Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jonathan Abram released by Raiders
Anyone think it worth while to make a play for Jonathan Abram, since the Raiders released him?

While he's not a back-end coverage type of Safety, his physical presence versus run heavy offenses that make a lot of underneath throws to the TEs and RBs might be a valuable addition in the back half of the season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2022, 12:37 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Anyone think it worth while to make a play for Jonathan Abram, since the Raiders released him?

While he's not a back-end coverage type of Safety, his physical presence versus run heavy offenses that make a lot of underneath throws to the TEs and RBs might be a valuable addition in the back half of the season.

He sounds like a decent catch to me.
Reply/Quote
The Raiders had a bad 2019 first round despite having 3 first rounders haha.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2022, 12:56 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: He sounds like a decent catch to me.
Especially when you consider that the Steelers, Browns, Ravens, Titans, and Patriots are exactly that sort of offense.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2022, 01:24 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: The Raiders had a bad 2019 first round despite having 3 first rounders haha.

That doesn't mean that the players were bad, perhaps just miscast in their roles since the coaching change?  I mean guys get taken high in the draft for a reason, they're seen to be talented.  I get that teams with a ton of picks, like the Raiders had at the time, tend to get wasteful and reach a bit.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2022, 01:27 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That doesn't mean that the players were bad, perhaps just miscast in their roles since the coaching change?  I mean guys get taken high in the draft for a reason, they're seen to be talented.  I get that teams with a ton of picks, like the Raiders had at the time, tend to get wasteful and reach a bit.

id kick tires....always good to have some really hard hitters on D which is what he is known for.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2022, 01:24 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: The Raiders had a bad 2019 first round despite having 3 first rounders haha.

Not just 2019. Their last 4 1st round picks are no longer on the team.

Since 2010, they've had 13 1st round picks. Only 1 of them has played at least 5 years with the team.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Claimed by the Packers

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2022, 06:47 PM)pally Wrote: Claimed by the Packers

Yep, just heard that on my ride home.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote