Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
John Ross wants to be traded
(10-21-2020, 06:00 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I have finally had enough if he cannot even get on the field and catch the damn ball.

No excuses for running the wrong routes and not catching balls thrown your way when you are healthy.

Well, from the little I have seen of Geno it is the right call right now lol

And I have liked a bit from what I have seen from Bledsoe, Xavier and Covington at times.

Dunlap has been frustrating over pursuing like he has. Lawson is better than Dunlap at this moment IMO.

I know the PFF rankings might not agree but it is what I see out there.

I agree with this. Idont know about Lawson, but I think Dunlap only has like a 54 pff overall rating this season so far. No wonder he got benched. Hopefully he can use it as motivation to start playing better, but right now Dunlap, as much as I'm a huge fan of his, doesnt have a pot to piss in based on his play on the field. Geno hasnt looked good either, but I would kind of expect that more coming off injury. He may or may not improve, but right now he hasnt looked like a factor at all when he's in there. Both of those guys are on the wrong side of 30. Facts are just facts.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 06:16 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: -If it takes you 13 targets to get 6 catches (MIA game), you're not doing well.
-If you have 46 yards receiving through the first 59 minutes of the game and you're down 41-10 (49ers game), it doesn't suddenly make it better when you get the pinnacle of garbage time TDs.

As I said, he had 1 great game (Seattle) and 1 pure garbage time TD (49ers) that was all the good he did all year.

He also dropped 14.3% of his targets in 2019 which is somehow worse than his already bad 12.1% drop rate in 2018.

So what's better:
10 catches on 13 targets for 60 yards, or 6 catches on 13 targets for 84 yards?
I would say the latter.

FYI John Ross and Auden Tate had the same catch percentage last year (50%).
Which is interesting because I see everyone gets mad that Ross doesn't make enough catches but somehow Tate catches everything.

Also, Thomas is averaging 13 yards per game. Ross averaged 63.25 yards per game last year and had no fewer than 22 yards every game.

People seem to be putting far too much value in catch percentage and availability (Thomas and Erickson) even though these guys are not ever coming close to having glimpses of having the production of a starting WR. People also hold on to a guy's draft position too long into their NFL tenure. If Ross was, for instance, a 3rd round pick, I don't think they'd be nearly as hard on him.

For the record, do I want all Bengals receivers to never drop passes and be productive every game? Of course.
Do I admit Ross has flaws that have kept him from being a good starting WR? Of course.
Was taking Ross at 9 a reach? Of course, in hindsight. He never gave indication he would drop a lot of passes or have a low catch percentage coming out of college. His catch rate was nearly 63% and he had 81 receptions.
With all of John Ross's flaws and frustrations, do I still think he can contribute more at the WR position than guys like Thomas and Erickson? Also yes.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote