Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnny Fartball is named STARTER!!! UPDATE - STARTER NO MORE!!!!
I'll admit I can see why the Browns would roll with the young guy now that the season is over (as if this season wasn't over in May, amirite?).  I also have to point out that the Browns have thrown about 100 QBs on the field since they reappeared and hoped for success and attempted to actually develop about 0 of them.  I thought this might be the one time they attempted to develop a QB (maybe they think he's finally ready?) instead of tossing a rookie, or near-rookie out there and crossing their fingers.

WHAT DO YOU THINK!?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000582109/article/browns-to-start-johnny-manziel-at-qb-for-rest-of-season
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Good for him. They need to find out.

I wonder if this is from the owner. I thought they were gonna blow it up. I think they will keep farmer which is hilarious.
Reply/Quote
I don't think it matters. They've never put a system in place around a QB to develop him. Until they do, they're going to have the same stop-start problem they've had with Quinn, Anderson, Hoyer, Manziel, etc. You can't play a guy two games, bench him, bring him back a few games later and expect him to lead a team.
Reply/Quote
Farmer and Pettine don't work well together so one of them, or both, will be gone after this season. I don't see Haslam bringing in a GM/coach and forcing them to accept Manziel. He's going to need to show a lot of improvement to stick around for next season.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Gawd I hope he gets his bell rung..... LOL

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Browns and Ravens will be battling for the top pick .

Guess the Titans as well. So Browns should get their pick of qb's
Reply/Quote
I think they're doing this just so they can move on next year, but if he surprises and plays well that could be interesting. It's actually a win-win for them. (Until they draft Hackenburgh LOL)
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2015, 02:13 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: I think they're doing this just so they can move on next year, but if he surprises and plays well that could be interesting. It's actually a win-win for them. (Until they draft Hackenburgh LOL)

Well they have the top pick ATM. I think the Ravens are 2 lol .... But farmer will mess up any pick they get.
Reply/Quote
I see Pettine gone at the end of the season. Manziel needs to play a season or two, Browns organization needs a change.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2015, 12:11 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Good for him.   They need to find out.  

I wonder if this is from the owner.   I thought they were gonna blow it up.  I think they will keep farmer which is hilarious.

Meh, I get the notion but is there anything left to really "find out?"  Today's NFL is extremely impatient and we are seeing QBs getting yanked for older and/or more conventional QBs over and over. The Browns were the only team that started with the boring guy, while other teams this season (49ers, 'Skins, Jets, Texans) started with the "let's see what we have" and then went for the conventional guy at the same time the Browns are benching the conventional guy for the "let's see what we have" one.

At any rate, it looks like ol' JF was "developed" more than any of the past QBs they threw into a hopeless situation, so perhaps that makes a difference?
Reply/Quote
They should have saved the money on McCown before the season and rolled with Manziel for the whole year anyways. That team was not a mediocre-yet-consistent QB away from playoffs/championship. If I were the owner/GM, instead of signing aging over/never on the hill veterans (Bowe/McCown/Hartline) I would've tried getting picks/young talent and told Pettine that he has job security through the next two offseasons to try and put a decent team together. Manziel probably is not going to be a franchise QB, but at least erase any doubt in a wasted season now.

Not that I'm complaining they suck though.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2015, 08:54 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: They should have saved the money on McCown before the season and rolled with Manziel for the whole year anyways. That team was not a mediocre-yet-consistent QB away from playoffs/championship. If I were the owner/GM, instead of signing aging over/never on the hill veterans (Bowe/McCown/Hartline) I would've tried getting picks/young talent and told Pettine that he has job security through the next two offseasons to try and put a decent team together. Manziel probably is not going to be a franchise QB, but at least erase any doubt in a wasted season now.

Not that I'm complaining they suck though.

Yea but...developing a QB and stuff.  How many rookie, or unprepared QB's have the Browns started since 1999?  Couch, Frey, Anderson, Quinn, McCoy, Weeden, Shaw, and now Manziel.  None of them were great, none of them were ready.  I thought maybe just this once the Browns would try to put their new QB behind a vet for a season (Hoyer wasn't a good coach, McCown is) and try to develop him rather than the old "toss 'em out there, hope magic happens, then cut him and find someone else to ruin" method they've been using for the past 16 years.

If the past holds true, I'll assume Manziel flops and they draft his replacement very soon.
Reply/Quote
Looks like Johnny Fartball got re-benched because of blah blah blah who cares he stanks.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000587108/article/browns-mike-pettine-we-might-bench-johnny-manziel
Reply/Quote
That franchise is in shambles. I think it's a problem that he has to talk to the GM and Owner about making a decision, especially when your team is unequivocally out of playoff contention. Pettine is coaching himself into being an NFL fan next season. Make a decision and live with the consequences, don't ask for permission, asking daddy what he thinks is killing your rep. Be responsible for making your own decisions. Should he ask the GM if they can run 2 a days?
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 03:57 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Looks like Johnny Fartball got re-benched because of blah blah blah who cares he stanks.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000587108/article/browns-mike-pettine-we-might-bench-johnny-manziel
He got benched again before he even got one start as the full-time starter. lol
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 04:36 PM)6andcounting Wrote: He got benched again before he even got one start as the full-time starter. lol

They seem to pin it on him living the nightlife again, but I'd wager he stunk in practice for 2 weeks, too.  I also don't see why everyone is so head over heels about his game against the Steelers.  The statline looks nice but the game was never even remotely close. 
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 05:28 PM)Nately120 Wrote: They seem to pin it on him living the nightlife again, but I'd wager he stunk in practice for 2 weeks, too.  I also don't see why everyone is so head over heels about his game against the Steelers.  The statline looks nice but the game was never even remotely close. 

He made way more nice plays than he should have against the Steelers. He had good pocket presence and mobility most of the game and made some difficult throws. It wasn't just from the Steelers playing off either. It's more troubling to know that he does still suck and the Steelers just couldn't contain him very well. Steelers D has had some good performances though so I'm not sure why we were so off against the Browns.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 06:07 PM)6andcounting Wrote: He made way more nice plays than he should have against the Steelers. He had good pocket presence and mobility most of the game and made some difficult throws. It wasn't just from the Steelers playing off either. It's more troubling to know that he does still suck and the Steelers just couldn't contain him very well. Steelers D has had some good performances though so I'm not sure why we were so off against the Browns.

I suppose he had some "wow" factor to his performance as long as keeping the game even remotely competitive isn't part of his job requirement.  Johnny Fartball has a win against a Titans team that is vying for the 1st overall pick this time, and he threw for nearly 400 yards in a game he had no chance of winning.  Sounds like he's the next Matt Stafford!
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 06:32 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I suppose he had some "wow" factor to his performance as long as keeping the game even remotely competitive isn't part of his job requirement.  Johnny Fartball has a win against a Titans team that is vying for the 1st overall pick this time, and he threw for nearly 400 yards in a game he had no chance of winning.  Sounds like he's the next Matt Stafford!

I liked his TD run that was ruled short and couldn't be overturned because someone was standing in front of the goal line camera.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 06:43 PM)6andcounting Wrote: I liked his TD run that was ruled short and couldn't be overturned because someone was standing in front of the goal line camera.

It's all moot.  They'll just throw Card-fail Jones into the fire next year.  Rinse and repeat.  The real question is are Chip Kelly's Eagles going to roll with Krapernick or Johnny Fartball next year?
Reply/Quote