Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Ross Interview
http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/videos/Ross-I-definitely-plan-to-contribute/9535247f-175c-4a55-8bdc-46ff11f27f85

I study human body language and I swear I am damn near perfect when it comes to lie detecting (This is not a joke or an exaggeration) and when Ross was asked if he was on the same page as the coaches (right around the 1:35 mark), he looks down, closes his eyes (takes his eyes off Dan Hoard) and stammers his words a bit. There are at least four "tells" that he doesn't believe what he is saying.

The Bengals are now gag-ruling the kid like Carl Pickens of years ago. I simply don't understand why. I won't hear any crap about not knowing the play book, either. This kid dropped offense (after a stellar start) and played CB for his college team and then went back to WR later and was stellar again. He is a smart kid and is a wasted talent.

The Chiefs are no better than the Bengals is Tyreek Hill in on their bench.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I just dont understand what is going on with this kid. Its almost like the Bengals are brainwashing him into thinking hes not good enough or ready enough to play at this level.

Just let the kid play for Christ's sake. Hes gotta be better than anything we are currently throwing out there.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 09:33 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/videos/Ross-I-definitely-plan-to-contribute/9535247f-175c-4a55-8bdc-46ff11f27f85

I study human body language and I swear I am damn near perfect when it comes to lie detecting (This is not a joke or an exaggeration) and when Ross was asked if he was on the same page as the coaches (right around the 1:35 mark), he looks down, closes his eyes (takes his eyes off Dan Hoard) and stammers his words a bit.  There are at least four "tells" that he doesn't believe what he is saying.

The Bengals are now gag-ruling the kid like Carl Pickens of years ago.  I simply don't understand why.  I won't hear any crap about not knowing the play book, either.  This kid dropped offense (after a stellar start) and played CB for his college team and then went back to WR later and was stellar again.  He is a smart kid and is a wasted talent.  

On offense I'm not sure that anyone has been on the same page as the coaches this year.  

I think Ross may not have helped himself by getting too out of shape post the draft. 

I completely understand he had to miss time at the bengals with NCAA and was injured but the way he talks of running a play or two then being unable to go for another 2 series after that is ridiculous at this point of the season.

Whatever the background right now we need to get him on the field even for limited snaps...

In 2015 are primary receiving options were Green, Eifert, MJones, Sanu and Bernard
In 2017 are primary receiving options are Green, Kroft, Malone, LaFell, Core and Mixon

If Ross cannot contribute better than some of our 2017 receiving options as a #9 pick then we sure as hell need to know sooner rather than later.

Its not draft time or pre-season anymore...'potential' can't help us right now, we have to see something/anything so we know he's the guy.

Hope he plays on Sunday, hope he makes some big plays - we need him.
Reply/Quote
I don't understand the Bengals honestly. They seemed willing to make a big change just after two weeks into the season when the offense was stagnant by firing Zampese.
And now the offense is extremely stagnant again after six weeks of Lazor yet they won't let John Ross see the field. Even if John Ross isn't in complete football shape, I bet he can still run as fast or faster than Brandon LaFell or Tyler Boyd. Gotta use him in some capacity.

I swear these coaches view John Ross like Cordarrelle Patterson, just a raw WR who can only be used in simple sweeps and maybe a few go routes as a rookie. It wasn't until the Vikings' 11th game that Patterson started being used more, in which he put up 429 total offensive yards and 6 total TDs in just those last 6 games. The sad part is that at least from everything I've researched through the draft on John Ross, he's a much more complete receiver and not a raw prospect, so I hope he can be utilized at least down the stretch. If not, this coaching staff is intentionally being difficult because they know they'll be out the door.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 09:33 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/videos/Ross-I-definitely-plan-to-contribute/9535247f-175c-4a55-8bdc-46ff11f27f85

I study human body language and I swear I am damn near perfect when it comes to lie detecting (This is not a joke or an exaggeration) and when Ross was asked if he was on the same page as the coaches (right around the 1:35 mark), he looks down, closes his eyes (takes his eyes off Dan Hoard) and stammers his words a bit.  There are at least four "tells" that he doesn't believe what he is saying.

The Bengals are now gag-ruling the kid like Carl Pickens of years ago.  I simply don't understand why.  I won't hear any crap about not knowing the play book, either.  This kid dropped offense (after a stellar start) and played CB for his college team and then went back to WR later and was stellar again.  He is a smart kid and is a wasted talent.  

I've been through just about every interview and interrogation school there is, and was in LE for over 20yrs, and I didn't see any of that. What I saw was a kid that's embarrassed that he is out of shape and doesn't like talking about it. You have to believe one of two things here. To believe the coaches are holding him back for no reason, you have to believe Marvin has no interest in keeping his job here, and does not want to coach elsewhere and is giving a big FU to the fans as a going away present--or, you believe that this kid came out of college unprepared to do what it take physically to play in the NFL, whether that is because he is lazy or just did not realize what kind of shape you have to be in.
Personally, when he flat out tells you one play winds him to the point he has to sit out 3 or 4 plays afterwards..... that's all I need to know.
Reply/Quote
Considering none of our non-AJ Green receivers are getting open, maybe what we need is someone who doesn't know the playbook. Maybe then they'll get open. Whatever
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 11:50 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Considering none of our non-AJ Green receivers are getting open, maybe what we need is someone who doesn't know the playbook. Maybe then they'll get open. Whatever

Doesn't Ross have a bad knee, too?  Wouldn't surprise me if Marvin Lewis pulled a "Jeff Gilooly" on the kid just to make sure he never has a chance to get on the field and shine.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 12:02 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Doesn't Ross have a bad knee, too?  Wouldn't surprise me if Marvin Lewis pulled a "Jeff Gilooly" on the kid just to make sure he never has a chance to get on the field and shine.

Yeah, how dare Ross show everyone Merv's a good judge of player skill! :angry:

Wait ...  Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 11:46 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Personally, when he flat out tells you one play winds him to the point he has to sit out 3 or 4 plays afterwards..... that's all I need to know.

This.
 He clearly is not ready to be out on that field.  If he's seriously still that weak, he'll get killed out there.
To put him in for maybe 1 play a series serves no purpose. 

It may be an unpopular stance here, but if he truly is still that far from being game-ready, the coaches are right to sit on him until he is.

Anybody that suggests that Ross isn't being straightforward about his situation to cover for the coaches, I think it's just as likely be the other way around.  

Reply/Quote
They’re pulling a mccarron on Ross in hope of getting another year added to his deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Despite the conspiracy theories there is most likely a very good reason JR has not seen the field and I don't it's because the coaches just don't like him or don't want to play rookies. Joe Mixon has taken over the backfield.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 11:46 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I've been through just about every interview and interrogation school there is, and was in LE for over 20yrs, and I didn't see any of that. What I saw was a kid that's embarrassed that he is out of shape and doesn't like talking about it. You have to believe one of two things here. To believe the coaches are holding him back for no reason, you have to believe Marvin has no interest in keeping his job here, and does not want to coach elsewhere and is giving a big FU to the fans as a going away present--or, you believe that this kid came out of college unprepared to do what it take physically to play in the NFL, whether that is because he is lazy or just did not realize what kind of shape you have to be in.
Personally, when he flat out tells you one play winds him to the point he has to sit out 3 or 4 plays afterwards..... that's all I need to know.

Yeah when he talked about being able to run a 4.2 on one play then not the next that was a huge tale.

Sounds like he's out of shape...

Maybe because of all of the injuries. Maybe he doesn't have the work ethic yet. I don't know.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 02:37 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: They’re pulling a mccarron on Ross in hope of getting another year added to his deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wouldn't surprise me. This is kind of a lost season anyway. Why shave a year off Ross' contract for 7-8 games in a lost season?

Of course, this is a great way to endear yourself to a player, and it would also hurt our chances next year, as it essentially becomes a rookie season for Ross where we don't know what we have.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I study people who study body language. And I have deduced that you’re both wrong.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 02:53 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Wouldn't surprise me. This is kind of a lost season anyway. Why shave a year off Ross' contract for 7-8 games in a lost season?

Of course, this is a great way to endear yourself to a player, and it would also hurt our chances next year, as it essentially becomes a rookie season for Ross where we don't know what we have.

That's what they do in baseball.

So will William Jackson be here for 6 years on his rookie deal? He was eligible to return...so I'm thinking no.
Reply/Quote
Whatever approach they're taking, based on their track record, is undoubtedly the wrong one. Collection of morons thinking they're geniuses. Idiots, buffoons, clowns, chicken shits, worst collection of executives and coaches in this or any other league. Evey day I get closer to walking away from this fiasco and never coming back.

Every idea they have is stupid. Every choice they make is wrong. Every plan they have sucks. Mike, you senile old boob, take your freak show and get the hell outa my city and go hold another town hostage.

If I can't walk away, maybe you will.

Onward and upward to another 50 years of no titles.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 03:02 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I study people who study body language. And I have deduced that you’re both wrong.

I study people who study body language...and I have deduced that you're all 3 wrong.
Reply/Quote
The kid didn't show these kind of conditioning issues in college. Of course, I'm sure the Bengals want to use Ross strictly as a gimmick player so it probably does wear him out. If reverses and go routes are all they brought in him for, they definitely should've drafted someone else.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 09:28 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I study people who study body language...and I have deduced that you're all 3 wrong.

I didn't study anything, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night so I'm sure all of youn's  are wrong.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 11:46 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I've been through just about every interview and interrogation school there is, and was in LE for over 20yrs, and I didn't see any of that. What I saw was a kid that's embarrassed that he is out of shape and doesn't like talking about it. You have to believe one of two things here. To believe the coaches are holding him back for no reason, you have to believe Marvin has no interest in keeping his job here, and does not want to coach elsewhere and is giving a big FU to the fans as a going away present--or, you believe that this kid came out of college unprepared to do what it take physically to play in the NFL, whether that is because he is lazy or just did not realize what kind of shape you have to be in.

Degree in Psychology, studied 'tells' and stuff like that. Which isn't an honest, nor exact science. I agree with what you're saying. What I'm seeing is a lack of confidence, especially around media. I don't notice anything about what the OP is stating. Just seems like a lack of certainty in himself, and slightly embarrassed. You can tell the lack of confidence because his eyes wander (Dunlap, AJ, Dalton all look at the reporters when speaking, more confident with media, etc).

A slight reach by the OP.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote