Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Ross will be a Bengal
(04-27-2017, 10:59 PM)Benton Wrote: This pick made the Ogbeuhi pick look smart.

Whatever

My God Shocked

(04-27-2017, 11:15 PM)Benton Wrote: Green, Boyd, LaFell, Core, Ross... I just ain't seeing it. I guess we can Madden it and run 4 wide every down with a back.... if he stays healthy.

Or, more likely, Ross doesn't see the field much for 2-3 years. LaFell's contract runs out and Marvin can't figure out if he wants to play Boyd or Ross, so neither one gets a real groove.

What a waste.

You are a very intelligent dude Benton, but you evidently know nothing about John Ross and don't know what one of
our biggest weaknesses were last year. Deep threat at the WR position. Big frickin' deal i guess you say. But i guess we
should of reached for a guy that evidently has terrible injury concerns like Allen (reasons why he is falling) over this guy
who will score TD's immediately.

Boyd and Lafell are not fast and we saw it last year, thank God the coaching staff saw this is all i can say.

I was calling for Core week 6. When he got in things happened in the passing game besides AJ Green.

Team friendly deal is what Lafell's is and is solid insurance with experience.

I could nag on how terrible it was to keep Paul Alexander around but i see too much illogical hate going on here for me to.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 04:13 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Not sure if its really "inside information", but I am being told by one of their coaches to not be surprised if the Bengals take John Ross with their first round pick.

I was talking to him and he asked me what the offense was lacking. After I said a decent offensive line, he said what attribute, not position player, the offense was lacking. I immediately said speed and he kind of smiled at me and thats when he dropped the nugget about Ross.

Obviously the chips have to fall the right way, but I am being told by a pretty reliable source that the Bengals really like Ross.

Wow...what a breakthrough...I said this three days ago, before Lapham.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 11:18 PM)CharvelPlaya Wrote: AJ Green was picked in the first round.

oh sh*t...you're right...
Do'h...
Reply/Quote
I guess this mean green is gone when his contract is up
Reply/Quote
The team knew what they wanted and got it. Was Allen or Howard a better value? Perhaps. Then again, it seems we may not be able to develop value players who fall. I mean, supposedly Darquez Dennard was a gift.

It seems like when these coaches/front office get what they want, they get great players. So let it look like a reach, this is what they wanted and I'm willing to let them prove it was a smart pick.

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 11:35 PM)Steve Wrote: oh sh*t...you're right...
Do'h...

It's ok, because I was thinking you were right until I thought about it for a while, lol.
I used to be jmccracky. Or Cracky for short.
Reply/Quote
I cannot really understand or even fathom how anyone is excited with this pick at #9. Microfracture surgery? ACL surgery? Labrum surgery? This screams that he cannot stay healthy. Everyone is pointing out that he ran a 4.22/40 but on his biggest job interview (combine), he could not even do the drills after the one run that he made even though it was an amazing run. I hope I am wrong about this pick but I don't get it.
Reply/Quote
They should have traded back and got Ruben Foster. So now I'm just glad Pittsburg didn't get Foster.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 12:47 AM)SErebel11 Wrote: I cannot really understand or even fathom how anyone is excited with this pick at #9. Microfracture surgery? ACL surgery? Labrum surgery? This screams that he cannot stay healthy. Everyone is pointing out that he ran a 4.22/40 but on his biggest job interview (combine), he could not even do the drills after the one run that he made even though it was an amazing run. I hope I am wrong about this pick but I don't get it.

Ross was in the discussion for a few teams ,,, there is a risk but i like that they went for speed and did not play it save like we have before with picks... 
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 12:51 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Ross was in the discussion for a few teams ,,, there is a risk but i like that they went for speed and did not play it save like we have before with picks... 

Ross was also off the board for a few teams. I am not rooting against the kid but we have a lot of WR's and there are other fast, taller, and more durable WR's later in the draft. I hope I eat my words eventually but I am discouraged about this pick.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 12:47 AM)SErebel11 Wrote: I cannot really understand or even fathom how anyone is excited with this pick at #9. Microfracture surgery? ACL surgery? Labrum surgery? This screams that he cannot stay healthy. Everyone is pointing out that he ran a 4.22/40 but on his biggest job interview (combine), he could not even do the drills after the one run that he made even though it was an amazing run. I hope I am wrong about this pick but I don't get it.
Totally agree. It's definitelynot a safe pick.
Reply/Quote

I won't deny the injuries scare me. The shoulder one, not so much. That's a simple surgery. The knees? Yeah, that is a problem, and it actually might be (AJ does seem to keep having issues with his knees). That being said, the dude ran a 4.22 40 with bad knees. That, and speed isn't JUST his talent. The dude is an INCREDIBLE route runner. People need to keep the faith. 

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 11:33 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Wow...what a breakthrough...I said this three days ago, before Lapham.  

You guessed three days ago. I got information from a credible source. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 09:00 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: You guessed three days ago. I got information from a credible source. 

This is hilarious.  
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 04:13 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Not sure if its really "inside information", but I am being told by one of their coaches to not be surprised if the Bengals take John Ross with their first round pick.

I was talking to him and he asked me what the offense was lacking. After I said a decent offensive line, he said what attribute, not position player, the offense was lacking. I immediately said speed and he kind of smiled at me and thats when he dropped the nugget about Ross.

Obviously the chips have to fall the right way, but I am being told by a pretty reliable source that the Bengals really like Ross.

YOU CALLED IT 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Not a big fan of this pick.

Not hating on Ross and hope he does well here.

But with so many bigger needs and adequate players being available still. It is just confusing to me.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I like the pick. Lafell is a one year rental. Boyd is best suited in the slot and, despite this forums love of him, Cody Core is most likely a scrub. Throw in the fact Eifert is made of glass, along with his contract situation, and I like idea of adding a weapon. I love the speed.

Of course, at the end of the day it's all pretty meaningless. Our coach is a total loser and our team is a poorly run circus, lead by a clown family, with a 150 year old miser at the helm. We could have had 10 picks last night and hit every one out if the park and it still wouldn't matter. This team ain't winning shit.

Here's to hoping Ross has a great start to his career here and manages to get out early. He seems like a good kid and really deserves better.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 11:32 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Not a big fan of this pick.

But with so many bigger needs and adequate players being available still. It is just confusing to me.

You don't fix everything on a 6 win team with 1 pick. I will say though the 2nd and 3rd round will have some really good guys in them. I started looking through the guys left and honestly there are some really talented guys left. I think we address some areas of need tonight.
Reply/Quote
Ok weezy and shracerx. Lets put your insiders to the test. Both predicded ross prior to draft. Tiebreaker is who we take in 2nd round. Go.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 11:32 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Not a big fan of this pick.

Keep in mind: 

Cedric O should be improved.  Fingers crossed
William Jackson is like an extra first round pick
Billings should help solidify the DT rotation
Minter should help with LB
Andre smith might shine as a Gaurd.  As much upside as a rookie

There were only a handful of playmakers in this draft and then a lot of OK talent with upside.  I think the bengals swung for the fences with this pick.  The players mentioned above should help with some areas of need.  And we still have 2 days left. 

It's hard to not at least get excited about a talent like this.  Id be willing to bet you see him front and center, in a very loud PBS, running away from defenders multiple times this year!   5-6 months from now you will be loving John Ross!   
Reply/Quote