Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordan Evans......
If Vigil can't play look for a huge game out of Jordan Evans...

In typical Marvin fashion this rookie hasn't played much at all this year.......the injury to Vigil may force Marvins hand and I think you will find we got another steal in this kid out of Oklahoma.....

He looked solid in the pre season and I think you will see him turn some heads Monday night....
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
I think Evans would be nice next to vontaze,even better then vigil
Reply/Quote
Vigil is terrible. lost track of his missed tackles last game
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2017, 12:17 AM)corpjet Wrote: If Vigil can't play look for a huge game out of Jordan Evans...

In typical Marvin fashion this rookie hasn't played much at all this year.......the injury to Vigil may force Marvins hand and I think you will find we got another steal in this kid out of Oklahoma.....

He looked solid in the pre season and I think you will see him turn some heads Monday night....

Yeah, he was the fastest LB in the draft.  He showed us some stuff that preseason game against the Colts where he made what it seemed to be was 6 consecutive solo tackles.  

He is a rookie and we will play a slow veteran.  Ditto Lafell over Ross.  Ditto Adam Jones over WJIII.  Ditto Hopkins over Redmond (not a rookie).  Ditto Bodine over Westerman.  

Lose again to your rival?  Yep.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Evans has looked good in the limited playing time he has received. Let's hope it translates with increased playing time. Couldn't hurt having his speed out there if so.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2017, 06:44 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Yeah, he was the fastest LB in the draft.  He showed us some stuff that preseason game against the Colts where he made what it seemed to be was 6 consecutive solo tackles.  

He is a rookie and we will play a slow veteran.
  Ditto Lafell over Ross.  Ditto Adam Jones over WJIII.  Ditto Hopkins over Redmond (not a rookie).  Ditto Bodine over Westerman.  

Evans should at least see enough reps to give us something to quantify, about his ability to improve the run defense.  I just hope that his smarts are equal to his speed, and he can get off a block to make a play.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
He played quite a bit last week after the Vigil injury and looked pretty good. I'm sure there will be some growing pains and rookie mistakes, but he's looking like a starter for next season.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2017, 12:17 AM)corpjet Wrote: If Vigil can't play look for a huge game out of Jordan Evans...

I would say Evans looked a lot more than solid in the Preseason, looked very impressive.

He will only get better with more snaps and with his speed and ranginess he could be something special here.

Jordan Evans might be able to cover TE's for us, wouldn't that be something?

Vigil looked good the one game he played WILL against the Bills but other than that he has been terrible all year.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2017, 10:00 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Evans should at least see enough reps to give us something to quantify, about his ability to improve the run defense.  I just hope that his smarts are equal to his speed, and he can get off a block to make a play.

HE suppose to be really good in coverage not sure on his run stuffing.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2017, 04:01 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: HE suppose to be really good in coverage not sure on his run stuffing.

I’ve noticed a few times, he has that Burfict ability. When he hits somebody, they stop or go backwards. Very quick small area of explosion on impact.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2017, 06:44 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Yeah, he was the fastest LB in the draft.  He showed us some stuff that preseason game against the Colts where he made what it seemed to be was 6 consecutive solo tackles.  

He is a rookie and we will play a slow veteran.  Ditto Lafell over Ross.  Ditto Adam Jones over WJIII.  Ditto Hopkins over Redmond (not a rookie).  Ditto Bodine over Westerman.  

What veteran?  The only other LBs are also rookies, Lawson and Nickerson.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2017, 06:19 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Vigil is terrible.  lost track of his missed tackles last game

We used to call stopping the ball carrier and getting him on the ground a TACKLE. These days it is called a HIT. Often it neither stops the ball carrier, nor gets him on the ground. THIS IS THE PROBLEM because of how these Bengals defenders are coached.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2017, 07:26 PM)Derrick Wrote: We used to call stopping the ball carrier and getting him on the ground a TACKLE. These days it is called a HIT. Often it neither stops the ball carrier, nor gets him on the ground. THIS IS THE PROBLEM because of how these Bengals defenders are coached.

Exactly.  Squaring one's body up to an opponent, while delivering a blow with your shoulder pads lower than his, and then proceeding to wrap ones arms around the opponents legs, whilst continuing to drive through him usually increases the chances of stopping his progress, exponentially.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
It will be interesting to see where Jordan Evans lines up Monday. I think his speed is best used on the weak side.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-01-2017, 09:51 AM)whodey4life84 Wrote: Evans has looked good in the limited playing time he has received. Let's hope it translates with increased playing time. Couldn't hurt having his speed out there if so.

(12-01-2017, 11:23 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: He played quite a bit last week after the Vigil injury and looked pretty good. I'm sure there will be some growing pains and rookie mistakes, but he's looking like a starter for next season.

Not that it's the end-all measurement of if a player is any good, but PFF has Jordan Evans with a 44.1 Overall grade, which is better than Nick Vigil's 35.1, but to give a bit of perspective, Russell Bodine is graded at 43.9 Overall.

So according to PFF (once again, not that it's a concrete thing) Evans has been about on par with Bodine this season as far as how well they've played. That's pretty awful.

It's not a huge sample side as he's only played 10.6% of the defensive snaps this year, but it's not like he's been good. There's a reason why he was a 6th round pick. Don't go Ryan Whalen-ing this kid into some imaginary talent just because he's a Bengal and the player in front of him sucks.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I'd be all for playing Evans over Vigil. Vigil is our worst starter by far.

Vigil is nothing more than a backup. Getting him off the field improves our defense.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2017, 12:41 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: What veteran?  The only other LBs are also rookies, Lawson and Nickerson.

I meant it more as a sarcastic shot at Marv, not a literal statement about the LBs, but if Vinny Rey can play, he will likely trot him out there over the inexperienced Evans.  Which begs the question:  How does he get experience on the bench?  
Reply/Quote
cant we just draft a guy from the SEC at linebacker. Falcons n Bucs do well doing that.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2017, 04:52 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Not that it's the end-all measurement of if a player is any good, but PFF has Jordan Evans with a 44.1 Overall grade, which is better than Nick Vigil's 35.1, but to give a bit of perspective, Russell Bodine is graded at 43.9 Overall.

So according to PFF (once again, not that it's a concrete thing) Evans has been about on par with Bodine this season as far as how well they've played. That's pretty awful.

It's not a huge sample side as he's only played 10.6% of the defensive snaps this year, but it's not like he's been good. There's a reason why he was a 6th round pick. Don't go Ryan Whalen-ing this kid into some imaginary talent just because he's a Bengal and the player in front of him sucks.

What? A rookie that’s barely played isn’t graded by PFF as the best player on the team? Cut him!
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2017, 12:53 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: What? A rookie that’s barely played isn’t graded by PFF as the best player on the team? Cut him!

Yes, because that's exactly what I said. Good reading comprehension, broheim.   :andy:

I mean you saw where I started my post with the words "Not that it's the end-all measurement of if a player is any good..." and later said "It's not a huge sample side..." (Obviously a typo where I meant sample size.) and cut right to the heart of my message by not ignoring both of those bits, but actually saying the exact opposite. Well done.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote