Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Josh Gordon
Pacman had a worse rep and we took him and he's paying dividends. I wouldn't mind picking him up for a cheap deal.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 07:15 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Idk man. What strike is this for him? I wanted to trade for him this offseason, but the guy obviously has a serious addiction. Goodell was already reluctant to reinstate him, so you have to figure he's out for at least the year.

So then you have a guy presumably trying to make a comeback in 2017 who hasn't played since 2014. If he makes one wrong move, he's gone yet again, and he hasn't shown any inkling of hope that he "gets it".

Normally I'm down for these types of moves, but I don't have any faith in the guy at this point. Not worth the headache.

Yeah, this is a guy who just does not seem to get it.  I don't understand how you don't go to rehab the last four weeks while you are waiting to be activated.  Or maybe he slipped up again... from what I understand, it's not just pot, but also alcohol.  I feel bad for the guy because addiction is a disease, but don't see how they could possibly have any faith in him.
Reply/Quote
^Yeah Gordon is a drunk.

Reply/Quote
No way to high a risk. Marvin cant control the trouble makers now. Remember Vontez and Pacman against Pitt in the playoffs last year.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 07:47 PM)cincyfan429 Wrote: No way to high a risk. Marvin cant control the trouble makers now. Remember Vontez and Pacman against Pitt in the playoffs last year.

Why do people view this as such a high risk, the only thing he's done is smoke pot.. This is Josh Gordon, not a felon with a bad rap. He doesn't have on field problems like Tez or Pac. I'd be jumpin with joy to see the Bengals jump on him at the right price.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 08:00 PM)2ndHalfAdjustment Wrote: Why do people view this as such a high risk, the only thing he's done is smoke pot.. This is Josh Gordon, not a felon with a bad rap. He doesn't have on field problems like Tez or Pac. I'd be jumpin with joy to see the Bengals jump on him at the right price.

Is it?

The program doesn't reveal what the substance(s) are that a player tests positive for.  And if all he is doing is smoking weed, does anyone honestly think he would have been suspended this many times and just now check into rehab on the brink of his return?

Guys in the program say "It's just weed" much in the same way that the PED guys say "it was a tainted supplement".
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 07:28 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Pacman had a worse rep and we took him and he's paying dividends. I wouldn't mind picking him up for a cheap deal.

this is not about having a bad rep. it is about being a drug user and having signs of being an addict.. having some experience in the area, from what i have seen and read over the last few years.. he has a drug problem which means he has a disease which can be with you the rest of your life.. he needs to get away from football and football needs to get away from him at this time.
Reply/Quote
I dont think the issue is with him as much as the NFL. He wont stop smoking apparently and unless the NFL changes their tune about pot before next season then I don't think it's worth it cause he will never see the field.

They aren't worried if he drinks himself to death but pot is a big no-no. LOL
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 08:16 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Is it?

The program doesn't reveal what the substance(s) are that a player tests positive for.  And if all he is doing is smoking weed, does anyone honestly think he would have been suspended this many times and just now check into rehab on the brink of his return?

Guys in the program say "It's just weed" much in the same way that the PED guys say "it was a tainted supplement".

I obviously don't know for certain, but it seems logical to me that he's checking himself into rehab because he has a psychological addiction to marijuana (and has had it for a long long time) and wants to try and put an end to it once and for all because he knows that he has no more mulligans. Just my impression though, could be wrong I guess.
Reply/Quote
Gordon and Flopzel are byproducts of the crap that goes on in Cleveland. I wouldn't want either to wear a Bengals uniform ever. Jerry Jones and Dallas seem interested in rehabbing many players so he should go there.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I would consider it...

He looked good in preseason with RG3...

Maybe him putting himself in the rehab will help him.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Hell yes I would give him a prove it deal. Would hate to face him playing for Pitt or Balt. From what ive heard about the guy he dosent seem to be a cancer in the locker room, he played well in the pre season so why not. Would rather have him scoring TD's for us than against us.
Reply/Quote
I remember how Pac Man was viewed back in the day, hell i was pounding the table for Burfict, I know Burfict's issues didnt have anything to do with drugs, i guess what im trying to say is, If Gordon is serious (and only he knows) about cleaning up his act, imagine a clean, focused Gordon on the field with Green and Eifert. Sick just flat out sick.
Reply/Quote
Josh Gordon?

Hell yes. This is the same team that resurrected Pacman Jones. Signed Tank Johnson and Cedric Brandon. Marvin got in Burfict's ear when it was clear he wouldn't be drafted and brought him in... Chris Henry...

Josh Gordon is an elite talent. He's worth a look.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
He will come back and get signed by the pats. Him and Jimmy G, will take over the pats....
Reply/Quote
Rehab is way over rated because there's really only one way to kick bad habits and it doesn't come from rehab programs. It boils down to desire. You either want the change in your life or you don't. My own experience with rehabs..they primarily try to guilt you into a lot of BS that has little to nothing to do with the issues in your life. 
I changed my life because I wanted to change it, not because some hack behind a desk in a rehab ever did a damned thing. To this day I don't know a single person who ever changed their lives because of rehab and I've been in more than a few. I do know a lot of people who wanted to change their lives and did, but rehab isn't why.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Why pay the guy and give him a roster spot when smoking dope is obviously more important to him than making millions playing a game? He's an idiot, and he's no good to anyone because he can't pass a drug test. It's not like he can win a game from being at home on his couch serving suspensions....
Reply/Quote
Can he play center?
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2016, 10:11 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Can he play center?
I don't know, but I know Bodine can't.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2016, 10:03 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Why pay the guy and give him a roster spot when smoking dope is obviously more important to him than making millions playing a game? He's an idiot, and he's no good to anyone because he can't pass a drug test. It's not like he can win a game from being at home on his couch serving suspensions....

Winning could do a lot with changing focus.

We only signed Lafell for this season. I'd claim him off waivers and alllow him to finish rehab Then next year we would have the best 1-2 receiver combo in NFL history.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote