Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordan Willis, DE, Kansas State
If the Bengals are not able to get Barnett or Thomas in Rd 1, I am very hopeful they slide in Rd 1, get the additional 2nd rounder and grab John Ross. With one of their now two 2nd rounders, I think this guy would be an amazing addition.

His profile has him as a bit light, but he has MASSIVE strength in his lower half. Squatted 600LBS, benched 420, and cleaned 330. He has elite speed for a DE, and in listening to his interview on the NFL network, is a really solid guy that comes from a good family. His coaches rave about him.

He is a Barnett or Thomas from a lesser-known program with MORE STRENGTH and SPEED than either one of them.

Here is his combine profile.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/jordan-willis?id=2557884

I would love a first two days that look like:

John Ross, WR
Jordan Willis, DE
Pat Elflein, C
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'd take that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Those are some good power numbers for his size and body style.  I'm most impressed with his 4.53 speed, has long arms, and at 6'5" a big enough frame to reasonably expect him to hit a full adult weight of around 270.

I think a player like Willis would make the defense better.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 08:51 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: If the Bengals are not able to get Barnett or Thomas in Rd 1, I am very hopeful they slide in Rd 1, get the additional 2nd rounder and grab John Ross.  With one of their now two 2nd rounders, I think this guy would be an amazing addition.

His profile has him as a bit light, but he has MASSIVE strength in his lower half.  Squatted 600LBS, benched 420, and cleaned 330.  He has elite speed for a DE, and in listening to his interview on the NFL network, is a really solid guy that comes from a good family.  His coaches rave about him.

He is a Barnett or Thomas from a lesser-known program with MORE STRENGTH and SPEED than either one of them.

John Ross, WR
Jordan Willis, DE
Pat Elflein, C

I've been banging the drum for him for a bit now.  Great combine on top of a very good season.  Saw he was projected mid 2nd/early 3rd awhile ago, haven't looked recently but would imagine he's right the top of the 2nd now.  His 10 yard split in the 40 was something silly low like 1.53 seconds. Looks like the complete package.

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
I see a better athlete than football player.

He has the tools to become a good player. But I'm not crazy about him. Would rather get Basham or Kpassagnon
Reply/Quote
I like Willis better at 41 than Barnett or Charlton at 9.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 01:17 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Those are some good power numbers for his size and body style.  I'm most impressed with his 4.53 speed, has long arms, and at 6'5" a big enough frame to reasonably expect him to hit a full adult weight of around 270.

He did mention he has been as high as 268, I think.  He had a very no-nonsense approach to it from K-State.  He said that they told him to play at 253, so he played at 253.

The coach at K-State referred to him as "the epitome of their program".  Not faint praise.  I want more guys like this that their coaches and teammates love.  
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 02:48 PM)Whatever Wrote: I like Willis better at 41 than Barnett or Charlton at 9.

Absolutely, if you consider you could get him AND the burner WR.  You can't get those two DEs and a WR the caliber of the top of round 1.
Reply/Quote
Ok, I have to admit that I haven't really watched any film on the guy.  Has anyone here watched many of his games? 

The reason that I ask is because I would like to know if KSU ever used him much in a stand up role.  We also know that Guenther likes to flash the 3-4 look from time to time.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 08:00 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Ok, I have to admit that I haven't really watched any film on the guy.  Has anyone here watched many of his games? 

The reason that I ask is because I would like to know if KSU ever used him much in a stand up role.  We also know that Guenther likes to flash the 3-4 look from time to time.

I've only ever seen him lined up as a 4-3 LDE, although he did drop into coverage from that spot on occasion.r
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 09:38 PM)Whatever Wrote: I've only ever seen him lined up as a 4-3 LDE, although he did drop into coverage from that spot on occasion.r

Thanks, I like him even more knowing that he is accustomed to being versatile.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 08:00 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Ok, I have to admit that I haven't really watched any film on the guy.  Has anyone here watched many of his games? 

He said that he was only asked to "drop" a couple times all season, but that he was a LB in HS and he likes to run with guys.  With his speed, I can see why.
Reply/Quote
One more point about Willis: If you watch his film, most of his time was at LDE and he had responsibilities to watch a lot of read-option. When it was third and long, and he was turned loose you could see the burst that we need off the edge. I think at RDE in college, he would have had even more pass-rushing stats from more opportunities.

I almost wish he hadn't blown away the combine because now he will be on more team's radar. I made sure he is on ours.
Reply/Quote
The more I think about how the Bengals run their defense, the more convinced I am that they will add a pure speed rusher type. The d-line plays on a pretty heavy rotation, so I wouldn't be the least disappointed to see them add a guy that only comes in on obvious passing downs. Everyone talks about how the Bengals don't value guards and safeties, but the Bengals rarely draft a defensive end high.

That being said, I am hoping and praying that Tim Williams is there in the 2nd when we pick. I still feel like he is the best pure pass rusher in the draft. He's 6'4, 250, so he could easily add a few pounds if needed.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 01:17 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Those are some good power numbers for his size and body style.  I'm most impressed with his 4.53 speed, has long arms, and at 6'5" a big enough frame to reasonably expect him to hit a full adult weight of around 270.

I like this kid as well. Gonna be a good player for someone.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 08:51 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: If the Bengals are not able to get Barnett or Thomas in Rd 1, I am very hopeful they slide in Rd 1, get the additional 2nd rounder and grab John Ross.  With one of their now two 2nd rounders, I think this guy would be an amazing addition.

His profile has him as a bit light, but he has MASSIVE strength in his lower half.  Squatted 600LBS, benched 420, and cleaned 330.  He has elite speed for a DE, and in listening to his interview on the NFL network, is a really solid guy that comes from a good family.  His coaches rave about him.

John Ross, WR
Jordan Willis, DE
Pat Elflein, C

Willis can do it all, he can stop the run and rush the passer. Too bad he did as well as he did cause he might even
go before our 2nd pick. Hope he doesn't and this is the way our draft turns out. We would be so much more dynamic
on both sides of the ball.
Reply/Quote
Looks like someone missed when I did this thread?
Reply/Quote

John Ross, WR
Jordan Willis, DE
Pat Elflein, C

He benched 420?? Nice.....ill still pass though unless its 3rd or later
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2017, 08:45 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Looks like someone missed when I did this thread?

I love your 3 round mock a lot but the more i think of it this seems more likely for us and i would love it as well...

1st - OJ Howard TE
2nd - Jordan Willis DE
3rd - John Toth C

Love John Ross and would be all for the pick but i just think Howard would be more valuable immediately.

I also think Elflein will go before the 3rd now.
Reply/Quote
We wont draft a center that high and if we do it wont be Toth.
Reply/Quote