scheme as to execution. Nobody was getting open consistently, and even the biggest throw of the game (3rd down conversion back-shoulder to Chase in the red zone) was pulling teeth to achieve with very little separation. The offense really began to take shape the following week in New Orleans.

Last week, I don't think there were the same schematic issues, at least not in the first half before the whole game became a bowl of vanilla ice cream. Receivers were wide open in some cases, and Joe just had an off game. He missed throws that he normally doesn't miss, and I think it's fair to expect he won't miss them this Sunday if he gets similar looks.

Long story short, I think the first Ravens game was bad scheme, bad execution. The second Ravens game was good scheme, bad execution. Close that last hole and we're golden.
Reply/Quote
I feel confident in Joe to show up in this game big time, but we our offensive line definitely needs to step up and protect him.

The Ravens strength is their d-line, so we need to at least try to establish the run a bit just to keep them in check, but Burrow shows up in big games, so I feel confident that he'll feast on the Ravens D.
Reply/Quote

We have to deal with this crap again in the playoffs? Opposing teams invading our boards? Greaaaaat. 
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2023, 05:21 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: It's okay to acknowledge that Joe has had some trouble in the two Ravens games. I do believe though that there's a little separation in the struggles, at least by my eye test and memory. The first game was a general offensive flub that could be attributed as much to scheme as to execution. Nobody was getting open consistently, and even the biggest throw of the game (3rd down conversion back-shoulder to Chase in the red zone) was pulling teeth to achieve with very little separation. The offense really began to take shape the following week in New Orleans.

Last week, I don't think there were the same schematic issues, at least not in the first half before the whole game became a bowl of vanilla ice cream. Receivers were wide open in some cases, and Joe just had an off game. He missed throws that he normally doesn't miss, and I think it's fair to expect he won't miss them this Sunday if he gets similar looks.

Long story short, I think the first Ravens game was bad scheme, bad execution. The second Ravens game was good scheme, bad execution. Close that last hole and we're golden.

A lot of this is true. I will say, there were a number of plays that the Bengals didn't execute on offense last week. Especially a lot of missed blocks. 
Reply/Quote
Sounds like he's over due to pop off.
Reply/Quote
Bengals ran plays out of the pistol... that should tell you a lot about the offense they were running on Sunday.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2023, 01:17 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Game 1
217 yards
1 TD
1 INT
68% completion percentage
6.2 yards per attempt
82 rating

Game 2
215 yards
1 TD
0 INT
5.12 yards per attempt
81 rating

Nice thread. I don't see the Ravens holding Joey B to those pedestrian numbers Sunday night IMHO.

I actually love that he hasn't played well against them yet this season. I know how Burrow plays when he is doubted. He will look at
both of those games and fix it. Overdue for a breakout game against our rivals and that is fully what I expect Sunday night.
Reply/Quote