Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jonah Williams
Has anyone heard anything on this guys recovery? He had surgery 14 weeks and 2 days ago. He's on PUP. It takes 4-6 weeks for the bone to reattach itself, and then another 4-6 weeks to get back to full strength. The time has added up, but I've heard no mention of him coming back. Has anyone heard a rumor of anything?

There is NOTHING we can know about this team with the current offensive line. The D can't stay off the field, and the O can't move down the field.
Check out my YouTube Show - The Cincinnati Bengals Genius

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-Ah3dvZ0FG3NyGp4gNBkEA?view_as=subscriber
Reply/Quote
I heard that IF we make it to the Super Bowl...that he might be healthy enough to play.
Reply/Quote
The earliest reasonable return date would be sometime in December and I do not believe that Williams would be in football shape at that point.

If the Bengals continue the projected course that has been displayed in the first 4 weeks, I see no reason to rush him back and risk further injury. Give him an off season to train and hopefully he is a keeper at OT, if not then maybe at guard.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Red shirt season.

Here it comes...

It'll be like having 2 first rounders next year.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 03:12 PM)BengalsGenius Wrote: Has anyone heard anything on this guys recovery? He had surgery 14 weeks and 2 days ago. He's on PUP. It takes 4-6 weeks for the bone to reattach itself, and then another 4-6 weeks to get back to full strength. The time has added up, but I've heard no mention of him coming back. Has anyone heard a rumor of anything?  

There is NOTHING we can know about this team with the current offensive line. The D can't stay off the field, and the O can't move down the field.

well hes not on IR so as soon if he is cleared this season I expect to see him on the field... Now that likely wont be till almost the end of the season though....   
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 03:14 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I heard that IF we make it to the Super Bowl...that he might be healthy enough to play.

LOL. I heard he was home counting the days until his contract is up. 
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 03:37 PM)jason Wrote: Red shirt season.

Here it comes...

Then, IF he struggles...it will be his rookie year!
Reply/Quote

Here it comes...

Like Ogbuehi did a few years back? Why do they continue to draft injured players? 2019: Williams 2018Tonguerice 2017: Ross 2016 :WJ111  2015:  Ogbuehi Fragile players can't stay on the field.  Dennard,Eifert???? If that wasn't bad enough they went and signed Glenn who had a history of being injured. The FO are the biggest joke in the NFL
Reply/Quote

Here it comes...

I remembering others saying that with Ced....

Freakout
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 04:04 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Like Ogbuehi did a few years back? Why do they continue to draft injured players? 2019: Williams 2018Tonguerice 2017: Ross 2016 :WJ111  2015:  Ogbuehi Fragile players can't stay on the field.  Dennard,Eifert???? If that wasn't bad enough they went and signed Glenn who had a history of being injured. The FO are the biggest joke in the NFL

I WOULD hope they do not bring him back this season as we are not going ANYWHERE. Let the guy heal up completely and bring him on next season and lets hope they draft 3 more top lineman.This franchise needs a ton of new players and I believe its going to take 3 years to be ready to take it all and by then I will be so old I won't remember anything, but the babes will still look good.WHO-DEY I HOPE SOMEDAY.
Reply/Quote

Here it comes...

You know the injured player we select in the first next year will be red shirted before training camp starts.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 03:26 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: The earliest reasonable return date would be sometime in December and I do not believe that Williams would be in football shape at that point.  

If the Bengals continue the projected course that has been displayed in the first 4 weeks, I see no reason to rush him back and risk further injury.  Give him an off season to train and hopefully he is a keeper at OT, if not then maybe at guard.

Agree! Ts, I think he can help the oline a ton when he is healthy.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 04:12 PM)TKUHL Wrote: You know the injured player we select in the first next year will be red shirted before training camp starts.

We'll probably get the 1st pick and instead of taking Tua, we'll trade down...draft a player that isn't good, and sign Dalton to a 5 year extension.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 04:16 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We'll probably get the 1st pick and instead of taking Tua, we'll trade down...draft a player that isn't good, and sign Dalton to a 5 year extension.  Hilarious

OH HELL NO!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 04:04 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Like Ogbuehi did a few years back? Why do they continue to draft injured players? 2019: Williams 2018Tonguerice 2017: Ross 2016 :WJ111  2015:  Ogbuehi Fragile players can't stay on the field.  Dennard,Eifert???? If that wasn't bad enough they went and signed Glenn who had a history of being injured. The FO are the biggest joke in the NFL

I think at some point you have to chalk some of that up to bad luck.  As far as I remember Williams, Jackson, Dennard, and Eifert weren't injured when drafted.  Price had a pec injury that healed in time to start the season opener,  but then injured his foot the second game.  Ogbuehi is really the only one of that group the Bengals knew would probably not contribute his first year.  It is extremely frustrating as a fan just the same though.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 04:07 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I remembering others saying that with Ced....

Freakout

Me too
Reply/Quote
Tua will stay in college if Bengals have first pick.

What potentially superstar level talent would want to come to this dysfunctional and less than mediocre organization.
Reply/Quote
The go QB early in the draft, we could be looking at a complete different team next year. Perhaps our future franchise LT and QB.

Could be the beginning of a new era boys
Reply/Quote

Here it comes...

Well, that is a true statement.

I'll take it a step further.  It will be like having 2 top 10 picks next year.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 03:48 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: LOL. I heard he was home counting the days until his contract is up. 

Is this the Cordy Glenn update?
Reply/Quote