Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Jonah Williams Requests Trade
(04-30-2023, 03:47 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: It could be Katie Blackburns nephew. It could be Brian Callahan’s brother. It could be Duke Tobin’s sister. It could be Zac Taylor’s twin brother. It could be Joe Burrow’s Dad. It could be Joe Mixon. Okay I roomed with Marian Hobby in college. But whether it’s one of those or not it’s just as good or better.

It’s just as good or better than being wrong?
Reply/Quote
Buc's Seem to have 2 right Tackles and need a left.

Would you flip Johan for Wirfs? (both on 5th year option) Although Wilfs might require us to send more compensation Mid/Late pick maybe?

of course the bucs would need to be interested
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2023, 09:18 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Buc's Seem to have 2 right Tackles and need a left.

Would you flip Johan for Wilfs?   (both on 5th year option)   Although Wilfs might require us to send more compensation Mid/Late pick maybe?

of course the bucs would need to be interested

Wirfs?

He's a pro bowl tackle, ain't no way the Bucs are moving him.
Reply/Quote
Jonah is staying and will be here. Just like Ekeler and Baker elsewhere who wanted trades.

The only way we were going to move him was if we bagged a plug & play RT in FA or in the draft. That didn't happen. If Collins was healthy or if Carman leveling up was a certainty, then maybe we recalibrate. And that coukd still happen. But we post both tackles last year, I think having 4 competent OTs is not going to be viewed as a problem by the team.
Reply/Quote
per Alber Breer

https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/05/03/nfl-draft-mailbag-texans-eagles-lions
Quote:From Alex Sullivan (@Alex_Sullivan11): Are the Bengals still shopping Jonah Williams?

Alex, they’re not. And if they weren’t going to do it before the draft, my feeling is they won’t do it at all. To me, there are teams (like, say, New England) that could really use him. But unless you’re talking about giving Cincinnati a second-round pick for Williams, it doesn’t make sense for the Bengals to move him, because if he plays well for them in the fall, they’ll get that year of service from him at a trouble spot (and insurance on La’el Collins working his way back from a torn ACL), and potentially a third- or fourth-round comp pick in 2025.
As for where Williams is at, he’s still rehabbing from knee surgery out in California. He’s close to being ready to do football drills, and while there’d be some question as to when he’ll be fully cleared for actual full-contact work, he’s certainly expecting to be full go for training camp. His plan, for now, is to go to Ohio for the mandatory stuff—starting with the full-squad minicamp next month. And the Bengals expect to have him, for the time being, in there as their starting right tackle, opposite newcomer Orlando Brown Jr.

A number of factors played into Williams’s trade request, with the position switch (from left tackle to right) being one and the lack of communication from the team on that switch before signing Brown to a big free-agent deal. For what it’s worth, I do think Williams is in a little better place with the team now than he was a month ago, and I think the Bengals will get a good year out of him, assuming no one comes in and throws big capital at Cincinnati (which could happen if there’s an injury with another team) to get him.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2023, 06:57 PM)pally Wrote: per Alber Breer

https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/05/03/nfl-draft-mailbag-texans-eagles-lions

Said it all along... Jonah's going nowhere. The Carson Palmer trade offer was too good to pass up, but they were content to let him rot. Nobody is offering that for Williams. Carlos Dunlap had to get physical to get traded.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Jonah's going to try to do his best. If he doesn't he knows his value on the open market next year will be nothing. It's either do his best or be willing to take a huge haircut and play next season for a lousy team for very little money..  It's not like he gains anything by doing anything less. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2023, 05:31 PM)grampahol Wrote: Jonah's going to try to do his best. If he doesn't he knows his value on the open market next year will be nothing. It's either do his best or be willing to take a huge haircut and play next season for a lousy team for very little money..  It's not like he gains anything by doing anything less. 

They did try to shop him and two teams were interested. Jacksonville was one but the two couldn’t make a deal work. Finally the Jags decided to go the draft route. It was reported. Did they want to shop him? If they could get a 3 or better. Actually it was Jonah who came around. It’ll help depth wise immensely.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(05-06-2023, 06:30 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: They did try to shop him and two teams were interested. Jacksonville was one but the two couldn’t make a deal work. Finally the Jags decided to go the draft route. It was reported. Did they want to shop him? If they could get a 3 or better. Actually it was Jonah who came around. It’ll help depth wise immensely.

i mean, this was always the most likely outcome, for my money. 

A big time offer (2nd rounder) was always unlikely, especially coming off injury,,with 1 year left, at $12.6, and given the year he had. We did due dilligence. But we were not looking to sell no matter what. 

Jonah HAD to come around. Sitting out would cost him a ton more money than playing RT. 

Absent a plug & play guy falling into our laps (Wright), the team is stronger with Jonah here. 

Put those 3 together, and we are where we are. 
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2023, 07:33 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: i mean, this was always the most likely outcome, for my money. 

A big time offer (2nd rounder) was always unlikely, especially coming off injury,,with 1 year left, at $12.6, and given the year he had. We did due dilligence. But we were not looking to sell no matter what. 

Jonah HAD to come around. Sitting out would cost him a ton more money than playing RT. 

Absent a plug & play guy falling into our laps (Wright), the team is stronger with Jonah here. 

Put those 3 together, and we are where we are. 

I know they like him a lot. Probably tried to do him a solid one by trading him. But either they decided not to be Santa Claus or he came around. I haven’t heard.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(05-06-2023, 06:30 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: They did try to shop him and two teams were interested. Jacksonville was one but the two couldn’t make a deal work. Finally the Jags decided to go the draft route. It was reported. Did they want to shop him? If they could get a 3 or better. Actually it was Jonah who came around. It’ll help depth wise immensely.

(05-06-2023, 07:46 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I know they like him a lot. Probably tried to do him a solid one by trading him. But either they decided not to be Santa Claus or he came around. I haven’t heard.

You claimed they would trade him during the draft. Obviously, they didn’t. Then you claimed the Bengals had a deal with the Jags. Then you admitted they didn’t have a deal. Then you claimed the Jags decided that wait until after the draft. Then you claimed the Jags decided to go the draft route. Then you claimed it was Jonah Williams that came around. And then in back to back posts you admitted you don’t know if Jonah came around or not because you hadn’t heard anything.

With that much flip flopping you should go into politics. But, usually, the truth doesn’t change that many times.
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2023, 01:34 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: You claimed they would trade him during the draft. Obviously, they didn’t. Then you claimed the Bengals had a deal with the Jags. Then you admitted they didn’t have a deal. Then you claimed the Jags decided that wait until after the draft. Then you claimed the Jags decided to go the draft route. Then you claimed it was Jonah Williams that came around. And then in back to back posts you admitted you don’t know if Jonah came around or not because you hadn’t heard anything.

With that much flip flopping you should go into politics. But, usually, the truth doesn’t change that many times.

Well it was evolving. Imagine that! I’ll try not to confuse you next time. I’ll make this easy. They had 2 suitors for Jonah. One was the Jags. They couldn’t agree on the compensation. As the draft neared the Jags just decided to wait until after. They drafted Anton Harrison at 27. They no longer were interested. I’ve not heard definitively if Jonah came around but it sure looks that way. Feel free to hit me up if that needs more clarification.

Reply/Quote
(05-08-2023, 02:42 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Well it was evolving. Imagine that! I’ll try not to confuse you next time. I’ll make this easy. They had 2 suitors for Jonah. One was the Jags. They couldn’t agree on the compensation. As the draft neared the Jags just decided to wait until after. They drafted Anton Harrison at 27. They no longer were interested. I’ve not heard definitively if Jonah came around but it sure looks that way. Feel free to hit me up if that needs more clarification.

Most of your story evolved over the past two days. Bless your heart.
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2023, 07:51 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Most of your story evolved over the past two days. Bless your heart.

Mine didn’t Jonah’s did.

Reply/Quote
(05-08-2023, 07:51 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Most of your story evolved over the past two days. Bless your heart.

I promise when I hear any more I’ll message you.

Reply/Quote
(05-08-2023, 07:53 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Mine didn’t Jonah’s did.

BS. It took you a grand total of 76 minutes today to directly contradict yourself claiming it was Williams that came around to admitting you didn’t know because you hadn’t heard.

The situation didn’t evolve. Your story changed. Just one example.

Bless your heart.
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2023, 08:03 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I promise when I hear any more I’ll message you.

(05-06-2023, 07:46 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I know they like him a lot. Probably tried to do him a solid one by trading him. But either they decided not to be Santa Claus or he came around. I haven’t heard.

I think you mean you’ll message me when you hear anything because like you yourself wrote, you haven’t heard.
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2023, 12:54 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: BS. It took you a grand total of 76 minutes today to directly contradict yourself claiming it was Williams that came around to admitting you didn’t know because you hadn’t heard.

The situation didn’t evolve. Your story changed. Just one example.

Bless your heart.

Okay

Reply/Quote
(05-09-2023, 01:03 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I think you mean you’ll message me when you hear anything because like you yourself wrote, you haven’t heard.

Ten Four

Reply/Quote
(05-08-2023, 01:34 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: You claimed they would trade him during the draft. Obviously, they didn’t. Then you claimed the Bengals had a deal with the Jags. Then you admitted they didn’t have a deal. Then you claimed the Jags decided that wait until after the draft. Then you claimed the Jags decided to go the draft route. Then you claimed it was Jonah Williams that came around. And then in back to back posts you admitted you don’t know if Jonah came around or not because you hadn’t heard anything.

Hope this helps and I messaged several ( I think Ochocincos) before it broke. I messaged Benzoo2 and Isaac Curtis on 4/18

Reply/Quote