Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joseph Ossai
Lou had a quick update on him. He obviously, because of when he went to IR, can't return this season, but it is good to see he is healing and still involved

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2021, 01:57 PM)pally Wrote: Lou had a quick update on him. He obviously, because of when he went to IR, can't return this season, but it is good to see he is healing and still involved

If only it could've happened a few weeks earlier, we could've had him for the stretch run, possibly Sad
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Is this considered another coaching mistake?

Reply/Quote
and please, nobody label Ossai as a bust.
Reply/Quote
I firmly believe that Ossai would have helped boost the pass rush if he was out there.
I was a bit surprised they didn't keep him on the roster then put him on IR after the deadline so that he had an opportunity to be activated, but I assume it was to help keep another player from being exposed to waivers.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2021, 02:20 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I firmly believe that Ossai would have helped boost the pass rush if he was out there.
I was a bit surprised they didn't keep him on the roster then put him on IR after the deadline so that he had an opportunity to be activated, but I assume it was to help keep another player from being exposed to waivers.

It also could simply be the injury too.  He is running now with 4 weeks to go in the season.  No way would he go from just running to play ready in that time...not as a rookie

Reply/Quote
That’s good news, thanks for sharing. I was just wondering how he was doing. I was thrilled when he fell to us, loved the pick and think he’ll be a star when he gets on the field.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2021, 02:16 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: and please, nobody label Ossai as a bust.

He's not a bust, he's a thrust.Popcorn
Reply/Quote
Like hearing some good news after 2 losses in a row. Ossai was quite possibly my favorite pick in the entire Draft.

I think he could be a star for us in the future. Happy he is running and he should go into the Offseason full go and be
really pumped for next season. Think Ossai could be our best pass rusher besides Hendrickson next year and might
even give him a run for his money. Although Hubbard has also improved a lot with his pass rush I just think Ossai is
more naturally gifted in this aspect. Major steal in the 3rd, never thought he would of made it to us.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2021, 02:03 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Is this considered another coaching mistake?

Could be asked why he's running around in the 3rd qtr in a meaningless preseason game.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2021, 02:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Like hearing some good news after 2 losses in a row. Ossai was quite possibly my favorite pick in the entire Draft.

I think he could be a star for us in the future. Happy he is running and he should go into the Offseason full go and be
really pumped for next season. Think Ossai could be our best pass rusher besides Hendrickson next year and might
even give him a run for his money. Although Hubbard has also improved a lot with his pass rush I just think Ossai is
more naturally gifted in this aspect. Major steal in the 3rd, never thought he would of made it to us.

Agreed, and when I see the BALT rookie Oweh, he reminds me of Ossai and Oweh looks like a good player for BALT.
Another key to next yr pass rush is to secure our Interior DTs. Do we keep both Larry O and BJ? can we afford it? 
if only one who do we keep?  My take is Larry O seems to always start off a game early on with a couple of splash plays and then sort of dissapears (IDK, maybe its a conditioning thing ?) BJ on other hand seems to be a bit more overall consistent. Its a pick your poison sitiuation 
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2021, 04:21 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Could be asked why he's running around in the 3rd qtr in a meaningless preseason game.

because he was a 3rd round rookie.  He is the type of player you expect to be playing in the 3rd QTR of a meaningless preseason game

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2021, 02:54 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: He's not a bust, he's a thrust.Popcorn

So you're the catcher? Ninja
Reply/Quote
Let him get 100% for next year. I interested in seeing how he does as having another plus pass rusher to go with Hendrickson should make the D even better.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2021, 02:16 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: and please, nobody label Ossai as a bust.

He's far from a bust, but if there is one thing that I really hope the Bengals address in the offseason is more pass rush.   Yep, over offensive line and over secondary.  

I think you make every position on the defense better with more pass rush and it would allow for more rotation.  On top of Ossai, and Hubbard, and Hendrickson, I want another speed pass rusher or a LB that is like a Micah Parsons from a pass rushing standpoint.  I don't have any idea where the Bengals will be selecting, but I am really hoping for a difference making pass rusher.  
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2021, 09:45 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: He's far from a bust, but if there is one thing that I really hope the Bengals address in the offseason is more pass rush.   Yep, over offensive line and over secondary.  

I think you make every position on the defense better with more pass rush and it would allow for more rotation.  On top of Ossai, and Hubbard, and Hendrickson, I want another speed pass rusher or a LB that is like a Micah Parsons from a pass rushing standpoint.  I don't have any idea where the Bengals will be selecting, but I am really hoping for a difference making pass rusher.  

If they don't address the OL, the 2022 Bengals starting OL will be...

Jonah Williams
D'Ante Smith
Trey Hopkins
Hakeem Adeniji
Isaiah Prince

...and that would be criminally negligent.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2021, 09:59 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: If they don't address the OL, the 2022 Bengals starting OL will be...

Jonah Williams
D'Ante Smith
Trey Hopkins
Hakeem Adeniji
Isaiah Prince

...and that would be criminally negligent.

I think it would be more likely to look like this:

Williams
Spain
Hopkins
Adeniji/Carman
Smith

Smith has tackle length and has added the strength he needed.  The question is, can he stay healthy.

That being said, there is no way they don't add at least ONE FA and at least one day 2 tackle/guard/center.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2021, 10:02 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I think it would be more likely to look like this:

Williams
Spain
Hopkins
Adeniji/Carman
Smith

Smith has tackle length and has added the strength he needed.  The question is, can he stay healthy.

That being said, there is no way they don't add at least ONE FA and at least one day 2 tackle/guard/center.

Free agent, and your post was literally you saying "the one thing".

Even then, that's a REALLY shitty OL even if you add Spain back into it. Burrow is leading the league in sacks and sack yards last I checked, and that'd be just giving him a worse OL than now.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2021, 09:45 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: He's far from a bust, but if there is one thing that I really hope the Bengals address in the offseason is more pass rush.   Yep, over offensive line and over secondary.  

Yup, totally not a bust. I was thinking about how recent posts already have Carman as a bust and I didn't want to see that sentiment extend to Ossai.

A Bengals defense with a peak Von Miller type, Micah Parsons, or similar player would be scary fun to watch.
Reply/Quote

A depth pass-rusher would be great, but we 100% DO NOT NEED a high pick in pass rushing.

We are second in the league in sacks. /story.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote