Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Josh Malone
(04-29-2017, 02:25 PM)Trademark Wrote: Really don't think we keep Core. Regardless our WR core looks amazing you know that AJ and Andy are happy.

They really like Core.  I would say that Erickson is the most at-risk, and maybe they even keep seven WRs.  Plus, it seems to be a minor miracle if all WRs make it through camp and pre-season injury free.  This is an excellent problem to have....quality depth of guys that can generate separation.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Barring injury or a tremendous camp, he'll be 'stashed' on the PS

Reply/Quote
(05-16-2017, 11:35 AM)jeremydc Wrote: Barring injury or a tremendous camp, he'll be 'stashed' on the PS

Yeah I totally agree there, do believe with a little polishing he could have a bright future in the NFL
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2017, 12:10 PM)lbrown41017 Wrote: Yeah I totally agree there, do believe with a little polishing he could have a bright future in the NFL

Your not gettingg a 4th round WR on PS. It works at some positions because you have to carry that guy on your 53 man, but since teams carry 6 WR's it is easier to pick them up and stick them at the bottom of the 53 and leave them inactive for game days, it is tougher to do with other positions.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2017, 12:25 PM)Au165 Wrote: Your not gettingg a 4th round WR on PS. It works at some positions because you have to carry that guy on your 53 man, but since teams carry 6 WR's it is easier to pick them up and stick them at the bottom of the 53 and leave them inactive for game days, it is tougher to do with other positions.

Precisely. This team will cut either Erickson or Core, or they will go light at another position in favor of seven WRs. If seven WRs, I could see both Core and Malone inactive.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 02:21 PM)milksheikh Wrote: 1. AJ
2. Ross
3. Boyd
4. LaFell
5. Malone
6. Core

7. Erickson

We will roll with 7 this year, or it's Core that goes.
I don't want Ross anywhere near ST, Malone can be a backup for Erickson, until we know what's going on with Adam Jones suspension.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2017, 12:16 AM)Beaker Wrote: I think they keep 7 WRs:

1. Green
2. LaFell
3. Boyd
4. Ross
5. Core
6. Malone
7. Erickson

I think they only carry 3 RBs this season instead of 4 with Peerman getting cut. Wilson makes it as a S and fills Peerman's role on ST, backs up Erickson as the KR....and also serves as the #4 B if needed.  Younger and faster all over the roster baby.

Gio can start on the PUP Maybe? Then we see what we have with Wilson and Peerman for when Gio comes back.
Reply/Quote
Hobson has already hinted around at keeping 7 WR's
Reply/Quote
I don't get why people think Erickson will go. 1.) he is a starter at both KR/PR who excelled there and 2.) He is the primary backup to Boyd. Sure Ross, Lafell, and AJ can play there but their to valuable to play in that position. If someone goes its Lafell because of special teams duty. I don't see that happening though we keep 7.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2017, 12:10 AM)J24 Wrote: I don't get why people think Erickson will go. 1.) he is a starter at both KR/PR who excelled there and 2.) He is the primary backup to Boyd. Sure Ross, Lafell, and AJ can play there but their to valuable to play in that position. If someone goes its Lafell because of special teams duty. I don't see that happening though we keep 7.

Good point as i thought Erickson would be the most likely to leave cause we added more Returners in Ross, Mixon, Wilson 
and Malone and all are good receivers to boot. Core has that deep threat speed and is a good blocker on ST's. Starting to
agree with you and we keep 7...

AJ Green
John Ross
Tyler Boyd
Brandon Lafell
Cody Core
Alex Erickson
Josh Malone
Reply/Quote
We'll see how camp goes, but I can see rolling with some tweeners on D to open up a spot on offense so we can carry 7 WRs.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
This guy is getting Armon Binns/James Wright level of pre-hype.

I'm in wait and see mode. Maybe he will make a few catches as a Bengal.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2017, 08:41 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: This guy is getting Armon Binns/James Wright level of pre-hype.

He should be much better than both. Unlike Malone, both Binns and Wright were pretty much already written off during the draft process and were not expected to ever become decent WRs in the NFL. Binns and Wright were hyped up by the Bengals only.

A better comparison for Malone is who Andy Dalton compared him to...Marvin Jones.
Malone is a raw talent that could take a couple years to iron out the kinks, but he was considered an early Day 3 pick for a reason and is expected to become at least a solid WR3/4 in the NFL.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-17-2017, 08:41 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: This guy is getting Armon Binns/James Wright level of pre-hype.

I think Malone will be brought along slowly. I wouldn't be surprised if he's inactive on game days until late in the season.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
In all honesty I'd be cool with cutting core and we have better replacements for Erickson now so despite his good year he needs a helluva tc/preseason or cut him too
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
JKosh's QB at Tennessee, Josh Dobbs, got drafted, but it was based moreon potential than the way he threw the ball in college. UT had a very simplistic passing game. Malone would have put up much bigger numbers in a more advanced passing game.

Also

Josh Malone taken with pick #128
Marvin jones taken with pick #166
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2017, 08:13 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: In all honesty I'd be cool with cutting core and we have better replacements for Erickson now so despite his good year he needs a helluva tc/preseason or cut him too

You don't even want to see core go in TC or preseason?
Reply/Quote
It's worth mentioning Cody Core actually had a better rookie season statistically than Mohamed Sanu did in terms of yardage and 1 yard shy of Marvin Jones, but he played in fewer games than both.

2016 Cody Core - 8 GP, 17 rec, 200 yards, 0 TD
2012 Mohamed Sanu - 9 GP, 16 rec, 154 yards, 4 TD
2012 Marvin Jones - 11 GP, 18 rec, 201 yards, 1 TD

So don't give up hope on Core yet, he still could become a solid WR2/WR3.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-19-2017, 09:16 AM)ochocincos Wrote: It's worth mentioning Cody Core actually had a better rookie season statistically than Mohamed Sanu did in terms of yardage and 1 yard shy of Marvin Jones, but he played in fewer games than both.

Core isn't going anywhere, they will carry 7 or they will cut Erickson. The return game is being phased out of football, and so the value of guys who only have value as returners is dropping. While Erickson is a good returner we have guys that can do the job and provide far more on the offensive side of the ball.
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2017, 09:16 AM)ochocincos Wrote: It's worth mentioning Cody Core actually had a better rookie season statistically than Mohamed Sanu did in terms of yardage and 1 yard shy of Marvin Jones, but he played in fewer games than both.

Antonio brown only had 16 for 167 his rookie year too!   Ninja

But I agree you don't give up on 6-3, 4.47, 38" very huh after 1 year.
Reply/Quote