Jonah Williams Requests Trade
Jonah's money would get us Gardner Johnson
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 06:20 PM)pulses Wrote: Jonah's money would get us Gardner Johnson

Or Dalton Schultz. 

And then some. 
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 06:20 PM)pulses Wrote: Jonah's money would get us Gardner Johnson

If you are saying for a one year deal, yes as Jonah is a FA in 2024 right now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 06:09 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Hope a trade happens quickly so they can spend that money on any potential free agents they want to take a crack at.

Are there any free agents worth the money still out there? Not sure if it messes the money thing up. But I'd draft a RT and then try and do a player for player trade in camp. Hopefully one we failed to address in the draft.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 06:32 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Are there any free agents worth the money still out there? Not sure if it messes the money thing up. But I'd draft a RT and then try and do a player for player trade in camp. Hopefully one we failed to address in the draft.

Gardner and Schultz I'd pay for personally. 
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
I'm very happy with this news, I posted on here a long while ago that we needed to move on from the Jonah Williams experiment as he isn't a very good LT
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 11:53 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I like having him on the team for OL depth while competing for a job but I'd also be okay if he is traded immediately for a draft pick. I'd imagine interest in him and his value is low. 4th or 5th rounder at best?

I wouldn't bother, he's not gonna pass a medical atm. Wait til he's cleared then make a decision. He could be someone we trade before the in-season deadline hits. That's probably when we'd be able to get best value for him, when a competing team loses a LT.. (Like KC?) Hahahaah
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 03:07 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: A 7th rounder for a realtivetly cheap LT with the potential to be above average? 

Bruh.

The reason I said it was 1) Jonah might refuse to play RT, 2) *cheap* is relative - it's $12.6 mill, which could go a long way toward another FA or two (or three), and 3) he might just flat out be bad at RT after not playing there for 5+ years.

Do I think he'd fetch more than a 7th rounder? Of course I do. I was being dramatic.
Do I think it'd be a 1st or even 2nd rounder for basically just a year loan and $12.6 mill for the new team to take on? Not necessarily.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I would be surprised if we get a 3rd for him because of the position we're in. We need the cap space more than we need Jonah, and that's a recipe for us to get low balled
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 06:33 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Gardner and Schultz I'd pay for personally. 

Doubt it is legal for a fan to pay a players salary.  Also doubt the players would accept LaRosa’s Buddy Cards and Skyline coupons as payment.   Tongue Ninja

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 07:09 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Doubt it is legal for a fan to pay a players salary.  Also doubt the players would accept LaRosa’s Buddy Cards and Skyline coupons as payment.   Tongue Ninja

True.... I'm cheaper than Mike Brown.

They'd be playing for peanuts 
Reply/Quote
When I saw the news today at work, I immediately thought this thread would be absolutely savage to him. But I'm happily surprised the majority seem to have taken the high road in regards to this. Personally, I never felt he had the highest ceiling but a line could succeed if he were the weakest link. On the other hand, a team would sink if he were the top talent. This was one of the reasons I wanted to keep Spain, as he was able to do his job and allow Jonah to do his effectively. I still feel that loss impacted Jonah last year right out of the gate, and then the injuries prevented him from ever getting back to par once Volson started to get his legs under him. WIth all that said, I thank him for gutting it out last season with first dislocated knee cap, and wish him well at his next destination. As he is clearly not in the teams plans beyond an insurance policy, start getting offers and move him before or during the draft and try to utilize that cap space in an extension for Higgins.
Reply/Quote
We would likely get a 3. A starter with a former round 1 grade is unlikely to only fetch a 7.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 06:33 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Gardner and Schultz I'd pay for personally. 

Yeah they would be worth it. I was also just seeing Foster Moreau is visiting and I didn't realize he played with Burrow at LSU in 2018. He seems like he would be a good sign and probably not terribly expensive either. 
Any ideas on teams you think would be interested in Jonah? I wonder what kind of numbers he'd be looking for in a 2nd contract. 
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 07:27 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Yeah they would be worth it. I was also just seeing Foster Moreau is visiting and I didn't realize he played with Burrow at LSU in 2018. He seems like he would be a good sign and probably not terribly expensive either. 
Any ideas on teams you think would be interested in Jonah? I wonder what kind of numbers he'd be looking for in a 2nd contract. 

Rams, Bears and Steelers come to mind. 
Reply/Quote
Bye felicia
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 07:36 PM)ah5 Wrote: Bye felicia
That being said he probably can't pass a physical even if someone wanted him.... He's average at best at LT.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 07:02 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The reason I said it was 1) Jonah might refuse to play RT, 2) *cheap* is relative - it's $12.6 mill, which could go a long way toward another FA or two (or three), and 3) he might just flat out be bad at RT after not playing there for 5+ years.

Do I think he'd fetch more than a 7th rounder? Of course I do. I was being dramatic.
Do I think it'd be a 1st or even 2nd rounder for basically just a year loan and $12.6 mill for the new team to take on? Not necessarily.

Do the Giants have another BJ Hill type player they want to trade?
Reply/Quote
I doubt we could get anything for Jonah, but the bonus is if someone wants him they know they just can't wait until we cut him as they do for so many players.

One dream scenario is Tennesse just asked Kevin Byard to take a pay cut and he said nope. Also, the Titans parted ways with Lewan earlier. Now if we could trade Jonah for Byard it'd cost us around $7 MIL in cap this year.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I could see us getting a player if there’s a team with o line need with someone they can get rid of. Does Chicago have anyone interesting we could take
Reply/Quote