Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Ross Fans Rejoice
(04-17-2017, 01:07 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Regardless just the phrase gives pause with #9 pick... besides if these draft had more elite WRs, we be talking about him as a 2nd round pick for sure... now add in the injury history.. I say #9 is too high to pick.   I see the top 3 Wrs like the top 3/5 QBs.. both are higher in draft because of lack of elites... not because of their elite ability... 

With the production and best speed ever recorded. I think he would still be in the conversation. 
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2017, 02:43 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: The problem is there doesn't seem to be any OL rated top 10 right now so maybe round 2 or if we end up trading back

Plus we have that really fast dude from last year on the PS  (had trouble with press coverage)

I won't be shocked if Cam Robinson goes top 10. Plenty of teams ahead of us need OT. We certainly could use OL help. 
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2017, 08:18 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: With the production and best speed ever recorded. I think he would still be in the conversation. 

If he was that good in expectation, he would be talked about higher and he is not. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2017, 08:21 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: If he was that good in expectation, he would be talked about higher and he is not. 

Only because of his height. If he was a couple inches taller they would be calling him a top 3 pick.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2017, 08:28 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Only because of his height. If he was a couple inches taller they would be calling him a top 3 pick.

well we could say that about a variety of players for their speed, size etc.. bottom line he is not
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2017, 01:07 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Regardless just the phrase gives pause with #9 pick... besides if these draft had more elite WRs, we be talking about him as a 2nd round pick for sure... now add in the injury history.. I say #9 is too high to pick.   I see the top 3 Wrs like the top 3/5 QBs.. both are higher in draft because of lack of elites... not because of their elite ability... 

Good analogy.  It is interesting that you say that because I think teams that drafted WRs in the first round over the past several years were hoping to get AJ Green and/or Julio Jones, but OBJ is the only real star I have seen of late.  There are solid WRs, but I haven't seen the game changers. 

That is a part of why I want Ross.  I see him as a game-changing play maker.  I want an offense that scares the shit out of other teams.  I want AJ in his prime to have awesome talent around him.  

I don't see the Bengals doing it, unless someone offers them the moon and they slide, but I still see it as the best way to help our offense.  

Reply/Quote
(04-18-2017, 08:29 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Good analogy.  It is interesting that you say that because I think teams that drafted WRs in the first round over the past several years were hoping to get AJ Green and/or Julio Jones, but OBJ is the only real star I have seen of late.  There are solid WRs, but I haven't seen the game changers. 

That is a part of why I want Ross.  I see him as a game-changing play maker.  I want an offense that scares the shit out of other teams.  I want AJ in his prime to have awesome talent around him.  

I don't see the Bengals doing it, unless someone offers them the moon and they slide, but I still see it as the best way to help our offense.  

im not down on Ross just don;t see taking him at 9, i see more pressing need with 9th pick.. and i like Goodwin from Penn State in 3rd round to take care of our speed isse
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2017, 09:17 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: well we could say that about a variety of players for their speed, size etc.. bottom line he is not

Thing is, he doesn't have to be.  17 TD's.  17 TD's.  17 TD's.  How come that is not the first stat by which he is judged?  Riddle me that.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-18-2017, 08:06 PM)McC Wrote: Thing is, he doesn't have to be.  17 TD's.  17 TD's.  17 TD's.  How come that is not the first stat by which he is judged?  Riddle me that.

ok i will play along.. I will take your 17 TDS and raise you 32 sacks with Barnett... my point is pretty simple... I don;t see Ross as a top 10 pick and especially a top flight WR coming into the NFL...also we can get speed WR in 2/3 round to fit the need we have at WR
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2017, 03:05 PM)ochocincos Wrote: [Image: CVfYHvCXAAAhUap.jpg]

lol I guess that was a little extreme of me. I would lose my mind with a OT/CB at 9.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2017, 09:44 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: ok i will play along.. I will take your 17 TDS and raise you 32 sacks with Barnett... my point is pretty simple... I don;t see Ross as a top 10 pick and especially a top flight WR coming into the NFL...also we can get speed WR in 2/3 round to fit the need we have at WR

Doubtful we can get a speed WR in 2/3.  This is a bad year for speed WR's.  Ross ran 4.22 at the combine and Curtis Samuel, so is really a RB/WR hybrid, ran 4.31.  The next fastest WR was Josh Malone at 4.40, and he's a mid-late round prospect.  If we're talking 2/3 guys the fastest are Samuel, Chris Godwin at 4.42, Amara Darboh and Zay Jones at 4.45, Carlos Henderson at 4.46, and Ardarius Stewart at 4.49.  In today's NFL, 4.45-5.00 is average for a WR.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2017, 09:44 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: ok i will play along.. I will take your 17 TDS and raise you 32 sacks with Barnett... my point is pretty simple... I don;t see Ross as a top 10 pick and especially a top flight WR coming into the NFL...also we can get speed WR in 2/3 round to fit the need we have at WR
You can't get this kind of a speed guy.  He is a very good WR who is fast as lightening.  You can't just call him a speed guy.  That is uniformed.

If we draft Barnett, I won't jump off any buildings but I will not jump for joy.  Comparable edge rushers in later rounds.  Barnett might end up good but I'll believe it when I see it.  Slow guys don't get to NFL QB's so much any more.  Who are the top rushers in the league?  Fast guys.

Get the electric guy and see the LOS get a whole lot less crowded.  It's Ross or Howard.  Period.  If both are gone, that's a different story.

Barnett just feels too much like settling.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-19-2017, 12:17 AM)McC Wrote: You can't get this kind of a speed guy.  He is a very good WR who is fast as lightening.  You can't just call him a speed guy.  That is uniformed.

If we draft Barnett, I won't jump off any buildings but I will not jump for joy.  Comparable edge rushers in later rounds.  Barnett might end up good but I'll believe it when I see it.  Slow guys don't get to NFL QB's so much any more.  Who are the top rushers in the league?  Fast guys.

Get the electric guy and see the LOS get a whole lot less crowded.  It's Ross or Howard.  Period.  If both are gone, that's a different story.

Barnett just feels too much like settling.
It is more than 40 times, it is not like you dont have anyone pressing you off the 40 sprint and to act like 4.4 is avg is wrong, we can get a wr to go deep in 2/3 round and excitement also comes from sacks, i take my edge rusher with 9 and be excited
Reply/Quote
John ross takes a bit to get up to that speed. Hes not super fast out of the gate. Hes Not gonna be blowing by people on slants. Case in point.

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote
(04-13-2017, 10:37 AM)Au165 Wrote: We are bringing him for a visit this weekend according to Rappaport. I am not a fan of him, but in the spirit of fairness I thought I'd bring it up. I had also mentioned to MCC they don't draft small WR's as Hobson reiterated again this week, but it appears they are at least considering it. I hope this is for a possible trade up back into the late 1st and not at 9.

Thanks for this, very exciting to me. I would love it if we traded back and got JR. This guy is that home run hitter that
would really open up the Offense we haven't had. I like Core a lot but it takes him a touch more to get up to that speed
and even then, it is not 4.22 speed. Not like this guy is only speed either, he is a good all around receiver who has good
hands and is smooth as silk.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2017, 12:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks for this, very exciting to me. I would love it if we traded back and got JR. This guy is that home run hitter that
would really open up the Offense we haven't had. I like Core a lot but it takes him a touch more to get up to that speed
and even then, it is not 4.22 speed. Not like this guy is only speed either, he is a good all around receiver who has good

I am okay taking him if we move back and get another 2/3 that we could use to address some other issues. Like the player, but injuries and my concerns on his release are things I don't like about drafting him at 9. We could potentially slide back to 14 if Lattimore or Conley are there and the Eagles covet them.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2017, 12:58 PM)Au165 Wrote: I am okay taking him if we move back and get another 2/3 that we could use to address some other issues. Like the player, but injuries and my concerns on his release are things I don't like about drafting him at 9. We could potentially slide back to 14 if Lattimore or Conley are there and the Eagles covet them.

Of course i am a JR homer but imagine if we could trade back, get him and another 2nd and trade AJM for the 33rd pick. Mellow

3 2nd rounders sure would be nice. :andy:
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2017, 12:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks for this, very exciting to me. I would love it if we traded back and got JR. This guy is that home run hitter that

40 time is a bit overrated.. for example Martavis Bryant is considered a deep threat WR.. well he ran a 4.42 in the combine.  Godwin from PA ran  the same time and is considered a deep threat WR.. so why not look at Godwin in 2/3 round and draft a DE with #9 pick. 
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2017, 01:03 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: 40 time is a bit overrated.. for example Martavis Bryant is considered a deep threat WR.. well he ran a 4.42 in the combine.  Godwin from PA ran  the same time and is considered a deep threat WR.. so why not look at Godwin in 2/3 round and draft a DE with #9 pick. 

I agree that the forty is usually overrated, always have said this, but not as much here.

This guy on the field is lightning. He just consistently runs by DB's.

Plus, there is a big difference between a 4.42 and 4.22. I usually don't put much stock in fortys unless they are super
slow or super fast. This was super fast and JR is not just speed as we all know. Dude is a good receiver.

I like Godwin, Curtis Samuel and Zay Jones a lot if we don't grab Ross.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2017, 01:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Of course i am a JR homer but imagine if we could trade back, get him and another 2nd and trade AJM for the 33rd pick. Mellow

3 2nd rounders sure would be nice. :andy:

See we can find some common ground. If we did that and acquired Willis, Mixon, and Eflein I would die a happy Bengals fan.
Reply/Quote