Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordan Battle

I thought Dax was going to be our stud safety, and was kind of lukewarm about this pick tbh. He looks like the real deal though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
But wait, I thought our safeties sucked??? Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 11:52 PM)Sled21 Wrote: But wait, I thought our safeties sucked??? Sarcasm

One of them does.

Reply/Quote
I have a Dax Hill signed Jersey willing to trade for anything else lol
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 11:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

I thought Dax was going to be our stud safety, and was kind of lukewarm about this pick tbh. He looks like the real deal though.

I remember being super disappointed when we picked him over Dawand Jones.

"We don't even need a safety" I said. "We have Nick Scott! This guy is going to ride the bench for at least 2 years!"

This is why I don't take immediate post draft reactions too seriously. None of us know shit.
Reply/Quote
Battle was the pick I was disappointed with the most. I was hoping for an offensive pick. Even if they went with defense, I didn't want a safety because I didn't think it was a need. Now Battle has clearly earned a starting job next season with his play. Entirely possible that he'll be our best pick from the 2023 draft.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 11:53 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: One of them does.

Two.

Nick Scott still ended up starting 10 games and was on the field for a majority of the snaps the Bengals defense took this year. Even when phased out as a starter he was still seeing the field on defense ~15% of the time.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 11:53 PM)QueenCity Wrote: I have a Dax Hill signed Jersey willing to trade for anything else lol

A Laveranues Coles jersey that had a duct tape put over the name and Shipley written on it in sharpie?   Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
It was the trade down with KC, who took OT Wanya Morris in the Bengals old 92nd slot, who winds up starting against the Bengals in week 17, and then the hated Steelers took huge TE Darnell Washington at 93. That was a crusher because he was highly coveted by many Bengals fans. This was difficult for him to overcome in many fans eyes for yet ANOTHER Safety when pretty much every Bengals fan knew that they HAD to come away from this draft with a TE. Remember, the year before, they had drafted Dax Hill in the 1st, Tycen Anderson in the 5th and had just signed Nick Scott. This kind of seemed like overkill at the time when there were needs on the roster that were more important than a 3rd round backup Safety that was the 5th one taken in the draft. Gotta give credit to Tobin on this one. He definitely looks like a gem.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Good enough for DROY?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2024, 09:35 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Good enough for DROY?

No. Jalen Carter or Will Anderson will win it.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 11:53 PM)QueenCity Wrote: I have a Dax Hill signed Jersey willing to trade for anything else lol

Idk ill stick with my Tom Nelson jersey ty
Reply/Quote
Dax Hill was a HUGE disappointment this year. Mental problems.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2024, 12:03 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: None of us know shit.

Truth.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2024, 11:44 AM)Mgbrown66 Wrote: Dax Hill was a HUGE disappointment this year.   Mental problems.

It was really his first year getting to play just the safety position. People expect too much. He is going to be a great player.
Reply/Quote
I like the Battle pick at the time & like it even more now.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2024, 12:12 PM)Sled21 Wrote: People expect too much.

He is going to be a great player.

Bit ironic, no?

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2024, 12:23 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Bit ironic, no?

I see what you did there Hilarious Yes it is, but my point is they expect too much too quickly from a 2nd year player who did not get to focus in his position in year 1. My expectations for Hill come from his athleticism and intelligence. I have little doubt the light will come on.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2024, 12:29 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I see what you did there Hilarious Yes it is, but my point is they expect too much too quickly from a 2nd year player who did not get to focus in his position in year 1. My expectations for Hill come from his athleticism and intelligence. I have little doubt the light will come on.

I'm not ready to throw in the towel on Hill yet either.

Battle sure seems to be a good en in the making. Perhaps our Safety woes aren't quite as bad moving forward as it seems??
Reply/Quote