Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jordan Palmer interview
Jordan talked with SI's Albert Breer yesterday

1) he worked with Joe before this off season. In between 2018 and 2019
2) he was very complimentary about his talent and knowledge. His practice translates to his play. Great mechanics. Mega coachable...in his own category there
3) Has room to grow as he learns NFL blocking schemes. He will be a better pro than college player
4) confidence and maturity are the 2 biggest keys to NFL success. Joe has that in spades
5) on Bengals....not the same as when Jordan and Carson were there. Their experience is irrelevant to today
6) Carson had a great situation to come into
7) Burrow initiates movement, he changes the way players looks at things. People won't believe how well he turned things around 5 years from now

starts at about the 12:50 mark
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/cba-negotiations-burrows-throwing-coach-mailbag-wednesday/id916244917?i=1000466804916

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(02-27-2020, 01:14 PM)pally Wrote: Jordan talked with SI's Albert Breer yesterday

1) he worked with Joe before this off season.  In between 2018 and 2019
2) he was very complimentary about his talent and knowledge.  His practice translates to his play.  Great mechanics.  Mega coachable...in his own category there
3)  Has room to grow as he learns NFL blocking schemes.  He will be a better pro than college player
4) confidence and maturity are the 2 biggest keys to NFL success.  Joe has that in spades
5) on Bengals....not the same as when Jordan and Carson were there.  Their experience is irrelevant to today
7) Burrow initiates movement, he changes the way players looks at things.  People won't believe how well he turned things around 5 years from now

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/cba-negotiations-burrows-throwing-coach-mailbag-wednesday/id916244917?i=1000466804916

Biggest take away is a natural born leader to say the least..Commands respect and gives it...
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2020, 01:14 PM)pally Wrote: Jordan talked with SI's Albert Breer yesterday

1) he worked with Joe before this off season.  In between 2018 and 2019
2) he was very complimentary about his talent and knowledge.  His practice translates to his play.  Great mechanics.  Mega coachable...in his own category there
3)  Has room to grow as he learns NFL blocking schemes.  He will be a better pro than college player
4) confidence and maturity are the 2 biggest keys to NFL success.  Joe has that in spades
5) on Bengals....not the same as when Jordan and Carson were there.  Their experience is irrelevant to today
7) Burrow initiates movement, he changes the way players looks at things.  People won't believe how well he turned things around 5 years from now

Sounds like Jordan kinda thinks his brother is full of it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
5 and 6 are things many have been saying for a while.
Interesting that it comes from a Palmer now that Burrow has said he’s good with being a Bengal.
Reply/Quote
Amazing how the talk tracks changed once Burrow came out and said that he would come here if drafted.

All of sudden Jordan's comments seem to be more "realistic"
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2020, 01:33 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Amazing how the talk tracks changed once Burrow came out and said that he would come here if drafted.

I doubt there was ever an issue with Burrow coming to the Bengals, it was all a media love fest.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2020, 01:33 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Amazing how the talk tracks changed once Burrow came out and said that he would come here if drafted.

Jordan hasn't said anything.  The media made assumptions because Burrow hired Jordan to coach him and Carson was being Carson.  Now we know that Joe had a prior relationship to Jordan

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(02-27-2020, 01:56 PM)pally Wrote: Jordan hasn't said anything.  The media made assumptions because Burrow hired Jordan to coach him and Carson was being Carson.  Now we know that Joe had a prior relationship to Jordan

Correct.

Jordan has been the classy, professional in this case, from day 1.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Why would Jordan Palmer say anything bad about any NFL franchise? That would hurt his business because he also works with QBs already in the NFL.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Interesting at around 15 minutes, when even the other QB's knew there was something very special about Burrow, just from talking football with him.
Reply/Quote
Always liked Jordan, dude is smarter than Carson IMO.

He has no bias against the Bengals as a matter of fact he is grateful for the opportunity given to him.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2020, 02:39 PM)Synric Wrote: Why would Jordan Palmer say anything bad about any NFL franchise? That would hurt his business because he also works with QBs already in the NFL.

Doesn't stop other idiots from saying anything bad about this NFL franchise now does it?

I know MB is antiquated but still...
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2020, 01:56 PM)pally Wrote: Jordan hasn't said anything.  The media made assumptions because Burrow hired Jordan to coach him and Carson was being Carson.  Now we know that Joe had a prior relationship to Jordan

That's not what I'm saying.   Now that Burrow has come out and laid all this stuff to rest, the media just glosses over anything said by anyone regarding the Bengals and Burrow - unless you are Florio or Dan Patrick.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(02-27-2020, 03:48 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

Thanks Holic, Jordan looks to be doing well.

Very professional and I like how he distanced himself from Carson.

No one that isn't a Bengal fan wants Burrow here lol
Reply/Quote
Ok, so Jordan has made me change my mind and stop hacking on him. His brother is still a **** though...
Reply/Quote
Really excited to watch this later, thank you.

Let's get burrow in stripes, focus on fixing the Ds weaknesses this year, and add some real play makers on offense shortly after.

If Burrow is as good as I think he can be, hes going to really elevate our offense as is.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2020, 03:48 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

Love it, especially how he said it's different now than it was with Marvin because he made it sound like the future is promising and he did it in a way that didn't bad-mouth Marvin or anyone else on the coaching staff from when he was here.  He also didn't bad-mouth the Bengals for doing him dirty, which he had every right to do, by making it seem like he had a chance of being the starter here all offseason when they drafted Dalton.

I also love the film sessions with Burrow and how he seems like he's easing him into the NFL life and trying to prepare him for the style of play in the NFL.  Doing it like he is, like with the wednesday night film sessions, will make it so Burrow isn't overwhelmed.  

Nice find and I'm excited about Burrow!
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2020, 02:39 PM)Synric Wrote: Why would Jordan Palmer say anything bad about any NFL franchise? That would hurt his business because he also works with QBs already in the NFL.

I don’t really buy that. He could be critical while still being professional. Or could just be neutral. He certainly doesn’t have to be as positive as he’s been. He’s either good at what he does or he’s not. A few slams at one team (especially the Bengals) would not hurt his business, imo.

Reply/Quote
(02-27-2020, 11:05 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don’t really buy that. He could be critical while still being professional. Or could just be neutral. He certainly doesn’t have to be as positive as he’s been. He’s either good at what he does or he’s not. A few slams at one team (especially the Bengals) would not hurt his business, imo.

Jordan should be grateful to the Bengals for a job no one else would have gave him.... Burrow is gonna be a Bengal no matter who likes it and I truly believe he is what this team has been missing.... Remember whe Jordan said he was ready to be ste starter in 11? Hahahha No one but him believed that would happen. Mike Brown threw his ass right out the door with Carson.. loved it
Reply/Quote