Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Ross hurt again; Eifert sidelined
(09-22-2017, 12:00 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I think Hue Jackson and Jay Gruden were legitimate NFL offensive coaches.  There have also been legitimate NFL defensive coaches in Vance Joseph and Mike Zimmer.  Any coincidence those were among the best Bengal teams since the days of Sam Wyche?

I hear ya.  I just ask because it seems like people were more critical of the players failing to win during the Palmer/Chad era and are now really lacing into the coaches during the Dalton/Green era.  Lord help us if Marvin is around to get a 3rd shot at it.

(09-22-2017, 01:09 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Eifert officially out Sunday, Ross questionable.

Marvin also said "we'll see" on Eifert beyond Sunday.. sigh

We've seen, Marvin.  We've seen.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Eifert will never play another down as a Bengal.

And Ross is headed to IR after the bye after they milk this "minor injury" for another couple weeks to save face from the "I told you so crowd". You typically can't call someone a bust before 3 years, but EVERYONE knew Ross was a walking injury. One of the reasons he was off peoples draft board completely and you could here the collective gasp when he was taken 9th overall. Bengals gambled and loss, everyone including majority on this board turned out to be right. Ross can't even handle reverses. One reverse taking him out 2 weeks every time he runs one. You guys really think he's going to make significant contributions to this team?

Hopefully Mixon works out. But really, this season has reminded us what many of us already knew. You can get an "elite" back anywhere in the draft. For a team that won't spend a high pick on Safety, Center, DE etc. They sure like using 2nd round picks on rb's.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2017, 09:07 PM)jj22 Wrote: Ross is just a luxury pick that someday you hope to get something out of. A gamble they couldn't afford, but what's done is done. Just be happy to get something out of Ross. Anything at this point.

Nail meet Hammer !

I think it's a wee bit early to write the young man off. But one eyebrow is inching up ever so slightly.

I'm not sure these coaches know how to use him anyways ?
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2017, 01:18 PM)jj22 Wrote: Eifert will never play another down as a Bengal.

And Ross is headed to IR after the bye after they milk this "minor injury" for another couple weeks to save face from the "I told you so crowd". You typically can't call someone a bust before 3 years, but EVERYONE knew Ross was a walking injury. One of the reasons he was off peoples draft board completely and you could here the collective gasp when he was taken 9th overall. Bengals gambled and loss, everyone including majority on this board turned out to be right. Ross can't even handle reverses. One reverse taking him out 2 weeks every time he runs one. You guys really think he's going to make significant contributions to this team?

Hopefully Mixon works out. But really, this season has reminded us what many of us already knew. You can get an "elite" back anywhere in the draft. For a team that won't spend a high pick on Safety, Center, DE etc. They sure like using 2nd round picks on rb's.

Jesus Christ, "Jump," playing right now on the radio at work is perfectly apt for you...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
With this team and their injury prone players. Fool me once, on you....... Fool me over and over and over again.....and.... (in my George Bush voice). You can't be fooled again!

I think we've all read this script before.

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2017, 01:18 PM)jj22 Wrote: For a team that won't spend a high pick on Safety, Center, DE etc. They sure like using 2nd round picks on rb's.

I'm with you on this. There's no reason to have three 2nd round RBs on your roster. That's at least one wasted RB, likely two because you're likely limiting each RB's touches. And if you actually put them into specific roles, you shouldn't be spending a 2nd rounder on a goal line/short yardage back or a COP/third-down back. Those types of RBs can (and should) be found on Day 3 of the draft.

Another huge problem with the Bengals is they lack an identity. Hopefully Lazor or some new coach in the offseason can create that identity.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
"We'll see." Marvins reply to if whether Eifert will be out past Sunday.

You know what means.......... See you in Week 9 Tyler.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Ross ruled out for Sunday, as is Eifert & Hopkins per

Katherine Terrell‏Verified account @Kat_Terrell 16m16 minutes ago
More
John Ross and Trey Hopkins have been officially ruled out for Sunday in addition to Tyler Eifert
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2017, 02:03 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Ross ruled out for Sunday, as is Eifert & Hopkins per

Katherine Terrell‏Verified account @Kat_Terrell  16m16 minutes ago
More
John Ross and Trey Hopkins have been officially ruled out for Sunday in addition to Tyler Eifert

Sports suck when both the Reds and Bengals are having bad years. Ugh.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2017, 08:44 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's curious that they only seem to use Ross on reverses...even in preseason.

I'm wondering if they know he isn't ready.

I think it's time to move on from Eifert in the offseason. Availability is a big part of being a good pro.

he missed most of preseason which hurt his learning of the offense..

So reverses are easy plays to break him into the lineup with and use his speed.

Not sure if hes hurt I just know hes inactive for this sunday.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2017, 01:18 PM)jj22 Wrote: Eifert will never play another down as a Bengal.

quiet a few draft picks spent their first year hurt and panned out okay.
Reply/Quote
This is all my fault...during the 2015 season I decided to buy a current NFL jersey and I went with Eifert. My bad. He's done better than the other guys I bought though seeing as two of them shot themselves at some point.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2017, 02:25 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: So reverses are easy plays to break him

Ninja  

Reply/Quote
Like it matters if Ross or Eifert is hurt when you have the worst OLine in the league that cannot block for any

Quarterback to get them the ball. Then a Quarterback who cant throw them the ball when they do have time.

Who Day and Cheers to these 2017 Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2017, 02:27 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: quiet a few draft picks spent their first year hurt and panned out okay.

Did they get drafted with the injury history Ross did? He was off most boards for a reason. That's the key. Everyone knew he'd have a short career. I'm sure they though he could handle more than a reverse without getting hurt, but he was off boards for a reason.

Reply/Quote
baby black version of t. eifert, f this cat, we made a bad pick.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2017, 02:41 PM)bambino5130 Wrote: Like it matters if Ross or Eifert is hurt when you have the worst OLine in the league that cannot block for any

Quarterback to get them the ball. Then a Quarterback who cant throw them the ball when they do have time.

Who Day and Cheers to these 2017 Bengals.

who spells who dey wrong
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Considering the Bengals love and history for injury-prone number one draft picks, if you could trade John Ross right now for a 2018 mid-second round draft pick, would you do it?
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2017, 03:01 PM)jj22 Wrote: Did they get drafted with the injury history Ross did? He was off most boards for a reason. That's the key. Everyone knew he'd have a short career. I'm sure they though he could handle more than a reverse without getting hurt,  but he was off boards for a reason.

The last offensive skill player that comes to mind that went on to have a good career after a major injury in college was Willis McGahee. I remember that though because his knee was destroyed in the championship game vs The Buckeyes. He also sat out his rookie year. (this is for 1st round players)

Another player in recent years was Lattimore, who was a beast in college. But he never could recover from his knee injury and is now out of the league. But he was taken later on in draft.

Reply/Quote
Not great news. I'm a big Eifert fan, but I'm not seeing a lot of value in keeping him. Guaranteed his agent is going to push for a big contract because of his touchdown production...but the dude is on the field like 50% of the time, if that.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote