Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jonah Williams rehab
(05-10-2021, 07:09 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Glad that Jonah is making progress in a positive direction.  However, this news is neither good or encouraging.  When your team's young LT is recovering from surgery, for the 2nd year in a row, after appearing in a total of 10 games in two seasons?  It might be time to plan on keeping a close eye on the free agent market for Tackles..

Taylor said his knee didn't require surgery.  It was a sprain and he could have possibly played the last game or two, but the team shut him down.  We should all be thankful that he wasn't badly injured because it looked ugly when it happened.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2021, 12:24 AM)Whatever Wrote: Taylor said his knee didn't require surgery.  It was a sprain and he could have possibly played the last game or two, but the team shut him down.  We should all be thankful that he wasn't badly injured because it looked ugly when it happened.  

This. People are exaggerating the injury situation with Jonah pretty severely. Yes he lost his rookie season but last season the knee sprain was not as severe as originally thought and they could have brought him back in as early as the Houston game. 
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2021, 12:24 AM)Whatever Wrote: Taylor said his knee didn't require surgery.  It was a sprain and he could have possibly played the last game or two, but the team shut him down.  We should all be thankful that he wasn't badly injured because it looked ugly when it happened.  

The team and those employed by it say a lot of things.  How many times was Tyler Eiftert healed up and ready to go?  How long did they string us along about AJ Green, before we realized that he wasn't going to play that year?

You are free to believe what you want, but I have grown to become skeptical, especially when it comes to player injuries and honest reporting from the team.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2021, 08:41 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: As a Clemson guy, I loved the Carman pick as a guard but I can't stress this enough... don't put him at tackle. Good speed rushers gave him fits with his footwork. Maybe it gets fixed but honestly he just projects better as a full time guard. T.J. Watt would feast on him at tackle. I honestly think if you put him at guard and leave him there he holds down that spot for several years as long as he stays healthy. 

As for Jonah. I would love to be wrong. I'd love for him to live up to the draft spot but the injuries are adding up and each one makes it easier to get hurt again in the future just the nature of the human body especially in a contact sport. 

I don't think Carman is an NFL LT but I would not hesitate to put him in at RT.
Reply/Quote
Who is saying that Williams was recovering from surgery? He did not have surgery during or after the 2020 season. So it would appear these are just regular workouts for him.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2021, 08:00 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The team and those employed by it say a lot of things.  How many times was Tyler Eiftert healed up and ready to go?  How long did they string us along about AJ Green, before we realized that he wasn't going to play that year?

You are free to believe what you want, but I have grown to become skeptical, especially when it comes to player injuries and honest reporting from the team.

It’s just a bone bruise.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2021, 08:00 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The team and those employed by it say a lot of things.  How many times was Tyler Eiftert healed up and ready to go?  How long did they string us along about AJ Green, before we realized that he wasn't going to play that year?

Which is fair.  What is not fair is to to say a guy is recovering from knee surgery when there are no reports that he actually had knee surgery.  
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2021, 09:30 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: It’s just a bone bruise.

The worst kind of injury possible. The entire leg is probably amputated and on ice somewhere in N Korea.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2021, 09:30 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: It’s just a bone bruise.

Joe Mixon is day-to-day.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2021, 09:14 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Joe Mixon is day-to-day.

Ja'Marr Chase goes to the IR before the 8th game of the season.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2021, 01:07 AM)Joelist Wrote: This. People are exaggerating the injury situation with Jonah pretty severely. Yes he lost his rookie season but last season the knee sprain was not as severe as originally thought and they could have brought him back in as early as the Houston game. 

Jonah also could have returned at some point during his rookie season, IIRC, but the team chose to just play it safe and keep him out, as they were on track to get the 1st overall pick anyway
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-12-2021, 10:10 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Jonah also could have returned at some point during his rookie season, IIRC, but the team chose to just play it safe and keep him out, as they were on track to get the 1st overall pick anyway

still untill he completes a full 17 game schedule his health will be a  question mark
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2021, 10:10 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Jonah also could have returned at some point during his rookie season, IIRC, but the team chose to just play it safe and keep him out, as they were on track to get the 1st overall pick anyway

Is that the team's new Mantra, to sandbag for draft position?   Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2021, 10:14 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Is that the team's new Mantra, to sandbag for draft position?   Ninja

For that year, it probably was lol.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-12-2021, 10:09 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Ja'Marr Chase goes to the IR before the 8th game of the season.
Nah, I think he'll be fine. I have a feeling he'll buck the Bengals 1st Round Curse.

Reply/Quote
(05-12-2021, 09:14 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Joe Mixon is day-to-day.

Aren't we all?
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-12-2021, 10:42 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Nah, I think he'll be fine. I have a feeling he'll buck the Bengals 1st Round Curse.

I hope so dude, but you have to admit Bengals fans shouldn't be surprised if he does get hurt.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2021, 11:19 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Good to hear/see.

Also... every time I see a picture of someone doing that platform jump exercise I think of this video from Michael Lorenzen. (If you hit play it'll start right where I was talking about.)

Where'd his tats go?
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2021, 10:14 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Is that the team's new Mantra, to sandbag for draft position?   Ninja

ZT had to change this team's culture, damn it!
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2021, 08:25 PM)BengalRed Wrote: Where'd his tats go?

That video is from 2014, so pretty sure he didn't have them yet. He doesn't have them on his rookie card either from the image search I did.

Reply/Quote