1 Kaiir Elam CB Florida

2.Jelani Woods TE Virginia

3. Max Mitchell OT Louisiana Lafayette

4. Eric Johnson DT Missouri State

5. Micah McFadden LB Indiana

6. Matt Henningsen DE Wisconsin

7. Isaih Pacheco RB Rutgers

7. Quentin Lake S UCLA

I like some of it but i still think we draft a WR. Thoughts??
Reply/Quote
I don't like the idea of taking Woods in the 2nd. He is extremely athletic, but it doesn't show up in game and he is not a polished route runner at all. He also has a really high dropped pass percentage.

I'd be happy taking him around the 4th or 5th round because I think he's similar to C.J. Uzomah in terms of being a raw but toolsy player, but taking him in the 2nd round would be just as bad as taking Drew Sample in the 2nd.

I like Elam in the first and don't have any problems with going OT and DT in the 3rd and 4th.

I too would like a WR somewhere before the 5th round though.

Lake in the 7th is a major sleeper pick who may stick on the roster.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2022, 02:13 AM)pulses Wrote: 1 Kaiir Elam CB Florida

7. Quentin Lake S UCLA

I like some of it but i still think we draft a WR.   Thoughts??

Pretty terrible.  Like Elam, but the rest is reach city.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2022, 11:02 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I don't like the idea of taking Woods in the 2nd. He is extremely athletic, but it doesn't show up in game and he is not a polished route runner at all. He also has a really high dropped pass percentage.

I'd be happy taking him around the 4th or 5th round because I think he's similar to C.J. Uzomah in terms of being a raw but toolsy player, but taking him in the 2nd round would be just as bad as taking Drew Sample in the 2nd.

I like Elam in the first and don't have any problems with going OT and DT in the 3rd and 4th.

I too would like a WR somewhere before the 5th round though.

Lake in the 7th is a major sleeper pick who may stick on the roster.

Woods is further along in his development than Uzomah was coming into the league, plus he's more athletic for his size.
Not to mention this is also a weaker TE class with a glut of mid-round talent that projects to be TE2-caliber guys.
I would assume that part of why Reid chose to take Woods in Rd 2 is because he doesn't think he'll fall to Bengals in Rd 3 given the class, size-athleticism combo, and at least good production in his final collegiate year. All of this despite not being a polished player.

I wouldn't spend higher than a 3rd, but I understand why someone would.
Remember, Drew Sample went in the 2nd and many of us thought he was a Day 3 player.

Really not a fan of that Day 3 group of selections, but I like Elam and think Woods and Mitchell can develop into at least solid TE2 and swing OT, respectively.

Not a mock that fans would be excited about, for sure.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

7. Quentin Lake S UCLA

I like Elam Woods and Henningsen.  The rest I don't care for.  Woods is more of a 3rd 4th rounder imo.  I like the mock drafts from this forum a lot better.
Reply/Quote

7. Quentin Lake S UCLA

Hot garbage. I like Elam the least amongst the CB's who could be around at #31 (Booth, Gordon, McCreary), despite his high athletic ceiling. There is good CB depth. I'd prefer to go elsewhere at #31. If we get a guy dropping (Wyatt, Linderbaum, Johnson, Hill, Dean, Booth), that is great. 

If all those guys are gone, I'd rather trade down, or if I reach, I'd rather reach for a DT/pass rusher (Winfrey, Hall, Ebitekie, Mafe), one of the safeties (Pitre/Cine), another OL (Raimann, Green, Smith), or possibly even a stud speedy WR who could be falling (Williams) or still there (Watson). Though WR is probably a stretch. 

I am not overly high on this TE class. Woods in Rd. 2 is ugly for me. I'd prefer OL, CB, DT, S, DE, LB, and WR before TE in Rd 2. If I reach for a receiver, I'd much rather it be a playmaking WR. A speedy PR/KR type might be a tad high here, but Robinson, Austin, Jones Jr or someone similar has more juice for me than a mediocre TE prospect. 

I'd avoid mid-round (3rd or later) OL guys unless it is REALLY good value. Salyer, Parham, Ingram, Juergens, Rhyan, Faalele, maybe Goedeke or Zac Tom. I mean, we used a 2nd and a 4th and a 6th on Carman & Smith & Hill last year. We have Prince. We do not need another mediocre OL pick. I'd rather just try to bring back Reiff or Spain. 

Forgive any spelling errors.
Reply/Quote
This would be a TV smashing moment.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote