Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Jonah Williams Debut
What were you thoughts on Jonah Williams debut ? I only noticed Hart stinking all game and forgot about Jonah which I think is a good thing. It’s critical for this franchises that Williams is a good LT.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 10:32 PM)lone bengal Wrote: What were you thoughts on Jonah Williams debut ? I only noticed Hart stinking all game and forgot about Jonah which I think is a good thing. It’s critical for this franchises that Williams is a good LT.

Jonah got beat like a drum on a few first quarter plays but he adjusted like a seasoned pro and played a solid game the rest of the way. He’s going to be very good.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 10:35 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Jonah got beat like a drum on a few first quarter plays but he adjusted like a seasoned pro and played a solid game the rest of the way. He’s going to be very good.

Thanks for the insight I live in New England and got rid of Sunday ticket a few years ago. I found a stream online but was constantly battling pop up adds and viruses, had a tough time focusing.
Reply/Quote
Seemed like he was okay after awhile. Probably helped that Bosa was busy focusing on the RT.

Really hoping that Jonah becomes a decade+ LT for the Bengals.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Rough start but when not on Bosa, he locked the left side down pretty well.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
There's 2 guys that really suffered from having no preseason: Burrow and Jonah.

Both showed me enough resolve today that they are going to be cornerstones of this offense for years to come.
Reply/Quote
I agree with the rest of the comments. He really got thumped early on but as the game progressed, he was playing much better. I watched him in the first quarter, along with most of the third and all of the fourth. He played very well in the third and fourth quarter, which makes me feel good. I am really hoping this continues because Cincinnati needs to hit on a first round lineman.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 11:34 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: There's 2 guys that really suffered from having no preseason: Burrow and Jonah.

Both showed me enough resolve today that they are going to be cornerstones of this offense for years to come.

Not only no preseason, but barely any time with AJ and Ross. And it showed. Burrow will get his timing with those two down (at least AJ) with more reps.

Reply/Quote
I've only watched replays, but it looked like he got better as the game went on.
Reply/Quote
Jonah had problems early but settled down and looked pretty good later on. Considering he had no season last year and little practice and no preseason this year he was okay. Hart was the big problem.
Reply/Quote
I'm sure he'll be fine, but he gave up a sack to Uchenna Nwosu, who is frankly a mediocre NFL rotational player. Nothing special.

Also on that sack by Jerry Tillery when Burrow rolled out right, it was a hard inside charge by Bosa that flushed Burrow out. Might as well have been Bosa's sack, as Tillery didn't do that much on the play, as I saw it at least.

I do have faith that he'll progress, but we also shouldn't sugarcoat his performance today just because he's "not Bobby Hart."
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 10:39 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Thanks for the insight I live in New England and got rid of Sunday ticket a few years ago. I found a stream online but was constantly battling pop up adds and viruses, had a tough time focusing.

Get firefox browser and pop up and ad blockers.
Reply/Quote
IIRC, didn't Andrew Whitworth have a rough first game at Tackle when he moved from Guard? Or am I thinking of Levi Jones?
Reply/Quote