Poll: What do you think John Ross' trade value is ?
1st round pick
2nd round pick
3rd round pick
4th round pick
5th round pick
6th round pick
7th round pick
combination of multiple picks &/or players - explain details in a Post
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Ross trade value - If Marvin has new roster Power & upset with Ross = trade ?
(01-05-2018, 05:43 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I voted 4th rounder because I flat out have no idea who, if anyone, would trade for John Ross.
If the reports are true, many teams had him lower on their boards due to health concerns, and that was only magnified this past year. It really could not have been any worse of a year for John Ross. Not only was he viewed as being injury prone but also some viewed his inability to get on the field as having trouble learning the intricacies of an offense.

Ross needs time on the field to boost his stock before he has a chance to get traded for anything IMO.

Well said.

Based on what you said, would you take a 3rd round pick for him ?    Do you think Marvin would take a 3rd ?
Reply/Quote
Let's revisit this thread a year from today and see if the many psychics end up right or wrong about him. Amazing how much conviction there is on the future of a guy who was seen about five times.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
The Bengals are not going to trade their 1st round pick in year 2. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 04:19 PM)depthchart Wrote: My gut feeling is that we could get a mid to late 2nd round pick.

3 years still left on his contract plus 5th year option may entice a team that liked him less than a year ago.

His speed on the right team may be attractive to that team still.

I'm curious to see what others think because I think a trade could happen given how Marvin apparently feels about him.

if only al davis was still alive it be an easy sell

I'm sure Lazor and make ross fit into his offense
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 06:27 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: if only al davis was still alive it be an easy sell

I'm sure Lazor and make ross fit into his offense

The question is if Marvelous Marv permits it or not.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 06:32 PM)R3stangs Wrote: The question is if Marvelous Marv permits it or not.

Marv has already been quoted as saying that he looks for big things from Ross next season.  Translation = Ross will get 20-30 targets, provided that he shines Marvin's shoes each game day..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Well a Healthy Ross might be a different story from the 2017 Ross.
Reply/Quote
He's a 1st round pick. Easily.

I bet the same people that are voting for something different would have also said WJIII's trade value is a 4th round pick as well after his first year.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 05:07 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Honestly I've soured on this pick quite a bit.  Ross will have had surgery on both shoulders and both knees now.  I think he has a very short shelf life in the NFL.

agreed
Reply/Quote
Love him or hate him (I hated the pick), it makes no sense to trade a first round pick after one season. Especially a short season. Nobody would give much for him because there's no body of work.
Reply/Quote
Ross has the potential to demand a First Round Pick and I believe Mike Brown believes it as well and ultimately that's all that matters.

I know you want to know what I think his value is right now though so for that I will say a case of White Castle Cheese Burgers and a side of Onion Chips...right now.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 06:44 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Well a Healthy Ross might be a different story from the 2017 Ross.

(01-05-2018, 07:03 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: He's a 1st round pick. Easily.

I bet the same people that are voting for something different would have also said WJIII's trade value is a 4th round pick as well after his first year.

But the question is: will we ever see him healthy?

The reason I didn't like the pick when we made it was Ross is to an offense what Bob Sanders was to a defense. At 100% he's among the best, but being the best because of his physical limitations means he's rarely at 100%.

I know a lot of folks were high on Ross. I hope he pans out. But it still burns me taking him that high.
Reply/Quote
His value or what he thinks his value is? Ever hear the phrase I'd like to buy you for what you're worth and sell you for what you think you're worth? 
I'm not sure what his value is, but for 2017 it was about worth a small bag of fries at Burger King.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 07:22 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Ross has the potential to demand a First Round Pick and I believe Mike Brown believes it as well and ultimately that's all that matters.

I know you want to know what I think his value is right now though so for that I will say a case of White Castle Cheese Burgers and a side of Onion Chips...right now.

White Castle burgers don't even come close..unless you're constipated.. 

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I would jump at the chance to get a first round pick for him, as I felt he should never have been drafted by this team at all. I have zero confidence in his ability to stay healthy, or do much of anything other than run fast.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 04:44 PM)Okeana Wrote: There is an article up today that had marvin saying that he expects big things out of Ross next year and to play a vital role in our offense. 

Not sure which article that is, but sounds like Marvin is misquoted.  If you watch the Dan Hoard sit down interview on Bengals.com, Hoard asks if he sees Ross playing a "vital" role next year, and Marvin snickered and said, "No, I don't see him playing a vital role next year..."
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 05:50 PM)depthchart Wrote: Well said.

Based on what you said, would you take a 3rd round pick for him ?    Do you think Marvin would take a 3rd ?

(01-05-2018, 06:15 PM)McC Wrote: Let's revisit this thread a year from today and see if the many psychics end up right or wrong about him.  Amazing how much conviction there is on the future of a guy who was seen about five times.

This IMO.
I REALLY liked Ross, thought he could be special. I wouldn't want to give him up for anything without getting any real chance to play.
As McC says, let's revisit this topic next year and see if the story has changed.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Dennard, Jackson, Ogbuehi.......History shows he isn't going anywhere just because he was hurt as a rookie. Injured or not John Ross is here to stay and we will slowly work him in. Consider last year the classic Bengals first rounder red shirt and we will go from there. People have been down on Dennard is whole career and he is finally starting to look like the guy we all hoped he would be. I think with a full year of OTA's and training camp he will be fine next season.

Too be fair none of the first round WR's this year really lived up to their draft position.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals would not trade Ross away, but if they did, there is zero chance that they'd get a 1st, or even a 2nd for him. Best case scenario would be a 3rd, but a 4th is more likely.

Moot, because not gonna happen.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2018, 10:27 AM)Au165 Wrote: Dennard, Jackson, Ogbuehi.......History shows he isn't going anywhere just because he was hurt as a rookie. Injured or not John Ross is here to stay and we will slowly work him in. Consider last year the classic Bengals first rounder red shirt and we will go from there. People have been down on Dennard is whole career and he is finally starting to look like the guy we all hoped he would be. I think with a full year of OTA's and training camp he will be fine next season.

Too be fair none of the first round WR's this year really lived up to their draft position.
We haven't exactly been overly blessed as a team with first round receivers except one that I can think of. First round players always sound perfect and for some reason unbeknownst to most of us the guys taken in the later rounds seem to do much better.. It really is a matter of math actually because as has been pointed out many many times it really doesn't matter which round players come from and really doesn't matter if they're drafted at all. Each team signs around 20? rookies every season, but fans want to focus on the first one..AS IF the rest don't matter for doodly squat.. 
It's probably a good thing that first round players aren't necessarily expected to be instant super stars every single time their first season. 
Try to imagine yourself being a first round pick then getting beat up like a drum your first season..That's a lot of pressure..I'm surprised there aren't more suicides among first round guys.. They're the top athletes at every level they've been at then suddenly become instant nobodies getting called all manner of nasty names by fans..not to mention other players..
I wouldn't volunteer to be selected in the first round..

Reply/Quote