Poll: What do you think John Ross' trade value is ?
1st round pick
2nd round pick
3rd round pick
4th round pick
5th round pick
6th round pick
7th round pick
combination of multiple picks &/or players - explain details in a Post
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Ross trade value - If Marvin has new roster Power & upset with Ross = trade ?
Word is that Marvin has forced Mike Brown to be on the "same page" with him regarding Roster moves going forward.

If this is the case and if it is also true that Ross is in Marvin's doghouse, then the logical next step appears to be Marvin trading John Ross.

Take the Poll of what you think John Ross' Draft pick value would be in a Trade.

Getting say a 2nd round pick for AJ McCarron and another Draft pick for John Ross could offer more opportunities to fill some holes on this team.

Adding a few extra Free Agents more than usual to these extra Draft picks could offer at least a glimpse of Hope of getting the Roster closer to 2015 form.

Defeating two 9 and 7 teams with Playoff aspirations to end the season and denying each of them 10 win seasons offers a glimmer of Hope also.

If Marvin does have some New Roster Power then this offseason may at least be more Active than most in a number of areas.

Take the Poll and comment on any of the above. I am curious as to what people think Ross' trade value would be. If nothing else, we may at least get a more interesting offseason.
Reply/Quote
At this point, I would consider us lucky to get a 3rd rounder for him. I'd rather trade Ced though
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 04:10 PM)whodey1967 Wrote: At this point, I would consider us lucky to get a 3rd rounder for him.  I'd rather trade Ced though

The Poll is up now. You can put that in.
Reply/Quote
My gut feeling is that we could get a mid to late 2nd round pick.

3 years still left on his contract plus 5th year option may entice a team that liked him less than a year ago.

His speed on the right team may be attractive to that team still.

I'm curious to see what others think because I think a trade could happen given how Marvin apparently feels about him.
Reply/Quote
4th at best. Which is sad.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
I don't see, not going anywhere in your poll?
Reply/Quote
I don’t think you can get a first round pick for him right now, and I don’t think Mikey B. will let him go for less. I think he has prove to be healthy and show something on the field to regain his value.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 04:26 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I don't see, not going anywhere in your poll?

The Poll is more about my curiosity as to what people think Ross would be worth.

Coupled with Marvin's so called New Power over the Roster and what that may mean this offseason overall.

So do you believe that Marvin has John Ross in his Plans for this team ?  That Marvin will be forced to keep him by Mike ?  or Unable to get good value for him so he has to just keep him ?
Reply/Quote
A 4th rounder is the most logical.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 04:39 PM)depthchart Wrote: The Poll is more about my curiosity as to what people think Ross would be worth.

Coupled with Marvin's so called New Power over the Roster and what that may mean this offseason overall.

So do you believe that Marvin has John Ross in his Plans for this team ?  That Marvin will be forced to keep him by Mike ?  or Unable to get good value for him so he has to just keep him ?

I believe Jon Ross figures very much into the plans for the future. The guy has very good skills besides being faster than hell. He's here, why not use him. Lazor wants to go vertical according to his speech in the press conference Tuesday.
Reply/Quote
There is an article up today that had marvin saying that he expects big things out of Ross next year and to play a vital role in our offense. No way you trade a top 10 pick after this year. Im sorry but that's delusional

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 04:44 PM)Okeana Wrote: There is an article up today that had marvin saying that he expects big things out of Ross next year and to play a vital role in our offense.  No way you trade a top 10 pick after this year.  Im sorry but that's delusional

I'm a Big Ross fan, and can see him being next years WJIII....Just my opinion, which isn't worth much.

WhoDey2
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't think he's going anywhere.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 04:44 PM)Okeana Wrote: There is an article up today that had marvin saying that he expects big things out of Ross next year and to play a vital role in our offense.  No way you trade a top 10 pick after this year.  Im sorry but that's delusional

Marvin is on record saying that Ross let the team down and may not have wanted to draft him.

Marvin may actually believe in him or he may be talking him up to other teams pre Draft or knows he is stuck with him so his message is to Ross himself.

It may be that Marvin wants larger, more physical receivers in the Ju Ju Smith Schuster mold and fears that Ross won't be able to hold up to the physicality of the AFC North. He said recently that the team needs to be built for this division. Ross may be a better Dome team fit.

Whether Marvin trades him may be based on what he can get back for him and whether or not Marvin sees him as a Top 10 pick caliber player that can stay healthy in this cold weather, hard hitting division.
Reply/Quote
Here's the thing - you NEVER give up on a top 10 after 2 years, let alone 1.
Reply/Quote
Honestly I've soured on this pick quite a bit. Ross will have had surgery on both shoulders and both knees now. I think he has a very short shelf life in the NFL.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Can't see that he has any value at all honestly. He and Eifert combined probably wont play enough games combined to make a whole season.
Reply/Quote
He as no value. He hasn't gotten on the field. Seriously, we couldn't get a 7th for him.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 05:07 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Here's the thing - you NEVER give up on a top 10 after 2 years, let alone 1.

What if you are convinced that he is too small to hold up physically or that he is really translating to the league like say a 3rd round caliber player ?

Keeping him just to prove we were not wrong about him could then be a mistake.

Paying what you now believe to be a 3rd round caliber player Top 10 money with high expectations that he will be injured a lot and may not fit the style of play Marvin wants for this division.

Enough question marks in my mind to at least explore options. If other teams offer any.
Reply/Quote
I voted 4th rounder because I flat out have no idea who, if anyone, would trade for John Ross.
If the reports are true, many teams had him lower on their boards due to health concerns, and that was only magnified this past year. It really could not have been any worse of a year for John Ross. Not only was he viewed as being injury prone but also some viewed his inability to get on the field as having trouble learning the intricacies of an offense.

Ross needs time on the field to boost his stock before he has a chance to get traded for anything IMO.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote