Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
JoeyB -Fortunately, not a lot to do in Cincinnati...
(12-22-2021, 03:30 PM)pally Wrote: there is not a lot to do in Cincinnati so the players aren't going out to clubs and bars catching COVID.  Well, I guess that is one way to keep players safe...

I'm sure bar and restaurant owners won't care for that comment, but I know it was made in jest.  I do believe the team knows that this can be used to their advantage by staying out of high risk areas. 

Not to derail the thread, but I can't help but feel that some of the Bama or Georgia players might not be smart enough to avoid such things.  Zero academic standards tends to fill a roster with talented idiots.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2021, 06:43 PM)basballguy Wrote: The espn article seemed to support burrow on this by saying something like “this is a fact that hasn’t been lost on the locals”.  

I’m sure his comments can be reflective of other cities too…I can’t imagine Pittsburgh having a booming night life…

It did until the 11th overall pick of the 2004 draft. Since then it's been...

via GIPHY

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2021, 10:24 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Tom Brady survives on kale and avocado ice cream…

I’m fine with my QB having better eating habits than me. LOL

It's fine to sample the local cuisine in moderation.  The key is to keep your dignity.

[Image: cc22f2cfd7c8e8e0ef078e260f2b5199.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2021, 04:47 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: In how many other cities in America can you walk into numerous locations and instantly be involved in a three-way for under $10?  Exactly.

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

LMAO
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2021, 11:08 PM)Tony Wrote: Try living in PA.. You either Drink, Hunt or fish and I hate all 3..

Holy hell, you live in the wrong state.
I like to do all 3, although with getting older, I don't like to hunt as much as I used to.  :)
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2021, 10:52 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: It did until the 11th overall pick of the 2004 draft. Since then it's been...

via GIPHY

Well played.

Reply/Quote
Btw Joe’s long term gf is from Cincy, so I guarantee you this was at least partially in jest (as if the smirk didn’t give it away enough).

Reply/Quote
It is kind of funny that national media and the reader's comments are playing this like Joe dissed Cincinnati and Cincinnatians are saying that he is pretty much right

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2021, 10:46 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I would hope he stop trashing Cincy, so Cleve has alot to do ?? #$$& Cleveland..

Never forget! Here's link if it doesnt work: https://youtu.be/oZzgAjjuqZM

Reply/Quote
Leave it to Chad to give Joe some hints on Cincinnati nightlife

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2021, 02:50 AM)pdub2005 Wrote: Baton Rouge ain't all bad, but its definitely not what I would consider an exciting city. 90 minutes from NOLA, so there is some damn good partying to be had. Tigerland (LSU bar district) is pretty fun. 

0 miles from New Orleans is all that state has to offer as far as I'm concerned. Ragtime, dixieland, jazz, the blues, and amazing French architecture surrounded by swamp and swamp runners... I'm sure I'm being harsh. I spent some time in delta country of Mississippi after Katrina. Really soured me on those coupla states.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2021, 12:23 PM)pally Wrote: Leave it to Chad to give Joe some hints on Cincinnati nightlife

Oh, that's great LOL  Chad always has his fingers on the pulse of Cincinnati.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2021, 12:23 PM)pally Wrote: Leave it to Chad to give Joe some hints on Cincinnati nightlife

Chad talks about O'Charley's rolls often. It cracks me up because he speaks about it like it's five-star dining.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2021, 12:51 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Chad talks about O'Charley's rolls often. It cracks me up because he speaks about it like it's five-star dining.

lol...Jeff Ruby responded to that tweet with a "Chad I thought we were tight, why did you dis me?"

Reply/Quote

lol. O'Charleys replied to his tweet. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2021, 12:43 PM)jason Wrote: 0 miles from New Orleans is all that state has to offer as far as I'm concerned. Ragtime, dixieland, jazz, the blues, and amazing French architecture surrounded by swamp and swamp runners... I'm sure I'm being harsh. I spent some time in delta country of Mississippi after Katrina. Really soured me on those coupla states.

You are probably being a lil harsh lol. I get it tho. The people in Baton Rouge were always super friendly, but its not exactly a city (or Louisana in general) I would be itching to move to. My one experience in NOLA when I was deployed for work to Baton Rouge was going to Mardi Gras. I had fun, but I think one Mardi Gras in a lifetime is enough lol.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2021, 12:47 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Oh, that's great LOL  Chad always has his fingers on the pulse of Cincinnati.  

And we all know that he REALLY LOVED that McDonalds in Covington. I will say to my dying day that the reason he always had to get IV's during games was because of his pre-game McDonalds visit lol. Is there any more entertaining Bengal in history than Chad? 
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2021, 12:56 PM)pally Wrote: lol...Jeff Ruby responded to that tweet with a "Chad I thought we were tight, why did you dis me?"

That's hilarious. I don't think Chad realizes it's like going to an Applebees or any similar chain.

I do agree though, the rolls are so good.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2021, 01:03 PM)pdub2005 Wrote: And we all know that he REALLY LOVED that McDonalds in Covington. I will say to my dying day that the reason he always had to get IV's during games was because of his pre-game McDonalds visit lol. Is there any more entertaining Bengal in history than Chad? 

Nope, and he's my fav Bengals ever for many reasons including the entertainment value.

Obviously the dude had elite talent and he made it fun to be a Bengals fan again after the bad 90s decade. Post-NFL career Chad is awesome.  He is a Bengals ambassador and promoter.
Reply/Quote
Why is Burrow getting killed in social media, and the media in general? Who cares? The kids from Ohio, he can say what he wants..
Reply/Quote