Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Josh Johnson for our playbook and audibles
Did the Bills sign Josh Johnson to give Rex Ryan our offensive and defensive playbooks?

I know Taylor is banged up, but they have Taylor and Manual so it made no sense to me
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
He's on the Colt's roster, not Bills last I knew. Confused

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 03:09 PM)Shouldamapads Wrote: He's on the Colt's roster, not Bills last I knew. Confused

Released and signed by the Bills..... Tyrod Taylor is supposedly banged up.
Reply/Quote
Bills just signed him...

If that's the case, I have confidence that Josh Johnsons cerebral capabilities are fairly limited, and wont be much help for the Bills.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 03:09 PM)Shouldamapads Wrote: He's on the Colt's roster, not Bills last I knew. Confused

Bills signed him this AM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/13/bills-sign-josh-johnson-so-colts-cant-again-this-week/
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 03:12 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Bills just signed him...

If that's the case, I have confidence that Josh Johnsons cerebral capabilities are fairly limited, and wont be much help for the Bills.

If they put him in, he can drop snaps for them.....
Reply/Quote
Rumor is Taylor may be far more banged up than most realize.
Reply/Quote
I encourage Johnson to "help" them. He was turrible (CB) when he played in preseason games here.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 02:57 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Did the Bills sign Josh Johnson to give Rex Ryan our offensive and defensive playbooks?

I know Taylor is banged up, but they have Taylor and Manual so it made no sense to me

Rex: You know why we signed you, right son ?
JJ: Because I'm a mobile passer with skills similar to Taylor's and I'm cheap ?
Rex: No, son ! Because we want Cincy's playbook ! (mumbles.....I guess you were cheap)
JJ: Oh, no this is a tremendous amount of pressure....   *barf*
Rex: Suck it up, son, suck it up..... oh, wait..... not literally !!
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 03:24 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Rex: You know why we signed you, right son ?
JJ: Because I'm a mobile passer with skills similar to Taylor's and I'm cheap ?
Rex: No, son ! Because we want Cincy's playbook ! (mumbles.....I guess you were cheap)
JJ: Oh, no this is a tremendous amount of pressure....   *barf*
Rex: Suck it up, son, suck it up..... oh, wait..... not literally !!

Josh Johnson wasn't the QB who threw up.....it was Matt Scott.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 03:29 PM)Au165 Wrote: Josh Johnson wasn't the QB who threw up.....it was Matt Scott.

Yes.....but it was still funny....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
So it looks like we get another crack at EJ Manuel..
Reply/Quote
They can't get anything from a former player that they can't get by watching tape. I worry less about a former player dishing out any kind of secrets and more about good scouts diagnosing tells by the players as to whether it's a run, pass, option, etc. When players talk about "we knew what they were going to do" they're talking about those coaches and assistants going through game tapes for how a team tends to play a certain scheme or plays they tend to use, not that they had access to their books.
Reply/Quote
I thought it was a fishy signing too...

Their QB is "sore" and they go out and sign one of our cast offs??

Come on...
Reply/Quote
I've seen the Bengals sign players from a team they're about to play as well.. Don't think it's that big of a deal
Reply/Quote
They are constantly adding new wrinkles to the offense and they probably change up their audible calls fairly often so I highly doubt Josh Johnson has any significant knowledge that he could pass on to the Bills for this game. And if they are planning on playing Johnson against us I can pretty much guarantee a win right now.
Well does he have a name or should I call him... lawyer?
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 03:47 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: So it looks like we get another crack at EJ Manuel..

This is the first time we play against him.

Thad Lewis had himself a decent day 2 years ago.
Reply/Quote
It's not uncommon for teams to sign players who have played for upcoming opponents. Johnson may be able to give the Bills some of the basics, but playbooks change up so much during the season.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 03:29 PM)Au165 Wrote: Josh Johnson wasn't the QB who threw up.....it was Matt Scott.

Well, darn....
Thanks for the correction.
I would have sworn it was JJ.
It's hell getting old.
Tongue
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't write off EJ Manuel quite yet.

Our weakness this year has been the big plays (blown coverages against SD and SEA), and EJ Manuels one true strength is throwing it deep. Keep everything in front of us and we should be fine, but he has the ability to make big throws if you allow it.
Reply/Quote