Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jones and Burfict
(01-10-2016, 11:23 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I do not delight in Ben's injury but I'm glad Vontaze Burfict rocked his world. Mellow

It was 100% clean...Next time, Big Ben will think twice on extending plays vs just taking a sack on the Bengals....
Reply/Quote
It's pretty apparent that the national media is going to crap all over these guys for at least a week. Listening to ESPN this morning, you'd think they lost this game all by themselves and then went out, drove drunk, and killed a busload of little kids. I'm wondering if this scapegoating could lead to Adam's FA value taking a huge hit.

With the season now over the dreaded offseason of FA doom is now upon us. The last time Jones was on the market, he drew little interest and had to take a pretty meager contract considering his level of talent. Since, he's become a top 10 corner in this league and managed, for the most part not to be a public menace.

Is he going to get a deal worthy of his skills or is he still going to have decreased value due to his reputation as a thug? Before Saturday night he appeared headed for a nice payday. Perhaps what transpired last night changes that. His age probably won't help him immensely, either.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 09:33 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: I just want to say Thanks!!  For having the backbone to stand up for the team.  We lost but we didn't allow them to bully us over.  For this I want to say Thanks!!  The more I think about it...  I am glad to have Jones and Burfict on our Team.  I am glad you guys did what you did cause of what they did to Gio... and Poynter with his smug look on his face.. needed to be attacked he knew what he was doing..  Thanks Adam.  Even though it was terrible timing I am glad you guys did what you did...    If this was a different generation it would be perceived differently.  It would be expected that you have your teammates back.  Going down the middle of the field you knew you were going to get hit.. back in the day..  It actually made the game worth watching...  cause they did not just run over us.. they knew there would be some retaliation for THEIR actions.  The NFL has become to soft, this generation has become to soft, can't say this or say that...  Thanks for getting in on Ben and taking him down..  we will be pinned as Thugs and the bad team but there is a reason why the two "Thugs" did what they did...  something prompted them to do what they did and it was the behavior of the other team.  Before anyone says they should act professional and be professional there is a time when the line has been crossed and you have to make your stand and this is what they did..  I am glad they are on the team even if the majority of people do not see it this way..  and that they may not be here next year..  Horrible timing of what occurred but there was reason behind it and this should not be overlooked.  At least the steelers now know there is consciousnesses for their actions. There has been many games against them that they just had their way with us and it was the norm.   THE NFL is not supposed to be a political correct sport...    I hope both of them are back in stripes next year!!!

Absolutely agree.  While I am devastated about what happened I wouldn't trade Burfict or Pacman for anyone.  They bring an edge and attitude that the Steelers have been praised for for years.  Now that the table has turned the steelers can't deal with it.  The Steelers now know that every time they play us their head better be on a swivel. 
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 10:56 PM)Passepartout Wrote: Really if they did not fumble the ball in less than two minutes, then the team would have had the game. That was the turning point.

I agree!!
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 09:33 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: I just want to say Thanks!!  For having the backbone to stand up for the team.  We lost but we didn't allow them to bully us over.  For this I want to say Thanks!!  The more I think about it...  I am glad to have Jones and Burfict on our Team.  I am glad you guys did what you did cause of what they did to Gio... and Poynter with his smug look on his face.. needed to be attacked he knew what he was doing..  Thanks Adam.  Even though it was terrible timing I am glad you guys did what you did...    If this was a different generation it would be perceived differently.  It would be expected that you have your teammates back.  Going down the middle of the field you knew you were going to get hit.. back in the day..  It actually made the game worth watching...  cause they did not just run over us.. they knew there would be some retaliation for THEIR actions.  The NFL has become to soft, this generation has become to soft, can't say this or say that...  Thanks for getting in on Ben and taking him down..  we will be pinned as Thugs and the bad team but there is a reason why the two "Thugs" did what they did...  something prompted them to do what they did and it was the behavior of the other team.  Before anyone says they should act professional and be professional there is a time when the line has been crossed and you have to make your stand and this is what they did..  I am glad they are on the team even if the majority of people do not see it this way..  and that they may not be here next year..  Horrible timing of what occurred but there was reason behind it and this should not be overlooked.  At least the steelers now know there is consciousnesses for their actions. There has been many games against them that they just had their way with us and it was the norm.   THE NFL is not supposed to be a political correct sport...    I hope both of them are back in stripes next year!!!

This is the most ignorant thing I have ever read in my life. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
For as good a Burfict is you can't win with him...especially when you have a washed up criminal like pac-man jones running with him. 
This post is so silly...you act as if there are not better players at their respective positions in the league. There are a number of LB's in league better than Burfict on sheer talent alone...add in smarts and poise and he is the kind of guy that does not even get drafted. Oh wait...that is what happened. You do realize that is why the great coaches and GM's in the league passed on this guy right? Lol give me a break, they were right. He is a liability that has great talent...it's not worth it.

Adam jones is not even a mid tier CB. He is an absolute punk. Would have been torched all year if the third last corner in the league was not such an easy target on the other side of the field. 

If SOP is not shopping for bargains these two guys are not even in the league and you make it seem like they are irreplaceable...lol. If you want the Bengals to win you can't support players that are not smart enough to play with poise.  
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 10:13 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: This is the most ignorant thing I have ever read in my life. 

I doubt that since you listen to Kenny Chesney lyrics.  LOL.  I kid, I kid.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 10:20 AM)Rhinocero23 Wrote: For as good a Burfict is you can't win with him...especially when you have a washed up criminal like pac-man jones running with him. 
This post is so silly...you act as if there are not better players at their respective positions in the league. There are a number of LB's in league better than Burfict on sheer talent alone...add in smarts and poise and he is the kind of guy that does not even get drafted. Oh wait...that is what happened. You do realize that is why the great coaches and GM's in the league passed on this guy right? Lol give me a break, they were right. He is a liability that has great talent...it's not worth it.

Adam jones is not even a mid tier CB. He is an absolute punk. Would have been torched all year if the third last corner in the league was not such an easy target on the other side of the field. 

If SOP is not shopping for bargains these two guys are not even in the league and you make it seem like they are irreplaceable...lol. If you want the Bengals to win you can't support players that are not smart enough to play with poise.  

I stopped reading after you said washed up = Adam Jones.  Good luck being a follower..  Peace Rhinoceros.
Reply/Quote
I live in Stealer country, surrounded by black and gold. They cannot shut up about Jones and Burfict and the cheating Bengals, even now after they won. Its all over facebook and people are talking about it and its the big topic. I've been here a long time and have seen Stealer fans act like this before --I know this song and dance lol. The reason they are still whining even after advancing in the playoffs, is that deep down they know the refs decided that game and they got smacked around in the way they are used to smacking people around. They know damn-well that the only clear cut illegal hit was by one of theirs on Gio and it wasnt called. They also know damn well that they werent the best team on the field Saturday night, even with the Bengals backup QB starting. But the biggest thing that chews at their neanderthal minds, is the fact they they hang their hats on their tough, physical teams of the 70's ---all their recent SB's were nothing compared to back then with the steel curtain and the dominant tough guys. It eats their little pea brains alive that the Bengals are WAY more like the Stealers teams of the 70's than the Stealers team of today, and if last night were back then, they would have lost. Its hilarious to me to see them play the wimp card after 30+ years of their puffy chest crap talking about the steel curtain and the dirty hard-hitting teams of the day.

Truth is, the NFL is becoming too politically correct, and it has been making is less fun and more stressful to watch for years now. The crap they have done hasnt helped much except to create a bunch of drama like refs deciding more games and rules that are almost too hard to call on the field consistently. In my eyes none of those hits 'should' have been illegal, not even the one on Gio. This is football. The only thing that should've drawn a flag was Porter being on the field, but that went against Jones instead. If they really want players to stop leading with their heads they would go back to leather helmets. That is the only thing that will naturally make the players think twice.

We have a great team, and should've been on our way to play NE.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 02:53 PM)djam Wrote: I live in Stealer country, surrounded by black and gold. They cannot shut up about Jones and Burfict and the cheating Bengals, even now after they won. Its all over facebook and people are talking about it and its the big topic. I've been here a long time and have seen Stealer fans act like this before --I know this song and dance lol. The reason they are still whining even after advancing in the playoffs, is that deep down they know the refs decided that game and they got smacked around in the way they are used to smacking people around. They know damn-well that the only clear cut illegal hit was by one of theirs on Gio and it wasnt called. They also know damn well that they werent the best team on the field Saturday night, even with the Bengals backup QB starting. But the biggest thing that chews at their neanderthal minds, is the fact they they hang their hats on their tough, physical teams of the 70's ---all their recent SB's were nothing compared to back then with the steel curtain and the dominant tough guys. It eats their little pea brains alive that the Bengals are WAY more like the Stealers teams of the 70's than the Stealers team of today, and if last night were back then, they would have lost. Its hilarious to me to see them play the wimp card after 30+ years of their puffy chest crap talking about the steel curtain and the dirty hard-hitting teams of the day.

Truth is, the NFL is becoming too politically correct, and it has been making is less fun and more stressful to watch for years now. The crap they have done hasnt helped much except to create a bunch of drama like refs deciding more games and rules that are almost too hard to call on the field consistently. In my eyes none of those hits 'should' have been illegal, not even the one on Gio. This is football. The only thing that should've drawn a flag was Porter being on the field, but that went against Jones instead. If they really want players to stop leading with their heads they would go back to leather helmets. That is the only thing that will naturally make the players think twice.

We have a great team, and should've been on our way to play NE.

Nice post man!!!  Remember if you are going to be around them to always wear protection!!!  You are spot on with this post!!!
Reply/Quote
Burfict and Pacman need to go, don't need those clowns on the team.
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 05:18 PM)WestCoastBengalsFan Wrote: Burfict and Pacman need to go, don't need those clowns on the team.

Pacman has easily been the best Corner on our team, and Burfict was the only reason we were even in that game. He sealed that game for us only to have Hill mail it away. 
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 05:20 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Pacman has easily been the best Corner on our team, and Burfict was the only reason we were even in that game. He sealed that game for us only to have Hill mail it away. 

True. Honestly neither of them should've been flagged IMO, but it should never have even come to that regardless. 
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 07:49 PM)djam Wrote: True. Honestly neither of them should've been flagged IMO, but it should never have even come to that regardless. 

Unfortunately Burficts hit was a flag. Was he specifically targeting AB's head? Watch the replay, it definitely doesn't look like it.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 07:52 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Unfortunately Burficts hit was a flag. Was he specifically targeting AB's head? Watch the replay, it definitely doesn't look like it.

Very unfortunate. I dont think he was targeting either. I just think he was playing fast and aggressive and got a bad break. 
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 09:33 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: I hope both of them are back in stripes next year!!!

I know I shouldn't reply to you because you're just a mega-troll, but I can't resist this time.

#1. Without Adam Jones, your #1 CB is Dre Kirkpatrick. That means next year you'd see Dre Kirkpatrick vs Antonio Brown x2, Steve Smith x2, DeSean Jackson, Brandon Marshall, Dez Bryant, Odell Beckham Jr, Sammy Watkins, and Julian Edelman. That sounds like the ugliest spectacle I have ever seen.

#2. Without Vontaze Burfict, your LB group would be Rey Maualuga, Emmanuel Lamur, and either AJ Hawk, or some other scrub. They tried that for the first 6 games of the season. Nobody could tackle worth a damn.

Bengals Run D w/o Burfict (6 games): 109 yards/gm, 4.85 YPC
Bengals Run D w/ Burfict (10 games): 82 yards/gm, 3.93 YPC

- - - - - - - -

So when GM Marlon makes sure neither of them return, he's going to be stuck with Kirkpatrick as your #1 CB and Maualuga as your #1 LB, and one stinking turdpile of a defense. Marlon for GM, 2016!

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

rep
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 05:18 PM)WestCoastBengalsFan Wrote: Burfict and Pacman need to go, don't need those clowns on the team.

Yeah, right.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I am buying a Burfict JERSEY!!!! I SUGGEST everyone else does as well... WE need this more than anything..... it is time to bring in some others with the same mentality as Burfict and Adam...... We need more backbone and people who will not take the Stoolers CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 08:27 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I know I shouldn't reply to you because you're just a mega-troll, but I can't resist this time.

#1. Without Adam Jones, your #1 CB is Dre Kirkpatrick. That means next year you'd see Dre Kirkpatrick vs Antonio Brown x2, Steve Smith x2, DeSean Jackson, Brandon Marshall, Dez Bryant, Odell Beckham Jr, Sammy Watkins, and Julian Edelman. That sounds like the ugliest spectacle I have ever seen.

#2. Without Vontaze Burfict, your LB group would be Rey Maualuga, Emmanuel Lamur, and either AJ Hawk, or some other scrub. They tried that for the first 6 games of the season. Nobody could tackle worth a damn.

Bengals Run D w/o Burfict (6 games): 109 yards/gm, 4.85 YPC
Bengals Run D w/ Burfict (10 games): 82 yards/gm, 3.93 YPC

- - - - - - - -

So when GM Marlon makes sure neither of them return, he's going to be stuck with Kirkpatrick as your #1 CB and Maualuga as your #1 LB, and one stinking turdpile of a defense. Marlon for GM, 2016!

HAHAHAHHAA  what?  What did you say?  What WHAT???  I dont think you have any idea what you are saying??? WHAT???  What did you say what?? what what??????  You might want to go read again and I am not a mega troll.................   You are the TROLLY TROLL... You name calling TROLL..  what TROLL!!!!  WHAT HAPPEN WHO STARTED THIS THREAD????  WHAT WHAT???   You are just scared cause I could probably beat you at arm wrestling.................  I can bench 120 pounds...  so you better watch what you say on the internet cause on the internet i can bench 420 pounds what what!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote