Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jon Gruden was at PBS?
Sorry to disappoint anyone who thought there would be a link or whatever, but is there any truth to this comment I saw on PFT? =

“Gruden was at Paul Brown Stadium during the week right before the info came out about Marvin Lewis leaving. Not saying he is going to the Bengals, but it is very curious right after that it was coming out about Lewis being gone and Gruden making a comeback……and he is a Dayton, OH alumni. Those are all facts and there has been nothing really said about Koetter being fired”
Reply/Quote
do you think its a possibility that he was at PBS a week before the news broke, because maybe, just maybe he commentated the mnf game here? you think that is a possibility or no....? asking for a friend.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2017, 05:00 PM)Gohards Wrote: do you think its a possibility that he was at PBS a week before the news broke, because maybe, just maybe he commentated the mnf game here? you think that is a possibility or no....? asking for a friend.

That certainly makes sense. I guess I got a false sense of hope when I read that comment. I should have known better considering there wasn’t a story. O well. Have a nice day
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2017, 05:00 PM)Gohards Wrote: do you think its a possibility that he was at PBS a week before the news broke, because maybe, just maybe he commentated the mnf game here? you think that is a possibility or no....? asking for a friend.

He did the game here on the 4th.  The news broke a couple weeks after that.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2017, 05:08 PM)McC Wrote: He did the game here on the 4th.  The news broke a couple weeks after that.

BURN
Reply/Quote

Your friend sounds like an asshole. Mellow

Ninja

ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I once drove through Charlotte North Carolina. I guess that means I'm going to be the new team owner of the Panthers..  Ninja
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2017, 05:12 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Your friend sounds like an asshole. Mellow

Ninja

ThumbsUp

I was going to say douchebag, but asshole is pretty accurate too.

Back on topic, I’m not getting my hopes up since Mikey is still in charge but, how awesome would it be get a big name like that here? I realize he hasn’t coached in a decade, but maybe he could change the culture around here
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2017, 05:15 PM)Captain Happy Pants Wrote: I was going to say douchebag, but asshole is pretty accurate too.

Back on topic, I’m not getting my hopes up since Mikey is still in charge but, how awesome would it be get a big name like that here?  I realize he hasn’t coached in a decade, but maybe he could change the culture around here

It would be really impressive. However, I think a lot of people underestimate how attractive this job COULD be. I hear a lot of analysts say the same thing.

Sounds like he's going to Tampa anyways.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2017, 05:15 PM)grampahol Wrote: I once drove through Charlotte North Carolina. I guess that means I'm going to be the new team owner of the Panthers..  Ninja

What’s up with you guys on this board? Did someone piss in your Cheerios this morning?
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2017, 05:20 PM)Captain Happy Pants Wrote: What’s up with you guys on this board?  Did someone piss in your Cheerios this morning?

Sorry, I had fried potatoes and eggs over medium..I don't care for floaty cereal..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2017, 04:46 PM)Captain Happy Pants Wrote: Sorry to disappoint anyone who thought there would be a link or whatever, but is there any truth to this comment I saw on PFT? =

“Gruden was at Paul Brown Stadium during the week right before the info came out about Marvin Lewis leaving. Not saying he is going to the Bengals, but it is very curious right after that it was coming out about Lewis being gone and Gruden making a comeback……and he is a Dayton, OH alumni. Those are all facts and there has been nothing really said about Koetter being fired”

Lot of indications Jon Gruden is coming back to the NFL...   Ive seen things saying hes getting a staff together... 

(espn wants him to take a pay cut.. which might be the driving force)   Ive also seen if hes returning the Bucs and the Lions will persue hard.  

Would love it here especially now it seems Jay is staying in Washington.    But you shouldn't get excited over it as a possibility till the bengals announce it.  (which the announcement on marvin will have to come first)
Reply/Quote
I read this as Jay Gruden being seen at PBS, so I thought it might actually mean something. Yeah, Jon Gruden coming out of retirement so he can hear Mike Brown explain why the Bengals can't have a GM or o-line or blah blah blah seems rather unlikely.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2017, 05:53 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I read this as Jay Gruden being seen at PBS, so I thought it might actually mean something.  Yeah, Jon Gruden coming out of retirement so he can hear Mike Brown explain why the Bengals can't have a GM or o-line or blah blah blah seems rather unlikely.

If rumors or speculations hold true we might have a GM by end of January..... A name everyone knows and loves.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2017, 05:54 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: If rumors or speculations hold true we might have a GM by end of January..... A name everyone knows and loves.

Who Marvin?  If Marvin "is the GM" I'd bet my left nut that it just means he's going to be the HC and Mike Brown will promise to let him have more say in the draft...but, time will tell.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2017, 05:54 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: If rumors or speculations hold true we might have a GM by end of January..... A name everyone knows and loves.

Actually wouldn't mind Marvin as GM if Jon Gruden was named HC. Won't happen, but wouldn't hate it.
Reply/Quote

And this new GM's first coaching hire will be .............. Marvin Lewis as Head Coach.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2017, 06:03 PM)PhilHos Wrote: And this new GM's first coaching hire will be .............. Marvin Lewis as Head Coach.  Ninja

Marvin's second act as GM would probably be to ship John Ross off to the CFL for a quart of maple syrup.
Reply/Quote
Well If Jon comes back it looks like it wont be tampa. of course anything said right now could just be smoke screen. (except todd bowles who received an extenstion in NY)

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/29/report-buccaneers-tell-dirk-koetter-hes-safe-for-2018/
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2017, 06:08 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Marvin's second act as GM would probably be to ship John Ross off to the CFL for a quart of maple syrup.

J. Owcszarski: "Merv, why did you send Ross off for syrup?"

Merv: "It was a quart of syrup."

J. Owcszarski: "Ookay, why did you send Ross off for a quart of syrup."

Merv: "I was hunkerin' for some flapjacks."

J. Owcszarski: "Yes, but why Ross."

Merv: "He did some good things, but he can't cover my flapjacks like Canadian syrup can."

J. Owcszarski: "Are you serious?"

Merv: "*giggle*Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee*giggle*ClapCLAPCLAP*LET'S GO!'
Reply/Quote