Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jones has to apologize
As far as I'm concerned Jones doesn't need to apologize to anyone. All that dancing, celebrating, and winking Brown was doing. Bengals fans want the league to meet with both teams? They never did when our star players were dropping like flies at the hands of the Steelers. Burfict took out the 3 B's in one season, and for that no matter how it ended the season was a success. Screw an apology to a Steeler. The league didn't even fine any of them. Hopefully Jones stays strong.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 03:17 PM)jj22 Wrote: As far as I'm concerned Jones doesn't need to apologize to anyone. All that dancing, celebrating, and winking Brown was doing. Bengals fans want the league to meet with both teams? They never did when our star players were dropping like flies at the hands of the Steelers. Burfict took out the 3 B's in one season, and for that no matter how it ended the season was a success. Screw an apology to a Steeler. The league didn't even fine any of them. Hopefully Jones stays strong.

Unfortunately he said that he would apologize for his public rants if Brown was not able to play.  Was there ever video of Brown "dancing and celebrating"??
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 11:59 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Not shocking in the least bit.

The hit was a shot to the head, clearly. Not sure why Pac thought he was faking.

The Bengals and Steelers need to meet in the offseason and figure this thing out. Them beating each other up in the season and playoffs isn't helping anyone. It just continues to derail their seasons.

But it makes for great TV and the NFL loves it.  Look for a Monday Night Football game at PBS between the Steelers and Bengals, somewhere around week 4, or as soon as Burfict is eligible.
Reply/Quote
If Jones apologizes or not... I don't care.
I don't exactly see Pittsburgh as a team of integrity and this isn't the PCNFL.
Play the game as hard as you can and go home. All this stupid drama after the fact doesn't interest me at all.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 02:49 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Even if the NFL like it, the players need to dial it down.  Someone is going to seriously get hurt, maybe even end a career... we are talking about their lives, their earnings, their futures.  I am not trying to sound like some sort of alarmist, but at some point they need to realize they are all part of a "fraternity" and they do all have futures to think about.

Cut the fraternity crap!  The Bengals have been putting up with Steeler's dirty play for decades, you think they're going to change?  You fight fire with fire.  I for one and happy to see the Bengals finally stepping up to knock horns with Pittsburgh.  It's about time.  The Bengals are becoming kings of the AFCN, it didn't happen by being the nice guys.  Now they just need to figure out how to get over the hump.

It is nice watching all the Pitt fans crybaby about dirty play.  Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

They'll be out of the playoffs come Monday morning courtesy of the Bengals more than the Bronco's - and I personally love it.
Reply/Quote
Also...
I could think of alot of apologizing Steelers players could've done over the years before Jones apologizes to them. But you know, any apologies after their past antics, I wouldn't have cared about those either. It's just moving lips. And that's all a Jones apology would be seen as at this point. The guy's in a no-win situation - so I'd rather he stay silent and let his play on the field do the talking.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 03:44 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: Cut the fraternity crap!  The Bengals have been putting up with Steeler's dirty play for decades, you think they're going to change?  You fight fire with fire.  I for one and happy to see the Bengals finally stepping up to knock horns with Pittsburgh.  It's about time.  The Bengals are becoming kings of the AFCN, it didn't happen by being the nice guys.  Now they just need to figure out how to get over the hump.

It is nice watching all the Pitt fans crybaby about dirty play.  Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

They'll be out of the playoffs come Monday morning courtesy of the Bengals more than the Bronco's - and I personally love it.

100% agreed & rightfully repped! 
Do you think The Steelers "respect" Cincinnati now in the ways they should - you bet! 
Now if they were competing for Ms. Congeniality - respect as a "nice person" rules would be different.  But it's the NFL and it's not about being nice.  Being nice doesn't put points on the board.  
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 02:09 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Meh. Go ahead and apologize, but I don't see Mike Mitchell apologizing for knocking Eifert out for 2.5 games and possibly costing us a BYE.

Well, to be fair, he didn't accuse him of faking though.
Reply/Quote
Maybe that was Pac's plan the whole time. Would of caused alot of questions if he did play, well played..lol
[Image: 52393749789596023645410.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Who cares about being "fair?"
I think he should pop him hard in the next game they play against each other - stand over him - and say, "Sorry about everything."
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 03:45 PM)West Union KennyG Wrote: Also...
I could think of alot of apologizing Steelers players could've done over the years before Jones apologizes to them.  But you know, any apologies after their past antics, I wouldn't have cared about those either.  It's just moving lips.  And that's all a Jones apology would be seen as at this point.  The guy's in a no-win situation - so I'd rather he stay silent and let his play on the field do the talking.

This. Just learn from it, drop it, and let your play do the talking next year. Stay off of instagram/twitter/etc.

The Steelers don't care about Pacman's apology and they're not sorry for anything they've done. I'd argue that dirty hits are far worse than anything Pacman said.

Sticks and stones...
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
He's a man of his word...apologized on Instagram according to the ESPN app on my phone.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 07:20 PM)Wyche Wrote: He's a man of his word...apologized on Instagram according to the ESPN app on my phone.

Sounded very sincere too.  Wish he hadn't allowed himself to be baited, but I love the dude.
Reply/Quote
Is it weird I still have a feeling AB is gonna play
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote