Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Josh Jacobs?
Not too far removed being the rushing champion in 2022 and last year's struggles could be pointed to him holding out some in the summer.

I think, knowing how short a running back's career is, he'd come here knowing that he won't get a long-term deal elsewhere but he has the potential to reach incentives in a contract and play for a title here.

Is it possible?
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2024, 06:20 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Not too far removed being the rushing champion in 2022 and last year's struggles could be pointed to him holding out some in the summer.

I think, knowing how short a running back's career is, he'd come here knowing that he won't get a long-term deal elsewhere but he has the potential to reach incentives in a contract and play for a title here.

Is it possible?

Spotrac has him projected for a four year, $42MM deal. They'd have to be pretty far off for him to miss that kind of deal for a short title shot. I think he ends up getting a longer term deal. 
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2024, 06:27 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Spotrac has him projected for a four year, $42MM deal. They'd have to be pretty far off for him to miss that kind of deal for a short title shot. I think he ends up getting a longer term deal. 

That's insane. 

I won't act like I know better than them but they must know something I don't.
Reply/Quote
Hasn't gone over 4.0ypc in 3 of the last 4 years. Don't want him. Don't pay RBs, goes double for under-performing RBs.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
The Raiders have been a bit of a mess past two seasons, Jacobs still had some really good games and would be an interesting FA to bring in
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Jacobs' career YPC is just .1 higher than Mixon's (4.2 to 4.1).
Jacobs is on the slower side in regard to speed and agility. He's more of a bruiser.
I don't see much difference between Jacobs and Mixon at this point in their careers, so I'd personally pass.
I want someone more explosive.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Hard no on Jacob’s. Too many totes not enough yards.
Reply/Quote
Tony Pollard is one maybe to consider. He is a very good runner and catches a lot of balls. He is NOT an every down back, but is excellent sharing snaps. He went from 5.5/5.2 yds per carry sharing snaps down to 4.0 as the workhorse.

He and Chase Brown could be interchangeable and would not give the defense an obvious tell as to wether we are passing or rushing.

He is projected at 8M per over 3 years. Not sure the Cowboys let him walk tho...

Reply/Quote
I was just throwing this out there as food or thought but, now that I think about it more, I'm not going to want to spend that much money on a guy that would steal snaps from Chase Brown.

I'm actually very high on Chase Brown and think he is perfect in our offense to be the full-time back.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2024, 06:20 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Not too far removed being the rushing champion in 2022 and last year's struggles could be pointed to him holding out some in the summer.

Is it possible?

can probly find fresh legs in the draft
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2024, 05:22 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I was just throwing this out there as food or thought but, now that I think about it more, I'm not going to want to spend that much money on a guy that would steal snaps from Chase Brown.

I'm actually very high on Chase Brown and think he is perfect in our offense to be the full-time back.

Just too unproven for me , had moments but also struggled  especially between tackle,  we let Mixon go need to look at a proven RB to bring in.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2024, 12:24 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Just too unproven for me , had moments but also struggled  especially between tackle,  we let Mixon go need to look at a proven RB to bring in.

I agree that I'd still like to see more of him and need to evaluate more, but I just like how he moves in space and was a solid receiver. 

You might be right about the between the tackles, but I don't think Burrow's going to give a back too many carries between the tackles. 

I'm back on your side though. Bring in Jacobs and give defenses another weapon to account for.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2024, 12:24 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Just too unproven for me , had moments but also struggled  especially between tackle,  we let Mixon go need to look at a proven RB to bring in.

Bengals aren’t going to cut Mixon the #7 all purpose yards last year with #28 OL. 2 of those guys were lower ypc with much better OL.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
If only we just run block..........

Profit.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2024, 12:34 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Bengals aren’t going to cut Mixon the #7 all purpose yards last year with #28 OL. 2 of those guys were lower ypc with much better OL.

(02-08-2024, 12:48 AM)2MinutesHate Wrote: If only we just run block..........

Profit.

The Bengals were ranked highly in yards BEFORE contact and were one of the worst (31st I think) in yards AFTER contact. That says the oline was ok and that the back was not good.

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2024, 12:33 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I agree that I'd still like to see more of him and need to evaluate more, but I just like how he moves in space and was a solid receiver. 

You might be right about the between the tackles, but I don't think Burrow's going to give a back too many carries between the tackles. 

I'm back on your side though. Bring in Jacobs and give defenses another weapon to account for.

Josh Jaocbs is slower than Mixon and wants 12M per year over at least 3 years.  He averaged 3.5 yards per attempt last season.  Mixon averaged 4.0. 

Not sure how great of an idea this would be....?

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2024, 01:05 AM)casear2727 Wrote: The Bengals were ranked highly in yards BEFORE contact and were one of the worst (31st I think) in yards AFTER contact. That says the oline was ok and that the back was not good.

Where is that?
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2024, 10:08 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Where is that?

I am not sure, but here is where I found some advanced rushing stats.
https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/advanced-stats-rb.php

According to this, Mixon was:
Avg Yards Before Contact = 2.6 (leading rusher with 100+ rushing attempts was Achane at 4.7)
Avg Yards After Contact = 1.4 (leading rusher with 100+ rush attempts was also Achane at 3.0. Chase Brown was actually right after Achane at 2.9)
Mixon had only 5 runs of 20+ yards the entire season, none of which were 50+ yards.

I like Mixon, but he's not a home run threat (anymore at least).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2024, 04:41 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Jacobs' career YPC is just .1 higher than Mixon's (4.2 to 4.1).
Jacobs is on the slower side in regard to speed and agility. He's more of a bruiser.
I don't see much difference between Jacobs and Mixon at this point in their careers, so I'd personally pass.
I want someone more explosive.

what is interesting about the slower comment: I recall him having alot more break away explosive runs than Mixon
Reply/Quote

Is it possible?

FA RB should be nowhere on the Bengals radar with the contracts they already have to work out. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote