Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Ross will be a Bengal
Allen or Foster please.
Reply/Quote
Why take a guy projected to go Top 3-4 when they fall to us when we could take a guy with injury concerns who some teams removed from their board?
Reply/Quote
Told y'all.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Terrible the guy has history of injuries
Reply/Quote
It stings worse as Allen and Hooker both fell to us. Allen would have been an amazing pick.

Ross was projected to go mid teens to 20's.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 04:27 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: John Ross is looking like he might slip into Round 2 due to medical concerns. Two meniscus tears, an ACL surgery, and a shoulder injury... for a 188 lb WR.

So of course the Bengals will take him 9th overall!

This right here.  Guy has both shoulder and knee problems.  Jonathan Allen would have been great on the line with Atkins and Dunlap too...
Reply/Quote
Remember that distastrous Ogboowee pick? he was injured coming out to...Kind of surprised they would take another gamble especially in 1st round?? I hope they did their due diligence on this one
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 04:13 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Not sure if its really "inside information", but I am being told by one of their coaches to not be surprised if the Bengals take John Ross with their first round pick.

I was talking to him and he asked me what the offense was lacking. After I said a decent offensive line, he said what attribute, not position player, the offense was lacking. I immediately said speed and he kind of smiled at me and thats when he dropped the nugget about Ross.

Obviously the chips have to fall the right way, but I am being told by a pretty reliable source that the Bengals really like Ross.

I love the pick but i gotta say this was "inside information" evidently. Lap, SHRacerX and you Weezy all knew about it before hand
and it happened even with Jonathan Allen there.

Not good man, not good.
Reply/Quote
kalibengal Wrote:Remember that distastrous Ogboowee pick? he was injured coming out to...Kind of surprised they would take another gamble especially in 1st round?? I hope they did their due diligence on this one

Bengals medical staff cleared him. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 10:44 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Bengals medical staff cleared him. 

I forget...that's a good thing or....?  Hmm
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 10:42 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Remember that distastrous Ogboowee pick? he was injured coming out to...Kind of surprised they would take another gamble especially in 1st round?? I hope they did their due diligence on this one

Ross will play next year...the big question is if he can avoid injury. IF he can stay healthy...he's a very explosive WR.

Double Green. You have Eifert and you can use Ross's speed. Then you have Boyd and Lafell...and Bernard.

That's a lot of weapons.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 10:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I love the pick but i gotta say this was "inside information" evidently. Lap, SHRacerX and you Weezy all knew about it before hand
and it happened even with Jonathan Allen there.

Not good man, not good.

Allen continues to fall, you wonder if his injury issues are a real question
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Awful Llama Wrote:I forget...that's a good thing or....?  Hmm

Well the Antonio Bryant staff is gone. So take that for what it's worth. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I will say I am okay with it and I have been a big "no on Ross" guy. The reason being is the WR run started. With Davis and Williams gone we had to pull the trigger. I think Buffalo wanted Ross at 10 and when we picked him they traded out immediately.
Reply/Quote
This pick made the Ogbeuhi pick look smart.

Whatever
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 10:51 PM)Au165 Wrote: I will say I am okay with it and I have been a big "no on Ross" guy. The reason being is the WR run started. With Davis and Williams gone we had to pull the trigger. I think Buffalo wanted Ross at 10 and when we picked him they traded out immediately.

excellent observation on why Buffalo bailed out at 10 Au165.....I think you're correct...
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 10:59 PM)Benton Wrote: This pick made the Ogbeuhi pick look smart.

Whatever

haha...
we shall see....
as long as Ross stays healthy it should be fine....but to be honest I was surprised....
it's only the 3rd time in the Bengals 50 year history they've picked a WR in rd #1....David Verser & Peter Warrick.....& neither one really lived up to the billing....oh well....seems most of our better players came in rd #2....strange...?
I think every time he touches the ball i'll be secretly saying, "pls don't get hurt"....
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 10:59 PM)Benton Wrote: This pick made the Ogbeuhi pick look smart.

Whatever

If you watch it over again, you can see it... It was all the commissioner could do to not say "With the 9th pick of the 2017 NFL draft the Cincinnati Bengals select..
You gotta be ***** kidding me... John Ross.".
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 11:06 PM)Steve Wrote: haha...
we shall see....
as long as Ross stays healthy it should be fine....but to be honest I was surprised....
it's only the 3rd time in the Bengals 50 year history they've picked a WR in rd #1....David Verser & Peter Warrick.....& neither one really lived up to the billing....oh well....seems most of our better players came in rd #2....strange...?
I think every time he touches the ball i'll be secretly saying, "pls don't get hurt"....

Green, Boyd, LaFell, Core, Ross... I just ain't seeing it. I guess we can Madden it and run 4 wide every down with a back.... if he stays healthy.

Or, more likely, Ross doesn't see the field much for 2-3 years. LaFell's contract runs out and Marvin can't figure out if he wants to play Boyd or Ross, so neither one gets a real groove.

What a waste.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 11:06 PM)Steve Wrote: haha...
we shall see....

AJ Green was picked in the first round.
I used to be jmccracky. Or Cracky for short.
Reply/Quote