Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jon Brown
(08-18-2018, 11:58 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I also think the FO is attempting to get Brown exposure so that he has a chance to play in the NFL.  

Right. Because all FO think "how can we possibly make other teams better without improving ours".
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 12:11 AM)Millhouse Wrote: True and/or hopes he does good and stashes him on the ps. Then when a team needs a kicker which will happen, they get compensated if he gets picked up.

There's no compensation for a player being signed away from your practice squad.  Sure would be nice though, maybe getting something for Jake Elliot...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 12:16 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: There's no compensation for a player being signed away from your practice squad.  Sure would be nice though, maybe getting something for Jake Elliot...

Ahh ok, thought they got a late round draft pick or something. Thinking of something else then.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 12:13 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: When we are in the SB this year, if we lose by 3, I’m gonna be upset.

Or if the Bengals are needing a 50 yard kick to make the playoffs.   
I think Bullock's career average is about 82% but he was 90% last year.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 12:14 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: My fear is that Bullock doesn't perform well or suffers a set back of some sort and Brown is with another team.  

In that case it might be like Jake Elliott all over again.  Brown goes to another team, kicks a few 50 yard field goals, maybe even a long range game winner and everyone will be asking why the Bengals let him go instead of Bullock. Then debate it for the next 15 years every time a Bengals kicker is mentioned. haha :)

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Why have a kicking competition when you have a guy like Randy Bullock on your squad?
Reply/Quote
I call BS Brown is clearly there guy( watch him get cut tomorrow just to spite me).
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 12:57 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Why have a kicking competition when you have a guy like Randy Bullock on your squad?

Think Brown has forced the issue. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 12:30 AM)George Cantstandya Wrote: In that case it might be like Jake Elliott all over again.  Brown goes to another team, kicks a few 50 yard field goals, maybe even a long range game winner and everyone will be asking why the Bengals let him go instead of Bullock. Then debate it for the next 15 years every time a Bengals kicker is mentioned.  haha :)

The difference is Jake Elliott flat out lost the kicker competition last year. Jon Brown would likely be winning if there was a kicker competition this year. But apparently he isn't even being considered. 

More brilliance from Marv and Co  Whatever
Reply/Quote
Brown is the better kicker. This is why the Bengals cannot get over the hump if Marvin’s comments are what they appear and Bullock is the kicker. Take the risk and keep Brown

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Dude's got a leg. No doubt about it. That 55 yd. FG was beautiful, and those kicks through the back of the end zone were equally impressive.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
They're keeping him around to bring him in if an injury happens to Bullock and as a possible replacement next year. I wouldn't be surprised to see him possibly signed to the practice squad since we get Bohringer what essentially adds to a bonus practice squad spot. I think they want to see Brown do it on a consistent basis because his leg is out of this world.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 12:14 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: My fear is that Bullock doesn't perform well or suffers a set back of some sort and Brown is with another team.  

interesting mine is the opposite view,, we overreact cut Bullock, keep a kicker with really no experience or under real game pressure, Bullock gets picked up by another team and we are stuck with a bad kicker. 
Reply/Quote
John Brown: the new face of the Cincinnati Bengals!
I heard he can kick field goals from 85 yards into a stiff December breeze!

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 09:38 AM)Bronxbengal Wrote: Brown is the better kicker.  This is why the Bengals cannot get over the hump if Marvin’s comments are what they appear and Bullock is the kicker.  Take the risk and keep Brown

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neal Rackers had a leg too.. Bullock is the better kicker, Brown has a stronger leg, im keeping the better kicker
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2018, 11:47 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: That's what I don't get. If there is no competition why was Brown doing all the kicking? 

Save Bullocks leg for the season, and get Brown some exposure so  he has a chance to play somewhere. Decent thing to do....
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2018, 11:32 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Sorry to inform fans of Jon Brown.  According to Marvin Lewis:
"There is not kicking competition"

Maybe he meant to say "There is not an eating competition" because Jon would clearly not stand a chance against Fat Randy.
Reply/Quote
If you all didn't see it, watch the replay of his 55 yard FG. It isn't just how it hit the back wall, about 10 yards past the goal post, but how easy he swung his leg and crushed that ball. Looked like someone chipping on a green from 50 yards out. Amazing.

Don't let this kid go. Fat Randy was on the scrap heap for a reason. He might have won the so-called competition vs. Elliott last year, but he sure as hell hasn't won the competition vs. Brown this year.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 11:55 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: If you all didn't see it, watch the replay of his 55 yard FG.  It isn't just how it hit the back wall, about 10 yards past the goal post, but how easy he swung his leg and crushed that ball.  Looked like someone chipping on a green from 50 yards out.  Amazing.

Don't let this kid go. Fat Randy was on the scrap heap for a reason.  He might have won the so-called competition vs. Elliott last year, but he sure as hell hasn't won the competition vs. Brown this year.

I didn't get to see the FG as NFLN kept cutting away to Mariuchi at the desk.  However, Bengals.com made mention that he missed it the first time, but the officials blew it dead in the air.
Reply/Quote
If Brown clearly is better then you take Brown.

If Bullock is better then he should win.

Not at practice so do not know. But in games Brown looks better at everything so far.

Do we save any money to help sign another OL if this move is made ?

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote