Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Ross hurt again; Eifert sidelined
(09-22-2017, 12:39 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: 2 games into his career and we're calling it a wasted pick?  Smh.  In other news an asteroid is speeding towards earth, we are all doomed!

[Image: giphy.webp]

We just know how this game works , man.

I don't think anyone (group think) has been wrong when talking about busts or semi busts since i have been here. 

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2017, 12:50 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: [Image: giphy.webp]

I don't think anyone (group think) has been wrong when talking about busts or semi busts since i have been here. 

John Ross may be a bust.  He may go on to have a hall of fame career.  Nobody knows what it will be after two games.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Lets see how they do wthl a new OC. Give it time. Eifert is made of glass. Great player but not worth re-signing to another contract. To be Honest, the team has so many holes to fill and there is so much uncertainty even at QB. I think it makes fans uneasy.
But, Burfict will be coming back. He is a game changer. I think the O-Line is improving. The Bengals need better play at QB and the players have to help Dalton out by catching the ball and holding on to the ball. Lets hope for a win at Green Bay.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
You can't call Ross a wasted pick because he's dealing with minor injury issues in his rookie year haha. That makes you sound ridiculous.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2017, 07:38 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: You can't call Ross a wasted pick because he's dealing with minor injury issues in his rookie year haha. That makes you sound ridiculous.

True...but I don't hold it against Bengals fans for assuming Ross is going down the non-factor/injured/perpetual rookie path some of our other 1st round picks have gone.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2017, 08:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I really want to like the Ross pick, I really do; but it's getting harder and harder.

Amazing that if he was going through the same thing, but if the team was 2-0 and Eifert, AJ, and Gio, who were ALL OUT INJURED LAST YEAR FOR A LONG TIME were doing a damn thing this season no one would mind Ross being out for one F'n games.

BUT, that isn't the case.  The entire offense has been pathetic, and the blame is getting heaped on a guy that missed one game and got inexplicably benched the other.  We have forgiven AJ for tipping an INT right in to the hands of peanut Tillman years ago that cost us an opening week win against the Bears.  We have forgiven Hill for giving away a damn playoff game.  We have forgiven Gio for giving away TWO playoff games with fumbles.  

But Ross sucks.

I don't mean to pile on you bfine.  Your post was legit and not douchey at all.  I am just sick of folks piling on Dalton and Ross when they aren't the problem.  The line needs their asses kicked all day and every day in practice.  The coaching staff should be gone, including Marv and Alexander.  

Then, we can look at the players when they have legit coaches on their side.  
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2017, 08:42 PM)Trademark Wrote: Starting to look like Ross was a wasted pick, also starting to look like Eifert won't play and Geno is banged up. Happy 50th anniversary!!!

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/9/21/16347088/cincinnati-bengals-green-bay-packers-injury-report-john-ross-geno-atkins

On a positive note it's the last week of the Burfict suspension.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2017, 12:50 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: [Image: giphy.webp]

Kirk says hello.
Reply/Quote
I typically hold my "bust" label until after Year 3.
So by no means am I willing to call John Ross a bust.

And you're probably thinking, "But 85s, you've been so hard on Ogbuehi and he's only in Year 3." And the answer is yes, I have been hard on him because he's shown poor performance to date. But this is his year to prove himself. If he doesn't become at least a serviceable OT by end of the year, I'll label him a bust it's time to find another OT option.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2017, 09:53 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Then, we can look at the players when they have legit coaches on their side.  

So basically we haven't been able to really judge Bengals players fairly since what...1990?
Reply/Quote
Things I've heard in this forum throughout the years:
"You can't judge a team's draft until a couple of years down the road."
"[Rookie] was a wasted draft pick" after 2 games of rookie season
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I haven't read anywhere that says he is out. Stop jumping to conclusions people.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2017, 02:25 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: John Ross may be a bust.  He may go on to have a hall of fame career.  Nobody knows what it will be after two games.  

All he does is fumble... Ninja face!
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2017, 10:29 AM)Nately120 Wrote: So basically we haven't been able to really judge Bengals players fairly since what...1990?

I think Hue Jackson and Jay Gruden were legitimate NFL offensive coaches.  There have also been legitimate NFL defensive coaches in Vance Joseph and Mike Zimmer.  Any coincidence those were among the best Bengal teams since the days of Sam Wyche?
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2017, 10:16 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: On a positive note it's the last week of the Burfict suspension.

Yeah, we really need him for Cleveland over GB...thanks Goodell!  Bastard. 
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2017, 10:16 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: On a positive note it's the last week of the Burfict suspension.

True. Until the next guy he legitimately hits hard and the league comes up with another reason to suspend him.

No way he makes it through the rest of the season without another issue the way he plays. Goodell and co. will make sure of it.
Reply/Quote
Just saw this tweet come across. Ross & Eifert not at practice again today. Not a good sign for Sunday, really need Eifert.

https://twitter.com/pauldehnerjr/status/911250745021927424
Paul Dehner Jr.‏Verified account @pauldehnerjr 1m1 minute ago
More
No John Ross or Tyler Eifert at practice again today for #Bengals. Safe to assume we won’t see them playing Sunday.

but earlier Hobson tweeted that Ross was heading out to walkthru. also said probably questionable for game.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
He's out. Eifert and faster, smaller Eifert are both out.

Expect this to be a common theme this year.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2017, 11:48 AM)jason Wrote: All he does is fumble... Ninja face!

Can't even run routes! Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Eifert officially out Sunday, Ross questionable.

Marvin also said "we'll see" on Eifert beyond Sunday.. sigh
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote