Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Jonah Williams Requests Trade
(03-22-2023, 01:39 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I don't know....Jonah +, probably, but Pitts is coming off an injury and has been completely ignored in Atlanta.

I'd bet more teams would rather have the RT than the 2023 Kyle Pitts.

Granted, I agree we'd win the trade, but the Falcons have hideously managed that commodity.

Isn’t it crazy Atlanta passed on chase? It’s like chase wasn’t even in their consideration, it was always Pitts.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 03:44 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: it's an ESPN ideal scenario thing. 
I'm not sure it's even true.

Becton played in 1 game over the past 2 years because of injuries.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 03:10 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I hope this is just a rumor.  Would rather have a decent draft pick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm gonna go out on the proverbial limb and say I'd do a one to one trade. Maybe even give conditionals? 

Becton needs a new scenery and still lowers the cap hit. The ONE year he did play, it was for Pollack so at least he has someone that can comment on his ability.

I look at it this way, he will be healthy to start the season (assuming he doesn't have Eifert luck) and he's on a final year so it doesn't preclude us from getting any OTs in the draft we like. Even if he gets hurt, you have to hope it'll be late enough for LC to return.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 03:22 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: Isn’t it crazy Atlanta passed on chase? It’s like chase wasn’t even in their consideration, it was always Pitts.

If you check  back to the time of the draft with Chase, you will find some on this board that were advocating for Pitts over Chase. That is, once you weed through all the Sewell over Chase and "the Bengals are idiots if they pick Chase with Sewell available."
Reply/Quote
It is not even a rumor, it is just pure made up crap from ESPN.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 03:51 PM)Nepa Wrote: If you check  back to the time of the draft with Chase, you will find some on this board that were advocating for Pitts over Chase. That is, once you weed through all the Sewell over Chase and "the Bengals are idiots if they pick Chase with Sewell available."

What would pitts numbers be like with Burrow compared to Chase with (whoever their QB is or was)

Things we will never know
Reply/Quote
If the Jets kid is a RT i cannot imagine a better scenario. Unless of course he sucks

Then I’d rather just get a 3rd
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 05:44 PM)Housh Wrote: If the Jets kid is a RT i cannot imagine a better scenario. Unless of course he sucks

He's only played 1 game in the last 2 years, but did have a 74.4 grade as a rookie...for whatever that's worth.
Reply/Quote
Becton is all about potential. If we're complaining about jonahs durability, then Becton should be looked at in a very negative light.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 05:44 PM)Housh Wrote: If the Jets kid is a RT i cannot imagine a better scenario. Unless of course he sucks

Becton played LT as a rookie.  He was a complete stud as a rookie, but has only played one game the last two seasons due to injury.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 03:51 PM)Nepa Wrote: If you check  back to the time of the draft with Chase, you will find some on this board that were advocating for Pitts over Chase. That is, once you weed through all the Sewell over Chase and "the Bengals are idiots if they pick Chase with Sewell available."

I was one; Pitts was a unicorn. Wonder what Chase would look like having Mariotta, Ridder, and a washed-up Matt Ryan throwing to him?

Folks hold lack of TDs against Pitts. Is that really his fault?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

I remember quite well. But I’m shocked Atlanta didn’t even consider chase, it seems like they were always gonna go Pitts.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 05:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I was one; Pitts was a unicorn. Wonder what Chase would look like having Mariotta, Ridder, and a washed-up Matt Ryan throwing to him?

Folks hold lack of TDs against Pitts. Is that really his fault?

The argument was that they already had Higgins and Boyd so they didn’t need another WR. They made the right choice because all things being equal the stud WR is a better pick than the stud TE.
Who knows how good Kelce would be if the Chiefs had Justin Jefferson and Tee Higgins? He just wouldn’t get nearly the number of targets that he does. He’d still be great but wouldn’t have those stats.

Sure Chase greatly benefits from being on the Bengals but he was the better pick for sure. Pitts reminds me a little of Vernon Davis - another freak athlete who was supposed to be a unicorn TE. He was a good player who had a few great seasons but it’s guys like Kittle and Kelce who are the HOFers.

I will always be thankful to Atlanta for taking the wrong guy.
Reply/Quote
Drafting a TE to run WR routes - what is the expected production difference vs. drafting a WR? Still has the potential to be a great TE but that was a boneheaded draft pick. I don't think its fair to judge him based on last season though - sounds like the team is poorly run/terrible offense.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 06:15 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: The argument was that they already had Higgins and Boyd so they didn’t need another WR.  They made the right choice because all things being equal the stud WR is a better pick than the stud TE.
Who knows how good Kelce would be if the Chiefs had Justin Jefferson and Tee Higgins?  He just wouldn’t get nearly the number of targets that he does. He’d still be great but wouldn’t have those stats.  

Sure Chase greatly benefits from being on the Bengals but he was the better pick for sure.  Pitts reminds me a little of Vernon Davis - another freak athlete who was supposed to be a unicorn TE. He was a good player who had a few great seasons but it’s guys like Kittle and Kelce who are the HOFers.

I will always be thankful to Atlanta for taking the wrong guy.

The argument wasn't that they didn't need another WR. It was that they needed OL to protect their surgically repaired QB MORE than they needed another WR. 

Burrow had just gotten his knee rebuilt because of a season where he had terrible protection getting sacked 32 times in 10 games and the Bengals were going into the 2021 season with an OL of...

Jonah Williams (coming off being on the IR in both of his 2 NFL seasons)
Quinton Spain (out of the NFL after 2021)
Trey Hopkins (out of the NFL after 2021)
Xavier Su'a-Filo (out of the NFL after 2021)
Riley Reiff (33-year-old who was injured for 6 straight years)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 05:31 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: It is not even a rumor, it is just pure made up crap from ESPN.

I really despise articles like that.  They make it out to be a reasonable possibility.  Anyone with half a brain can tell the rumor is about as valid as some shit I'd make up at a fantasy draft.  
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2023, 06:21 PM)clawsout Wrote: ......Thoughts on a trade with N E for Jonah ?.......we get a 4th.....AND Reiff........Reiff would give us solid depth....plus the 4th....

Reiff is a solid but not great player.   He would be good depth but at 5 million?  That's too much.  If the Bengals had wanted Reiff they could have went after him as a free agent this year before New England signed him.   I think the Bengals will look to other options.   I will say Reiff was a valuable part of the team in their 2021 Super Bowl run.  Its too bad he didnt get to play in the Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 02:53 PM)bengals67 Wrote: They should tell people no trade without a mid to low 1 and then settle for a 2.

There is no reason for the bengals to trade him if they don’t get enough value back to replace him in draft. That might be using our 1 for a RT and two 2s for a TE and CB.

He is going to play hard in a contract year or his value will be nothing next year.
If someone is dumb enough to trade a second they must be really desperate. Ide be stoked if we got anything for him.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 08:01 PM)ah5 Wrote: If someone is dumb enough to trade a second they must be really desperate.  Ide be stoked if we got anything for him.

No not really. He is not a terrible LT but he has struggled with injuries. He is a middle of the road LT but if you do not have a LT that certainly holds some value. To make out otherwise is just silly.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 08:18 PM)OSUfan Wrote: No not really. He is not a terrible LT but he has struggled with injuries. He is a middle of the road LT but if you do not have a LT that certainly holds some value. To make out otherwise is just silly.

That's the issue. Supposedly not many teams need a LT now. And not many have cap space.

So to trade a decent pick, they'd want to extend him...and with his injury history...I doubt that happens.
Reply/Quote