Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joseph Ossai
(01-30-2023, 07:46 PM)Nepa Wrote: "Rep. Mark Alford, R-Mo., on Monday mocked the Cincinnati Bengals for losing to his Kansas City Chiefs in the AFC Championship Game on Sunday night by calling them the "Bungles" and thanking a Bengals defensive player [Ossai] for a costly penalty that helped give the Chiefs the win."

"A special thank-you to Patrick Mahomes, [kicker] Harrison Butker, Travis Kelce, [defensive tackle] Chris Jones, and of course, Joseph Ossai for all their wonderful efforts last night," he said. "We couldn’t have done it without you."

"I also hope that Major Jabroni and the rest of the Cincinnati fan base learned a valuable lesson last night. It is called Arrowhead. It is the loudest, toughest place to play in the NFL, with the strongest fan base," Alford said.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/chiefs-fan-mocks-bengals-loss-house-floor-bungles

As much as I wish that Eli would shut up, at least he talks about past opponents, not future ones.

And as for the Cincinnati mayor . . . I wouldn't be shocked if his next opponent gets lots of donations of $15 from the greater Kansas City area.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 06:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nice, hope we can keep him around. Love Playoff P even if he didn't have his best game yesterday. He has that mad heart we need.
Being competitive is one thing but he showed his true colors multiple times this year. JO was devastated and wouldn't leave the field then this clown is yelling at him when he himself played like a steaming pile of crap. This is not a true leader. He can be gone. He apologized because he realized he may have cost himself free agent money. We don't need these type of players.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 07:37 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: Ok then, you all can see that Pratt was just blowing off some steam and when you're a ferocious competitor you're going to vent and ppl just need to let it be.  Pratt's later apologized, he most likely realized he was caught up in the heat of the monument and said something he didn't truly feel. 

If you've ever played competitive sports, and gave a crap about winning, then you know this.

FWIW, he's wearing Bates' hoodie in this clip: "JB3 Just Believe". I doubt it's entirely random. He knows what's up
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 06:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well the best you can do is lead the horse to the water.

So all you got to do is tell them "Not to fumble". We should probably tell all of them that.

All Hill had to do is fall down with the ball. There was zero reason to attempt to get more yards. Lewis told him that 15 seconds before he fumbled the game away trying to get unneeded yards. Sorry you can't understand that.
Reply/Quote
Man you all are down bad. Rehashing the 2016 meltdown? Our current QB & HC are 5-2 in the playoffs. We don’t need to obsess over that nonsense anymore.

Reply/Quote
Ossai looked pretty good at the end of the season and in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 10:18 PM)Sled21 Wrote: All Hill had to do is fall down with the ball. There was zero reason to attempt to get more yards. Lewis told him that 15 seconds before he fumbled the game away trying to get unneeded yards. Sorry you can't understand that.

Do you have a link or anything where Marvin told his RB to just fall down? 

I mean I'm no Knute Rockne, but if that's the plan why risk the handoff? I'd assume the QB is capable of falling down. 

But yeah, this has run its course. 

[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 10:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Man you all are down bad. Rehashing the 2016 meltdown? Our current QB & HC are 5-2 in the playoffs. We don’t need to obsess over that nonsense anymore.

I agree. I'm simply pointing to the similarity of the plays to illustrate how "many" of us have matured as a fanbase. We're dealing with 22-23 year old kids trying to do what they're paid to do, the best they can. 

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 04:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If the coaches Hill to "just fall down" after he got the ball then they are beyond idiots for even handing it to him; of course, this is how narratives go.

I've always defended Hill for trying to end the game and giving total effort. 

And I'll defend Ossai for trying to make a play at the end of the game with total effort. 

Hill just falls down, Ossai just lets Mahomes continue out of bounds then the outcome of both games may be different. but they are the exact same scenario.

Folks are giving Ossai a break because he's remorseful. Does anyone remember how remorseful Hill was after that play/game?

As I said, we're maturing as a fan-base. 

Old news but I never once blamed Hill on that loss, but Burfict and Pacman are a different story imo. 

Mad respect to BJ Hill on the Ossai interview. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 10:51 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Old news but I never once blamed Hill on that loss, but Burfict and Pacman are a different story imo. 

Mad respect to BJ Hill on the Ossai interview. 

Agreed on all points; especially BJ Hill. He was looking at the press like:

" I wish a MF would". 

We got a steal in that dude. 

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 11:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Agreed on all points; especially BJ Hill. He was looking at the press like:

" I wish a MF would". 

We got a steal in that dude. 

I definitely think they paid the right guy.

Reply/Quote
I was good with forgiving Ossai until I saw this:

[Image: dneybsxktopclydam5og.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I feel like by the time the meltdown began I had accepted the loss and was right there with the crowd wanting blood. It was the Hil fumble and the Ben hero act. I wasn’t mad at Burfict or Pac-Man. PAC was protecting the defensive huddle from Joey Porters unprecedented and unpunished move of walking all the way across the field to talk shit in the defensive huddle. Someone had to step up. I feel like the meltdown from everyone had already began and the Burfict and Pac penalty was at that point the city and the team saying f it. Remember we threw trash at an “injured” Ben. Supposedly being stretchered out. With what he acted like was a career ending injury. To the disgust of the pro STEELER announcers. We knew he was faking it tho. We was tired of the act. The Nelson hair pull from Munchak. I actually never minded 2016. It was the peak of frustration and you knew it was the end. They went out in a blaze and took some Steelers with them.

Marvin should have been fired and the rebuild should have began. Instead they gathered the ashes and propped up a defeated and broken era for 3 more years.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 03:37 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: I heard Germaine Pratt was making a scene yelling at him on the sideline

I know Ossai messed up, but Pratt really does act like an ass. Especially when he thought it was cool to call out Lou Anorumo for not playing him on 3rd downs all the time

I heard that Pratt did it last year as well after the super bowl loss.  I know it was in the heat of the moment and I know that number 58 wasn't around when he was ranting but it was posted on video and went viral. I think Pratt is gone. 
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Ossai was looking good at the end of the season. He was one of the only guys getting to Mahomes consistently when he was in. I like what he is showing going into next season.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 03:48 AM)JumboTron Wrote: Pratt forgetting how to tackle for most of the second half was especially fun to watch.

He's consistently trying to rip the ball out, while the ball carrier runs for another 8 yds...... Gotta pick your spots
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 10:56 AM)Sled21 Wrote: [Image: Gm8cDSfl.jpg]
wasn't Volson called for holding on the same thing a few minutes earlier?
Reply/Quote
Now you have some evangelical scumbag politician in Missouri thanking Ossai for his efforts in the game. I mean, I know you are just a clueless politician, who didn't even graduate with a degree, but seeing how Ossai was clearly upset on the sidelines, maybe your "Christian" self can just congratulate the Chiefs players on the win? Or, maybe attack the Mayor of Cincinnati?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/article/chiefs-fan-mocks-bengals-loss-on-the-house-floor-the-bungles/ar-AA16UX9d
Reply/Quote
Oh, and then had the audacity to say the Refs were working AGAINST the Chiefs.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/missouri-congressman-laughably-claims-referees-were-against-the-chiefs-for-the-entire-game/ar-AA16V4Ax
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 12:22 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Now you have some evangelical scumbag politician in Missouri thanking Ossai for his efforts in the game. I mean, I know you are just a clueless politician, who didn't even graduate with a degree, but seeing how Ossai was clearly upset on the sidelines, maybe your "Christian" self can just congratulate the Chiefs players on the win? Or, maybe attack the Mayor of Cincinnati?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/article/chiefs-fan-mocks-bengals-loss-on-the-house-floor-the-bungles/ar-AA16UX9d

Politicians are trash and seek attention. He criticized the dumbass Cincy mayor cringe joke and then went after NFL newbie player. Even other fanbases knew and encouraged people to be mindful of Ossai. He is young player with great potential and I hope he can toughen up after all of this.
Reply/Quote