Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joseph Ossai
I’ll have BJ Hill and Joseph Ossai jerseys next season.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 03:24 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Big huge difference between this and the Jeremy Hill fumble. Ossai was running at full speed trying to stop mahomes from getting the first down and lost track of the sideline. It happens. Jeremy Hill was specifically told by Lewis right before the play "Get what is there and go down" Hill lost the ball by ignoring his coach and fighting for unneeded yardage. These two plays aren't even close to the same thing.

Pretty sure the coaches probably told defenders not the hit players Out of bounds last night. Players are going to try to make plays.

Ossai and Hill are both guilty of the exact same thing. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 02:52 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I think Burficts was due to his history and pattern of just poor decisions on the field. Hills was just the weight of all the suffering and angst prior. It is easier when you’ve won 5 of your last 7 playoff games instead of losing 7 straight over 25 years

Truth Rubekahn. 
Reply/Quote
[quote='bfine32' pid='1327744' dateline='1675103271']

Pretty sure the coaches probably told defenders not the hit players Out of bounds last night. Players are going to try to make plays.

Ossai and Hill are both guilty of the exact same thing. 
[/

I highly doubt they told Ossai that right before the play but Hill was just told that right before he got the ball. Hill just had to fall down and they win. Different than Ossai not being aware of his location on the field.

Different scenarios although both were very stupid plays that cost the Bengals big time.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 04:24 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I highly doubt they told Ossai that right before the play but Hill was just told that right before he got the ball.  Hill just had to fall down and they win. Different than Ossai not being aware of his location on the field.

Different scenarios although both were very stupid plays that cost the Bengals big time.
If the coaches Hill to "just fall down" after he got the ball then they are beyond idiots for even handing it to him; of course, this is how narratives go.

I've always defended Hill for trying to end the game and giving total effort. 

And I'll defend Ossai for trying to make a play at the end of the game with total effort. 

Hill just falls down, Ossai just lets Mahomes continue out of bounds then the outcome of both games may be different. but they are the exact same scenario.

Folks are giving Ossai a break because he's remorseful. Does anyone remember how remorseful Hill was after that play/game?

As I said, we're maturing as a fan-base. 

Reply/Quote
Pratt admitted he was wrong.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 04:37 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Pratt admitted he was wrong.

Maybe the over-reaction train will lose a little steam. 

Reply/Quote
I expect a big jump next year

This is gonna make him a better player
-Housh
Reply/Quote
No way I am blaming this on Ossai. The kid played his ass off. He was clearly held on the exact same play, and it wasn't called. The holding was obvious and egregious. It's all over twitter if one wants to watch it.

The no call went hand in hand with giving KC two shots on third down. They didn't convert on either, but Hilton was called for a ticky tack DPI, which kept their drive alive. Of course, this was just one of many calls that went in KCs favor. One would have assumed after Kelce pushed Bates into the bleachers on the first TD that the refs were gonna let them play. Hey, they did let them play, Kansas City that is.
Reply/Quote
I haven't read much of this thread, so this might have all been said.

It was a bullshit call, but everyone knew when it happened that it would be called, and if you say you don't make that call in that point in the game, I agree, but, like I said, it was the right call and everyone knew it would be called.

The dagger is that it was completely unnecessary to even shove him because he wasn't getting any more yards and, even if he would have gotten one or two more yards, he wouldn't have gotten close to the first or significantly closer for a field goal.

The refs screwed us all game but that one's on Ossai.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 04:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Maybe the over-reaction train will lose a little steam. 

Here’s the full clip. All is forgiven as far as I’m concerned.

Reply/Quote
I see Ossai's play as closer to Dax Hill going out of bounds then coming back in a touching the ball first. They both just lost track of where they were on the field. Hill was specifically told, go down and don't fumble. Nowhere near.close to the same thing.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 03:27 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: BJ and Pratt are besties. I'm sure they'll, if they haven't already, have a talk. BJ was just supporting another teammate. Good, solid, team dude. 

Yeah, I agree about BJ. I was just kinda taken aback with the "my last year" comment.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 05:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Here’s the full clip. All is forgiven as far as I’m concerned.

.....and there it is. Nuff said. Everyone has manned up, squashed.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 05:51 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I see Ossai's play as closer to Dax Hill going out of bounds then coming back in a touching the ball first. They both just lost track of where they were on the field. Hill was specifically told, go down and don't fumble. Nowhere near.close to the same thing.

Well the best you can do is lead the horse to the water.

So all you got to do is tell them "Not to fumble". We should probably tell all of them that.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 05:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Here’s the full clip. All is forgiven as far as I’m concerned.

Nice, hope we can keep him around. Love Playoff P even if he didn't have his best game yesterday. He has that mad heart we need.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 04:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If the coaches Hill to "just fall down" after he got the ball then they are beyond idiots for even handing it to him; of course, this is how narratives go.

I've always defended Hill for trying to end the game and giving total effort. 

And I'll defend Ossai for trying to make a play at the end of the game with total effort. 

Hill just falls down, Ossai just lets Mahomes continue out of bounds then the outcome of both games may be different. but they are the exact same scenario.

Folks are giving Ossai a break because he's remorseful. Does anyone remember how remorseful Hill was after that play/game?

As I said, we're maturing as a fan-base. 

Didn't Hill also say some slick stuff about the Bengals when he went to the Patriots?
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote

Ok then, you all can see that Pratt was just blowing off some steam and when you're a ferocious competitor you're going to vent and ppl just need to let it be.  Pratt's later apologized, he most likely realized he was caught up in the heat of the monument and said something he didn't truly feel. 

If you've ever played competitive sports, and gave a crap about winning, then you know this.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 07:25 PM)Destro Wrote: Didn't Hill also say some slick stuff about the Bengals when he went to the Patriots?

IDK. I just know I cannot blame the guy for trying to run if they hand him the ball. 

Reply/Quote
"Rep. Mark Alford, R-Mo., on Monday mocked the Cincinnati Bengals for losing to his Kansas City Chiefs in the AFC Championship Game on Sunday night by calling them the "Bungles" and thanking a Bengals defensive player [Ossai] for a costly penalty that helped give the Chiefs the win."

"A special thank-you to Patrick Mahomes, [kicker] Harrison Butker, Travis Kelce, [defensive tackle] Chris Jones, and of course, Joseph Ossai for all their wonderful efforts last night," he said. "We couldn’t have done it without you."

"I also hope that Major Jabroni and the rest of the Cincinnati fan base learned a valuable lesson last night. It is called Arrowhead. It is the loudest, toughest place to play in the NFL, with the strongest fan base," Alford said.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/chiefs-fan-mocks-bengals-loss-house-floor-bungles
Reply/Quote