Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordan Palmer Interview (Sirius)
Two former Bengals (Solomon Wolcots and Brad Gradkowski) interviewed another former Bengal (Jordan) today. Thought I'd share highlights and thoughts.

HIGHLIGHTS:

2010 Lockout and Big Bro bailing on the Bengals is what started his "QB Whisperer" path. He was the only QB on the roster and trying to organize activities as well as mentor Andy

He soon realized he could teach it better than he could play it

Says you ask any NFL QB who they learned the most from and he said every one will give you the name of another veteran QB

He stated players have 2 types of confidence "Reactionary"-Others tell you how good you are and you feed off it and Self-Aware- You don't need any assurances. Said he's been around them all (mentioned DeShaun, Mahomes, Wentz,,,,) and not one QB has the "self-aware confidence" that he has seen in JB.

JB does not care what you say about him or his situation. He "knows" he's enough to win

THOUGHTS:

Always praised Jordan for trying hold it together while Big Bro ditched. I hope his post playing career far outshines CP9's

His comment about learning most from a fellow vet gave me pause, but the rest of the interview led me to believe JB might be the exception rather than the rule

Thought Jordan took a shot a Big Bro when he said JB doesn't care what you say about his situation.

ADDITIONAL:
Jordan will become a regular on Sirius NFL starting Thursday and I look forward to listening.Would love to get him on the staff but that may be a pay cut

Jordan said Jordan Love was "brilliant"
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Joe
Reply/Quote
I actually give a dang what Jordan says, he is a smart guy and I like what he is saying about Burrow.

We need Burrow to have that self-aware confidence. It will make the transition so much smoother.
Reply/Quote
Jordan is a little to new agey and wine valley for my taste. i like carson alot better and i think bengal fans give him a bad rap.
Reply/Quote
http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Jordan-Palmer-on-Burrow?highlight=jordan
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2020, 04:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote:  not one QB has the "self-aware confidence" that he has seen in JB.

Johnny Manziel had it.
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2020, 06:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Johnny Manziel had it.

Problem for him is he couldn't back it up lol
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2020, 06:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Johnny Manziel had it.

Nah, he was full of Reactionary confidence. He dad filled him full of it from an early age. Many knew this was an issue with Johnny.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-16-2020, 06:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nah, he was full of Reactionary confidence. He dad filled him full of it from an early age. Many knew this was an issue with Johnny.

Wasn't it just a bad case of beer muscles for Manziel?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
JB has the "self aware confidence" sweet.
Reply/Quote
Did anyone happen to ask Jordan "What was it like, growing up in your brother's shadow?". Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2020, 09:26 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Did anyone happen to ask Jordan "What was it like, growing up in your brother's shadow?".   Ninja

Probably had some advantages and some disadvantages.  In the end, though, things seem to be turning out pretty well for him.

Also, he may end up spending more time in the NFL than big bro when it's all said and done.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(06-16-2020, 09:40 PM)McC Wrote: Probably had some advantages and some disadvantages.  In the end, though, things seem to be turning out pretty well for him.

Also, he may end up spending more time in the NFL than big bro when it's all said and done.

Obviously, my comment was in jest.  But yes, Jordan is quite well respected around the NFL QB circles.  It takes a man to realize that he won't be great, but just might be better at helping others become great.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2020, 06:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Problem for him is he couldn't back it up lol

In hoops, we call those guys "irrational confidence" types. They think they arebetter than they are. From time to time, they do something exceptional because of it. Most of the time, they hurt you more than they help.

In hoops, you can build a semi-effective player out of that type of guy. Usually a reserve guy you throw in there when behind to try and spark something. At QB, that is tougher. Mistakes get you beat.
Reply/Quote
I give people the benefit of the doubt so maybe he has changed. I met him once and had to spend some time around him as we went home with the same group of girls one New year's Eve. We were at McFaddens if anyone rembers that place. I think it was before he was on the Bengals but he was a complete douche. He had some disparaging remarks about the Bengals and their front office at that time. I said you mean the same fo that just made your brother the highest paid person in the NFL? And his response was so and so makes more, some qb, Vick maybe that signed a deal after Carson. From that point on for the rest of the night I kept introducing him as Kitnas little brother. Carson's wife was also there and Jordan was on crutches.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2020, 01:36 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: In hoops, we call those guys "irrational confidence" types. They think they arebetter than they are. From time to time, they do something exceptional because of it. Most of the time, they hurt you more than they help.

In hoops, you can build a semi-effective player out of that type of guy. Usually a reserve guy you throw in there when behind to try and spark something. At QB, that is tougher. Mistakes get you beat.

The difference between Manziel and Burrow is staggering in my eyes. Burrow had tons of doubters and had to sit behind Haskins
at OSU and then take the reigns of an LSU team after injury and not having a proper system in for him that fit his skill set. Then 
once the proper system was put in he just lit up the SEC and for a lot of people he just came out of nowhere.

The hype surrounding Manziel was much more than Burrow had going into the beginning of last season.

Burrow had to earn everything and he is still really hungry to prove the doubters wrong, he won't throw it away like Manziel did.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2020, 07:33 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The difference between Manziel and Burrow is staggering in my eyes. Burrow had tons of doubters and had to sit behind Haskins
at OSU and then take the reigns of an LSU team after injury and not having a proper system in for him that fit his skill set. Then 
once the proper system was put in he just lit up the SEC and for a lot of people he just came out of nowhere.

The hype surrounding Manziel was much more than Burrow had going into the beginning of last season.

Burrow had to earn everything and he is still really hungry to prove the doubters wrong, he won't throw it away like Manziel did.

i think burrow has lots of hype. some fans think he's just gonna walk in and be a super star. forgetting hes a rookie and there will be lots of bumps in the road. i think he can be Very good but it might be a couple years and i Really hope he can focus on football. 
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2020, 08:05 PM)Bruce Wrote: i think burrow has lots of hype. some fans think he's just gonna walk in and be a super star. forgetting hes a rookie and there will be lots of bumps in the road. i think he can be Very good but it might be a couple years and i Really hope he can focus on football. 
Focus on football as opposed to what??

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(06-17-2020, 08:05 PM)Bruce Wrote: i think burrow has lots of hype. some fans think he's just gonna walk in and be a super star. forgetting hes a rookie and there will be lots of bumps in the road. i think he can be Very good but it might be a couple years and i Really hope he can focus on football. 

He has lots of hype and rightfully deserved after just putting together the best season ever by a college QB.

There will be bumps along the road as with every rookie QB, but once it comes together for him he WILL have a much better career
than Johnny fartball, I will bet on it barring injury. Burrow is all about ball, this is where his focus is. He lives for it and to prove the 
doubters wrong. There will be lots of doubters being in the Division in which now he sits.

The Steeler fans hated the thought of us getting him, it will now be time to beat the shit out of them for the next 10 or so years.

Pitt SuxSmack
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2020, 08:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: He has lots of hype and rightfully deserved after just putting together the best season ever by a college QB.

There will be bumps along the road as with every rookie QB, but once it comes together for him he WILL have a much better career
than Johnny fartball, I will bet on it barring injury. Burrow is all about ball, this is where his focus is. He lives for it and to prove the 
doubters wrong. There will be lots of doubters being in the Division in which now he sits.

The Steeler fans hated the thought of us getting him, it will now be time to beat the shit out of them for the next 10 or so years.

Pitt SuxSmack

dont get me wrong Buddy, I think he CAN be very good. i just have some worries bout the kapernick sort of vibes im getting from him. not like being a dbag but like being to involved in all the soical shit and not being focused. i hope that never becomes an issue but i aint gonna lie, im worried about it. I want him to be a great qb not a great activist. if he just concetrates on football he could be an awsome one. just play football and be great joe!!!!!
Reply/Quote