Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordan Franks
Maybe my new favorite Bengal.

"Jordan Franks, who had a 32-yard reception on the Bengals' scoring drive, was signed off the practice squad on Tuesday. The tight end position was hit hard by injuries to Tyler Eifert, Tyler Kroft and Mason Schreck. Franks is Eifert's roommate and the team raved about him this week. Marvin Lewis said Franks is usually the first one in the building and the last one to leave."
Reply/Quote
he should have had more than one target yesterday.
catches a 32 yd wheel route and smoked the OLB
and we never hear from him again.
really??
Reply/Quote
We certainly can use the help.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Hopefully he's part of the answer going forward. We've got to get this offense out of 1st gear in the 2nd half !
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 11:45 AM)impactplaya Wrote: he should have had more than one target yesterday.
really??

I was thinking the EXACT same thing!
I started wondering if he was injured.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 11:45 AM)impactplaya Wrote: he should have had more than one target yesterday.
really??

I know,really bizarre
Reply/Quote
New plan for 2019:

TE1: Eifert
TE2: Ceej
TE3: Schreck
TE4: Franks

An interesting tidbit is that they are: 1 Independent, 1 SEC, 1 MAC and 1 ACC; that's a whole bunch of different backgrounds and all that jazz.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Made a nice play. Great route, looked the ball in, and was covered. Nice throw on that play too. They'll probably work him into the offense over the bye. It was his first NFL game, after all.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Certainly welcome his youthfulness, he looked great on the wheel route.

I'm sure he will be brought along slowly with the offense and his blocking is no where close where it needs to be
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Memo to Ross: look what happens when you not only run the right route, but you finish it!
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
Im listening to bengals line while im reading this forum,lapham said he had 1 snap all game for 1 catch 32 yards. Lol unbelievable
Reply/Quote
I like his number too 88, michael irvins number
Reply/Quote
really??

Just like DeDe Dorsey.  Dude blocked a punt, and recovered it for a TD, and was promptly benched.

Then, a different game, he takes a screen pass 77 yards for a TD and gets benched again.  
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 03:00 PM)Wyche Wrote: Made a nice play.  Great route, looked the ball in, and was covered.  Nice throw on that play too.  They'll probably work him into the offense over the bye.  It was his first NFL game, after all.

His strength is his speed as a receiver.  Hopefully, his blocking can be sufficient and he can get some more opportunities.

That ball Dalton threw him dropped right in to his arms in stride.  Dalton is getting some credit, but he is making it look easy when  he is protected.  Breaks my heart to think what he could be doing with a healthy Eifert and a Ross living up to his potential.  

We also really need Gio back, as they seem to feel like they would be overworking Mixon if they involved him in the passing game.  
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 06:43 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: His strength is his speed as a receiver.  Hopefully, his blocking can be sufficient and he can get some more opportunities.

That ball Dalton threw him dropped right in to his arms in stride.  Dalton is getting some credit, but he is making it look easy when  he is protected.  Breaks my heart to think what he could be doing with a healthy Eifert and a Ross living up to his potential.  

We also really need Gio back, as they seem to feel like they would be overworking Mixon if they involved him in the passing game.  

He mentioned on Bengals Line last night that he is confident at blocking LBs at the 2nd level, but not in line blocking and he needs work.

He seems like a good kid, not the brightest though lol. Is close with Hayes.

His brother is Felipe Franks, the QB at Florida.

EDIT: WTF would autocorrect change "Franks," to "Frank's?" Stupid damn thing...
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 06:40 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Just like DeDe Dorsey.  Dude blocked a punt, and recovered it for a TD, and was promptly benched.

Then, a different game, he takes a screen pass 77 yards for a TD and gets benched again.  

franks was only gonna be out there in 2 TE sets using fischer as a 6th OL probly helped limit franks snaps
Reply/Quote
Well, he has shown that he can run decent routes and has good hands (see his preseason tape as well), although it is limited sample size.

Can't view YT at work anymore so I can't check for highlights on it, but I'm sure someone can find something that he did at UCF on there.

So keeping that in mind, I'd think he'll be on the field in 3 TE sets (obviously) and 2 TE sets when we are expecting to pass, especially since he admitted himself, that he needs to work on his inline blocking.

2 TE sets with where we are expecting to run, I can expect Lengel to be in there.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2018, 09:01 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Well, he has shown that he can run decent routes and has good hands (see his preseason tape as well), although it is limited sample size.

Can't view YT at work anymore so I can't check for highlights on it, but I'm sure someone can find something that he did at UCF on there.

So keeping that in mind, I'd think he'll be on the field in 3 TE sets (obviously) and 2 TE sets when we are expecting to pass, especially since he admitted himself, that he needs to work on his inline blocking.

2 TE sets with where we are expecting to run, I can expect Lengel to be in there.

I really hate when we're in a position where our personnel on the field dictates what the play is going to be.  It's a direct tip-off to opposing defenses.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 06:40 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Just like DeDe Dorsey.  Dude blocked a punt, and recovered it for a TD, and was promptly benched.

So what team picked him up and let him be a star after he left the Bengals?
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2018, 10:12 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I really hate when we're in a position where our personnel on the field dictates what the play is going to be.  It's a direct tip-off to opposing defenses.

That's why losing Eifert and Kroft hurts; both are competent (Eifert's come a LONG way) blockers, in addition to their receiving prowess.
Reply/Quote