Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Ross finally does something for us....
I read where if he keeps playing at the current rate of snaps for the rest of the season, our comp pick for him will be a 4th rounder. We find gold in the 4th round. Keep racking up those snaps Ross....
Reply/Quote
Ross to the IR in 3, 2, 1....

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I'd be stoked if he was able to return a 4th round comp to the Bengals, but he also did contribute some things while being a Bengal.
Tied for team lead in TD receptions in 2018 with 7.
Had over 500 yards in just 8 games in 2019 (more yards and same number of TDs as Eifert when Eifert played all 16 games).
I still stand by that John Ross was more of a contributor to the Bengals than Billy Price.
He's also a better receiving option than Mike Thomas.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
i think I read somewhere, prior to last week, that Chase had more yards this season than Ross had for a career.

edit: Ross has 136 more career yards. Five years.
Reply/Quote
Many people were still vouching for Ross in his 3rd year. Hopefully with Chase, they get a clarification what a 1st Round draft pick looks like.
Reply/Quote
Regardless, I am pulling for him to get into as many games as he can, so we can get that 4th round pick for his sorry *$$
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2021, 02:32 PM)Destro Wrote: i think I read somewhere, prior to last week, that Chase had more yards this season than Ross had for a career.

edit: Ross has 136 more career yards. Five years.

For the Bengals John Ross' career was 59 catches for 733 yards and 10 TDs over 4 years.

Chase, in 8 games, has 38 catches for 786 yards and 7 TDs.

This half-a-year versus 4 years, 8 times as long.

There's no legit way to read good things into Ross' numbers. He was a top 10 pick and his numbers should be compared with top 10 picks at his position.

Reply/Quote
A 4th would be cool, go Ross.
Reply/Quote
Rooting for success for past Bengals players have always been for guys we liked. I guess this works too. End result, we actually end up getting a guy we like.

Reply/Quote
I suppose we need the Giants WR room to keep having injuries so Ross keeps staying on the field.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2021, 07:15 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I suppose we need the Giants WR room to keep having injuries so Ross keeps staying on the field.

How weird is it to see a team with that many injuried WRs and John Ross isn't one of the injured guys... it's like he spread his glass-itis to the entire team.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2021, 01:46 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Ross to the IR in 3, 2, 1....

That was my first thought.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Would be ecstatic to get a 4th round pick for that bum.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I thought Comp picks were based on what you lost versus what you gained in FA.

Hell, we might owe some compensatory picks
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2021, 05:29 PM)BengalChris Wrote: For the Bengals John Ross' career was 59 catches for 733 yards and 10 TDs over 4 years.

Chase, in 8 games, has 38 catches for 786 yards and 7 TDs.

This half-a-year versus 4 years, 8 times as long.

There's no legit way to read good things into Ross' numbers. He was a top 10 pick and his numbers should be compared with top 10 picks at his position.

How dumb do all of the, "Chase is John Ross "people feel now??
Reply/Quote
Ngl, I was HUGE on drafting Ross, and that was a big reason I didn't want Chase.

It was one of the few times I wanted a WR in round 1, and it kinda spooked me.

It wasn't the entire reason I wanted Sewell instead, but it played a part.

Boy was I ever 0-2.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
This guy is a good source to keep track of it.

Reply/Quote
Comp picks are tough to understand how they are accrued outside of it just being FA going elsewhere
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2021, 07:22 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Comp picks are tough to understand how they are accrued outside of it just being FA going elsewhere
https://overthecap.com/the-basics-and-methodology-of-projecting-the-nfls-compensatory-draft-picks/

Quote: Cancel Out CFAs Lost With CFAs Gained For Each Team

Once each team’s list of CFAs lost and gained are determined and valued, one-to-one cancellations are applied.  Cancellations work as follows, as stated in App. V, §3(a):

A CFA gained by a team cancels out the highest-valued available CFA lost that has the same round valuation of the CFA gained.
If there is no available CFA lost in the same round as the CFA gained, the CFA gained will instead cancel out the highest-available CFA lost with a lower round value.
A CFA gained will only cancel out a CFA lost with a higher draft order if there are no other CFAs lost available to cancel out.
Any team that has more CFAs lost than CFAs gained will then be eligible for compensatory picks for the CFAs lost that were not cancelled out by CFAs gained.

For a visual representation of how cancellations work, please visit our Compensatory Draft Picks Cancellation Chart to gain a better understanding of this complex process.

IF Ross qualifies he'll be easily cancelled out by:
Hendrickson
ot
Ogunjobi
or
Awuzie
or
Hilton
or
ect....
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2021, 01:46 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Ross to the IR in 3, 2, 1....

Exactly.  Sled just said to the starting pitcher with a no-hitter through 8 innings "Hey man, you haven't given up a single hit"  Hilarious
Reply/Quote