Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordan Willis, DE, Kansas State
(04-07-2017, 01:33 PM)pulses Wrote: We wont draft a center that high and if we do it wont be Toth.

People said the same thing about Guard before we drafted Zeitler.

It is Bodine's last year, i highly doubt we do not draft a Center somewhat high for insurance.

Why not Toth?
Reply/Quote
3 is probably way early for toth. Efflein may be there, orlovsky and fuller are higher rated and would probably be there to. Cameron tom or chase roullier in the 5th-6th could work well too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2017, 03:13 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: 3 is probably way early for toth.  Efflein may be there, orlovsky and fuller are higher rated and would probably be there to.  Cameron tom or chase roullier in the 5th-6th could work well too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool, i just thought Elflein would be gone by the 3rd, same with Orlovsky.

Don't know anything about Fuller, Tom or Roullier...
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2017, 03:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Cool, i just thought Elflein would be gone by the 3rd, same with Orlovsky.

Don't know anything about Fuller, Tom or Roullier...

I added Roullier to my mocks ever since I looked into him just a week or so ago.
http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Attempt-at-Realistic-Mock-w-My-Preference-Added

Quote:Chase Roullier, C/OG Wyoming (6'4", 312 lb) - Many people may wonder who the heck this guy is. Roullier is a scholar athlete who was rated the #1 guard in college football after the 2015 season by PFF, but switched to C his senior season. As a senior, Roullier was 1st-team all-MWC and 2nd-team all-American by USA Today. He's extremely intelligent and shows that he can anchor well and drive off the ball. He helped lead the Wyoming offense to first place in the MWC in point per game and helped Wyoming RB Brian Hill to rush for 1767 yards and 21 TDs.

Roullier has very short arms (32.25") which will cause many teams to bypass him completely. But he has the versatility to play all three interior OL spots (which Bengals coaches covet) and the desire and demeanor to succeed in the NFL.

Hopefully this helps. I pulled my summary from multiple sources, so the links are scattered.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-07-2017, 03:42 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I added Roullier to my mocks ever since I looked into him just a week or so ago.
http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Attempt-at-Realistic-Mock-w-My-Preference-Added

Hopefully this helps. I pulled my summary from multiple sources, so the links are scattered.

Awesome brother. Rock On

Plus he is from U-dub, should of known something about this guy, all my sisters and brother in-law went there
but they weren't much into football. The short arms are a concern but damn, sure sounds solid otherwise. :andy:
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2017, 01:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I love your 3 round mock a lot but the more i think of it this seems more likely for us and i would love it as well...

1st - OJ Howard TE
2nd - Jordan Willis DE
3rd - John Toth C

Love John Ross and would be all for the pick but i just think Howard would be more valuable immediately.

I also think Elflein will go before the 3rd now.

For Howard to be successful in the Bengal's offense (and by successful, I mean he has to have an immediate impact) he would have to get Hue back from Cleveland since he knows how to run two TE sets....and maybe even Three TE sets.  That just isn't Zamp's offense.  Frustrating, but doing an essential swap for Eifert and not re-signing him isn't going to make this offense great, either.  A vertical threat like Ross must be respected or they will get burned.  Dude averaged a TD nearly every 5th reception.  That's insane big-play ability.  We need playmakers.  

As soon as I say that, I find myself thinking about Leonard Fournette.  Do I really think that guy would get stoned three times when we need one yard?  That seemed to happen a ridiculous number of times last year.  Fournette could have a Zeke Elliot-type of impact on a team that has other veteran offensive weapons.  I really struggle on that one. 

I struggle with the Elflein potential pick as I try to do things as I think the Bengals will do them, and I just don't see them letting go of Bodine.  If they drafted a Center, he would have to be an elite Guard prospect as well, and Elflein doesn't have the beast of an Isaac Asiata.  Elflein is very smart and that is what makes hims such a strong prospect at Center, but I am not sure his improves the running game to the extend of an Asiata.  
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2017, 11:34 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: The more I think about how the Bengals run their defense, the more convinced I am that they will add a pure speed rusher type.  The d-line plays on a pretty heavy rotation, so I wouldn't be the least disappointed to see them add a guy that only comes in on obvious passing downs.  Everyone talks about how the Bengals don't value guards and safeties, but the Bengals rarely draft a defensive end high.

That being said, I am hoping and praying that Tim Williams is there in the 2nd when we pick.  I still feel like he is the best pure pass rusher in the draft.  He's 6'4, 250, so he could easily add a few pounds if needed.

Want nothing to do with that assbag.  Failed multiple drug tests at Bama.  He has speed but nowhere near the horsepower to hold up on the edge of a 4-3 that Willis has.  
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2017, 02:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: People said the same thing about Guard before we drafted Zeitler.

It is Bodine's last year, i highly doubt we do not draft a Center somewhat high for insurance.

Why not Toth?

Because we  wont draft a guy 2 or 3 rounds sooner than we need to...lots better options and value in the 3rd than Toth by a landslide.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2017, 10:18 AM)pulses Wrote: Because we  wont draft a guy 2 or 3 rounds sooner than we need to...lots better options and value in the 3rd than Toth by a landslide.

Toth was solid at UK and could surprise some in the NFL.  Center position is a lot about smarts and this guy started four years in the SEC.  One thing I would hope for, though, is if the prospect can't beat Jethro out of the job (and there are some that believe the Bengals don't want anyone to...remember the TD drive with TJ Johnson when Bodine got benched?) then they have to be a contributor as a Guard.  

A lot of this will depend on what they feel about Westerman.  Did he improve his strength substantially last year?  Do they feel he can be a solid contributor?  If they did, I doubt they would have signed Smith...so a longer-term answer should be addressed.

I think guys like Moton, Lamp, Biswonty, and even Elflein will be long gone in the 2rd, but Asiata could be there and we pick before the Dolphins, who I doubt will use their second on him.  
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2017, 09:31 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: For Howard to be successful in the Bengal's offense (and by successful, I mean he has to have an immediate impact) he would have to get Hue back from Cleveland since he knows how to run two TE sets....and maybe even Three TE sets.  That just isn't Zamp's offense.  Frustrating, but doing an essential swap for Eifert and not re-signing him isn't going to make this offense great, either.  A vertical threat like Ross must be respected or they will get burned.  Dude averaged a TD nearly every 5th reception.  That's insane big-play ability.  We need playmakers.  

As soon as I say that, I find myself thinking about Leonard Fournette.  Do I really think that guy would get stoned three times when we need one yard?  That seemed to happen a ridiculous number of times last year.  Fournette could have a Zeke Elliot-type of impact on a team that has other veteran offensive weapons.  I really struggle on that one. 

I struggle with the Elflein potential pick as I try to do things as I think the Bengals will do them, and I just don't see them letting go of Bodine.  If they drafted a Center, he would have to be an elite Guard prospect as well, and Elflein doesn't have the beast of an Isaac Asiata.  Elflein is very smart and that is what makes hims such a strong prospect at Center, but I am not sure his improves the running game to the extend of an Asiata.  

Sure wish Zamp would learn to use 2 TE sets atleast at times, it makes the Offense less predictable and you
have another blocker out there in the running game. Maybe getting a TE like Howard would make him.

One thing is for certain, if we drafted Howard at 9 he would be used immediately. The draft will tell us a lot.

All for John Ross as you know, cannot teach speed and we need speed badly at Receiver.

For Fournette as well, he can also catch the ball out of the backfield so he is not just a big, fast back, he has
a lot of versatility which we need at the RB position. Where would Asiata play? RG? Where then would Andre
play? RT? Then where would Fisher play? LT? Guess this would mean Og still would be sucking it up.

(04-08-2017, 10:18 AM)pulses Wrote: Because we  wont draft a guy 2 or 3 rounds sooner than we need to...lots better options and value in the 3rd than Toth by a landslide.

Have heard Toth mentioned in the 3rd round many times. I just want a top Center prospect is all.

(04-08-2017, 10:33 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Toth was solid at UK and could surprise some in the NFL.  Center position is a lot about smarts and this guy started four years in the SEC.  One thing I would hope for, though, is if the prospect can't beat Jethro out of the job (and there are some that believe the Bengals don't want anyone to...remember the TD drive with TJ Johnson when Bodine got benched?) then they have to be a contributor as a Guard.  

A lot of this will depend on what they feel about Westerman.  Did he improve his strength substantially last year?  Do they feel he can be a solid contributor?  If they did, I doubt they would have signed Smith...so a longer-term answer should be addressed.

I think guys like Moton, Lamp, Biswonty, and even Elflein will be long gone in the 2rd, but Asiata could be there and we pick before the Dolphins, who I doubt will use their second on him.  

Heard Toth plays nasty too which is why i like the guy, need physicality in our Center and a bit of a mean streak.

Westerman is the big question, getting Andre and using him as the RG raised my eyebrows a bit. Would be great
if Westerman has been working on playing Center. This would help the team tons, he is a really good pass protector.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2017, 02:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sure wish Zamp would learn to use 2 TE sets atleast at times, it makes the Offense less predictable and you
have another blocker out there in the running game. Maybe getting a TE like Howard would make him.

One thing is for certain, if we drafted Howard at 9 he would be used immediately. The draft will tell us a lot.

All for John Ross as you know, cannot teach speed and we need speed badly at Receiver.

For Fournette as well, he can also catch the ball out of the backfield so he is not just a big, fast back, he has
a lot of versatility which we need at the RB position. Where would Asiata play? RG? Where then would Andre
play? RT? Then where would Fisher play? LT? Guess this would mean Og still would be sucking it up.

Have heard Toth mentioned in the 3rd round many times. I just want a top Center prospect is all.

Heard Toth plays nasty too which is why i like the guy, need physicality in our Center and a bit of a mean streak.

Westerman is the big question, getting Andre and using him as the RG raised my eyebrows a bit. Would be great
if Westerman has been working on playing Center. This would help the team tons, he is a really good pass protector.
They should have went with westerman... he was a 2nd round grade on many boards last year and fell to the 5th. We wont know what we got if we dont play him. Andre is about washed up. I would have went with westerman and then drafted Asiata(for example) and rolled with it. And as far as Centers go I would like to draft one (but the bengals dont draft centers high as we all know). I wouldnt expect a center drafted till the 4th or 5th round.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2017, 10:33 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Toth was solid at UK and could surprise some in the NFL.  Center position is a lot about smarts and this guy started four years in the SEC.  One thing I would hope for, though, is if the prospect can't beat Jethro out of the job (and there are some that believe the Bengals don't want anyone to...remember the TD drive with TJ Johnson when Bodine got benched?) then they have to be a contributor as a Guard.  

I'd be happy with Moton or Asiata.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2017, 10:47 PM)pulses Wrote: They should have went with westerman... he was a 2nd round grade on many boards last year and fell to the 5th. We wont know what we got if we dont play him. Andre is about washed up. I would have went with westerman and then drafted Asiata(for example) and rolled with it. And as far as Centers go I would like to draft one (but the bengals dont draft centers high as we all know). I wouldnt expect a center drafted till the 4th or 5th round.

So true about Westerman, didn't understand why we didn't play him last year when Boling was hurt and Bodine
continued to struggle. I heard lots of analysis saying he could play Center in the NFL as well.

I so hope Westerman can be the man in the middle and we draft Asiata.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2017, 02:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: All for John Ross as you know, cannot teach speed and we need speed badly at Receiver.

Speed isn't everything.  Speed is an awesome gift to have, when it is in the body of someone with tremendous athletic ability to use it, ala Darryl Green, Deion Sanders, Randy Moss, etc.  However, if the guy is only really good at running fast in a straight line, he's not much good to a team.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/22/fastest-receivers-at-the-combine-rarely-pan-out/

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2017, 05:14 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Speed isn't everything.  Speed is an awesome gift to have, when it is in the body of someone with tremendous athletic ability to use it, ala Darryl Green, Deion Sanders, Randy Moss, etc.  However, if the guy is only really good at running fast in a straight line, he's not much good to a team.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/22/fastest-receivers-at-the-combine-rarely-pan-out/

John Ross is not just speed Sunset, sorry if i came across just saying that.

He has good hands and great moves. Smooth as silk and scores a TD like 1 out of every 5 times he goes deep.

Dude is a gamechanger that runs good routes and sometimes you can't even see the guy he moves so fast.

Our 2nd biggest problem on Offense last year besides O-line was a deep threat.

We get Ross to go along with Core and we are extremely dangerous alongside AJ Green.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2017, 11:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: John Ross is not just speed Sunset, sorry if i came across just saying that.

He has good hands and great moves. Smooth as silk and scores a TD like 1 out of every 5 times he goes deep.

Dude is a gamechanger that runs good routes and sometimes you can't even see the guy he moves so fast.

We get Ross to go along with Core and we are extremely dangerous alongside AJ Green.

My mistake, I had him confused with another player.  Yeah, Ross is pretty good!

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2017, 11:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: John Ross is not just speed Sunset, sorry if i came across just saying that.

I would actually say our second biggest issue on offense was the terrible red zone play. The Bengals were 13th in offensive yards (15th in passing yards, 13th in rushing yards) but 24th in points per game.

A deep threat would help, don't get me wrong, but the Bengals could also use a big pass catcher for the red zone too.

Whatever it takes to get into the end zone more, that's what the Bengals should prioritize.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote